|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oscar Wilde write about his personal experience in prison?
(a) Long, detailed letters to his lover.
(c) He describes his longing for his wife.
(d) "The Ballad of Reading Gaol."
2. Where does Oscar Wilde go after his first trial?
(a) He fled from London to Paris.
(b) He was arrested and taken to prison.
(c) He returned to Ireland.
(d) He traveled to America to lecture.
3. What is Oscar Wilde's relationship with Major Nelson?
(a) Nelson was the judge who sentenced Wilde to prison.
(b) Nelson was a warden who came to like Wilde.
(c) Nelson was Wilde's lover.
(d) Nelson was the first publisher to print Wilde's plays.
4. What is the title Oscar Wilde gave to "The Duchess of Padua" when he produced it anonymously?
(a) "Guido Ferranti."
(b) "Lady Windermere's Fan."
(c) "The Importance of Being Earnest."
(d) "The Critic as Artist."
5. What was the consequence of Oscar Wilde's first trial?
(a) The court supported Wilde.
(b) Supporters rushed to protect Wilde.
(c) Wilde's lover's father publicly apologized.
(d) People rejoiced at Wilde's fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play was Oscar Wilde writing in 1894?
2. What is the name of the play Oscar Wilde wrote upon leaving Reading Gaol?
3. What did Oscar Wilde consider doing before his first trial?
4. How much did Oscar Wilde earn from the production of "Lady Windermere's Fan"?
5. Why was Oscar Wilde arrested?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)