|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oscar Wilde's first publication?
(a) An article.
(b) A short story.
(c) A poem.
(d) A book review.
2. With whom does Oscar Wilde move in when he goes to Paris?
(a) Robert Harborough Sherard.
(b) Archibald Forbes.
(c) Rennell Rodd.
(d) Marie Prescott.
3. What were the gate receipts for Oscar Wilde's first lecture in America?
4. How does Oscar Wilde spend money?
5. How does Robert Harborough Sherard's impression of Oscar Wilde change once he gets to know him?
(a) He came to appreciate his talents.
(b) He realized that Wilde was an impostor and a poser.
(c) He began to be scandalized by his views.
(d) He began to loathe him for his wit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Oscar Wilde's mother's name before she changed it?
2. What does Oscar Wilde win in 1878?
3. As Oscar Wilde watched how the French interpreted aestheticism, what did he see coming from aesthetic ideas?
4. What career does Oscar Wilde explore while he is without his fellowship?
5. What happens when Oscar Wilde tries to have his first play produced in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Oscar Wilde's personality so well-suited to be parodied in the theatre?
2. How are Oscar Wilde's lectures received in America?
3. Where does Oscar Wilde move after graduating from Oxford?
4. Describe Oscar Wilde's marriage to Constance Lloyd.
5. What is Oscar Wilde's father's profession, and what are his political views?
6. How was Oscar Wilde exposed to homosexuality?
7. Describe Oscar Wilde's financial situation while he was courting Constance Lloyd.
8. What did Oscar Wilde regret when his father died?
9. Why does Oscar Wilde skip his Baltimore speaking engagement?
10. What themes does Oscar Wilde write about in his journalism?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)