|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How secretive was Oscar Wilde about his homosexuality after his children were born?
(a) Highly secretive.
(b) He was a hypocrite, denouncing homosexuality in public, but practicing it in private.
(c) Secretive in public, but open with friends.
(d) Not secretive at all.
2. How did Oscar Wilde describe Christ's life?
(a) As a moving song.
(b) As the greatest of poems.
(c) As a tragic drama.
(d) As an iconic sculpture.
3. What did Oscar Wilde do in Naples?
(a) Write his memoirs.
(b) Live with his lover.
(c) Write his last play.
4. Who is the central character in Oscar Wilde's play "Salome"?
(d) John the Baptist.
5. What brought about Oscar Wilde's first trial?
(a) Wilde was sued for his writing's obscenity.
(b) Wilde had sued his lover's father for libel.
(c) Wilde was caught performing a homosexual sex act.
(d) Wilde was sued for sodomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Oscar Wilde's novel, "The Picture of Dorian Gray," received?
2. What privilege does Oscar Wilde eventually obtain in prison?
3. What was Oscar Wilde's daily routine in prison?
4. What play was Oscar Wilde writing in 1894?
5. How did prison affect Oscar Wilde's view of human nature?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)