Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Oscar Wilde set the stage for his own prosecution?
(a) He alienated his supporters with cruel wit.
(b) He taunted society with openly homosexual writings.
(c) He was seen having sex in public.
(d) He enraged his lover's father.
2. What did Oscar Wilde write about his personal experience in prison?
(a) "The Ballad of Reading Gaol."
(b) He describes his longing for his wife.
(d) Long, detailed letters to his lover.
3. What was the punishment for homosexuality in England in the late 1800s?
4. How secretive was Oscar Wilde about his homosexuality after his children were born?
(a) Secretive in public, but open with friends.
(b) Highly secretive.
(c) Not secretive at all.
(d) He was a hypocrite, denouncing homosexuality in public, but practicing it in private.
5. How did prison affect Oscar Wilde's health?
(a) Wilde was pampered by prison guards.
(b) Wilde's health deteriorated rapidly.
(c) Wilde nearly died when his illness was not treated.
(d) Wilde lost weight and got in shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Oscar Wilde released from prison for the first time?
2. What did Oscar Wilde do in Naples?
3. What is the title Oscar Wilde gave to "The Duchess of Padua" when he produced it anonymously?
4. To whom did the Marquis of Queensberry leave a large inheritance?
5. How did Oscar Wilde describe homosexuality in court?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)