|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oscar Wilde discover that his lover was trying to do to him?
(a) Increase his fame by publishing his plays.
(b) Get revenge for the lawsuit against his father.
(c) Blackmail him by threatening to publish their letters.
(d) Expose him out of love.
2. What was Oscar Wilde's daily routine in prison?
(a) Hard work with meager rations.
(b) Long days writing.
(c) Long talks with fellow prisoners.
(d) Solitary confinement and starvation rations.
3. When did Oscar Wilde return to Paris?
4. How did prison affect Oscar Wilde's view of human nature?
(a) He learned that violence is more powerful than wit.
(b) He lost his compassion for human suffering.
(c) He saw people's limitations as prison-like.
(d) He learned to appreciate acts of cruelty.
5. How did Oscar Wilde describe Christ's life?
(a) As a moving song.
(b) As an iconic sculpture.
(c) As a tragic drama.
(d) As the greatest of poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Oscar Wilde's state of mind in the months after his release from Reading jail?
2. What happened as a consequence of Oscar Wilde's move to Naples?
3. What was the consequence of Oscar Wilde's first trial?
4. What did Oscar Wilde write about his personal experience in prison?
5. What caused Oscar Wilde to stop writing?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)