|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did Oscar Wilde lose his scholarship?
(a) Three terms.
(b) Half a year.
(c) Two years.
(d) A year.
2. What is Robert Harborough Sherard's first impression of Oscar Wilde?
(a) He thought Wilde was an impostor.
(b) He was awed by Wilde's wit and intelligence.
(c) He fell in love with Wilde.
(d) He was scandalized by Wilde's views.
3. Who is Oscar Wilde's primary love interest at Oxford?
(a) Jane Thompson.
(b) Florence Balcombe.
(c) Speranza Francesca.
(d) Eva Fidelia.
4. Who moves to London after Oscar Wilde graduates from Oxford?
(a) Florence Balcombe.
(b) James McNeill Whistler.
(c) Oscar Wilde's father.
(d) Oscar Wilde's mother.
5. What does Ellman give as a possible reason for Wilde's dislike for sports?
(a) Wilde broke his arm twice.
(b) Wilde was bullied by older boys.
(c) Wilde had an early childhood disease which deformed him.
(d) Wilde was trampled in a soccer game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Oscar Wilde spend his term while he was waiting to return to school in October 1877?
2. What does Oscar Wilde's mother change her name to?
3. How does Oscar Wilde make money during his courtship of his wife?
4. What was Oscar Wilde interested in in school?
5. What religion is Oscar Wilde baptized into the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Oscar Wilde's lectures received in America?
2. Describe Oscar Wilde's meeting with Walt Whitman.
3. With whom does Oscar Wilde visit Rome in 1875?
4. What was Oscar Wilde's relationship with Robert Harborough Sherard?
5. What did Oscar Wilde regret when his father died?
6. Where does Oscar Wilde try to find work after graduating from Oxford?
7. Describe Oscar Wilde's relationship with Rennell Rodd.
8. What were Oscar Wilde's greatest challenges in his first year at Oxford?
9. What is Oscar Wilde's father's profession, and what are his political views?
10. Why does Oscar Wilde skip his Baltimore speaking engagement?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)