|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How well had Oscar Wilde's studies prepared him for Oxford?
(a) He was far behind the other students and had to catch up.
(b) He was very well prepared and found the work boring.
(c) He was on the same level as the rest of the students.
(d) He was so well prepared that he skipped several courses.
2. What was Oscar Wilde's father's profession?
(a) Eye doctor.
3. In what year does Oscar Wilde publish his first piece?
4. Who is Archibald Forbes?
(a) An American art critic.
(b) Oscar Wilde's agent.
(c) One of Oscar Wilde's lovers.
(d) A war journalist.
5. What does Oscar Wilde encourage Lillie Langtry to do?
(a) Divorce her husband.
(b) Move to Paris.
(c) Become an actress.
(d) Become his lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which intellectual does Oscar Wilde turn to for spiritual guidance?
2. What profession does Oscar Wilde take up in order to supplement his wife's income?
3. What kind of run does "Vera" have in America?
4. How does Oscar Wilde return to England from America?
5. Who is Lillie Langtry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wilde's experience in Paris?
2. What was Oscar Wilde like as a young boy?
3. Which intellectuals became important to Oscar Wilde while he was at Oxford? What were their ideas?
4. What did Oscar Wilde regret when his father died?
5. Why was Oscar Wilde's personality so well-suited to be parodied in the theatre?
6. How was Oscar Wilde baptized?
7. What does Oscar Wilde do for work after he gives up lecturing?
8. Describe the history and premier of Oscar Wilde's play "Vera."
9. What is memorable about Oscar Wilde's stop in Leadville, Colorado?
10. What was the outcome of Oscar Wilde's trip to America?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)