|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oscar Wilde's first publication?
(a) An article.
(b) A poem.
(c) A book review.
(d) A short story.
2. With whom does Oscar Wilde move in when he goes to Paris?
(a) Rennell Rodd.
(b) Robert Harborough Sherard.
(c) Archibald Forbes.
(d) Marie Prescott.
3. When does Oscar Wilde go to Paris?
4. How does Robert Harborough Sherard's impression of Oscar Wilde change once he gets to know him?
(a) He began to loathe him for his wit.
(b) He began to be scandalized by his views.
(c) He realized that Wilde was an impostor and a poser.
(d) He came to appreciate his talents.
5. What religion is Oscar Wilde first baptized into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Oscar Wilde's reaction to the attacks that were made on him?
2. In what year was Oscar Wilde born?
3. Which feat did Oscar Wilde claim to be capable of?
4. What does Oscar Wilde's mother encourage him to do?
5. What state are Oscar Wilde and his wife's finances in when they marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Oscar Wilde's primary challenge in his fourth year at Oxford, and how did he meet it?
2. How are Oscar Wilde's lectures received in America?
3. What does Oscar Wilde do for work after he gives up lecturing?
4. Why does Oxford extend Oscar Wilde's Demyship?
5. Where does Oscar Wilde live after returning to Europe from America?
6. Why was Oscar Wilde's personality so well-suited to be parodied in the theatre?
7. What is Wilde's experience in Paris?
8. Describe the history and premier of Oscar Wilde's play "Vera."
9. What was Oscar Wilde like as a young boy?
10. Why was Oscar Wilde's first play never produced?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)