|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Oscar Wilde go to Paris?
2. Why does Oscar Wilde linger in America after he completes his lectures?
(a) To visit with one of his mentors who had moved to America.
(b) To pursue his interests in the theatre.
(c) To stay with a lover.
(d) To revise his lectures and write new material.
3. Which intellectual does Oscar Wilde turn to for spiritual guidance?
4. As Oscar Wilde watched how the French interpreted aestheticism, what did he see coming from aesthetic ideas?
5. Which intellectual invokes disciplined restraint?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robert Ross?
2. What did Oscar Wilde say the secret of life was at the end of his first American lecture?
3. Oscar Wilde decorated his room with pictures of whom?
4. How does Oscar Wilde resolve the conflict between progress and authority in his reading?
5. What religion is Oscar Wilde first baptized into?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Oscar Wilde's lectures received in America?
2. Where does Oscar Wilde try to find work after graduating from Oxford?
3. What were Oscar Wilde's greatest challenges in his first year at Oxford?
4. What did Oscar Wilde do when he lost his University Demyship?
5. Why does Archibald Forbes attack Oscar Wilde?
6. Describe Oscar Wilde's relationship with Oxford University.
7. How does Wilde's wife Constance handle the news of Oscar Wilde's homosexuality?
8. Where does Oscar Wilde live after returning to Europe from America?
9. How was Oscar Wilde exposed to homosexuality?
10. Where does Oscar Wilde move after graduating from Oxford?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)