|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Harborough Sherard do for Oscar Wilde?
(a) He published Wilde's first book.
(b) He wrote Wilde's biography.
(c) He produced Wilde's first play.
(d) He produced "The Duchess of Padua."
2. What is Oscar Wilde's first publication?
(a) A book review.
(b) A short story.
(c) A poem.
(d) An article.
3. Who is Oscar Wilde's primary love interest at Oxford?
(a) Jane Thompson.
(b) Speranza Francesca.
(c) Florence Balcombe.
(d) Eva Fidelia.
4. How did Oscar Wilde handle the disruption of his Harvard lecture?
(a) He faced the crowd down with a cane as a weapon.
(b) He outwitted the students by stealing the points they were lampooning him for.
(c) He broke up the fight and resolved the quarrel.
(d) He took off his jacket to cover the streaker's nakedness.
5. Who moves to London after Oscar Wilde graduates from Oxford?
(a) Oscar Wilde's father.
(b) James McNeill Whistler.
(c) Oscar Wilde's mother.
(d) Florence Balcombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Oscar Wilde's father's profession?
2. How did Oscar Wilde do on the School's Examinations in 1878?
3. What is Oscar Wilde's daughter's name?
4. What is the outcome of Oscar Wilde's travels and lectures in America?
5. What profession does Oscar Wilde take up in order to supplement his wife's income?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Oscar Wilde regret when his father died?
2. Why was Oscar Wilde's personality so well-suited to be parodied in the theatre?
3. What is memorable about Oscar Wilde's stop in Leadville, Colorado?
4. Describe Oscar Wilde's contact with Catholicism at Oxford.
5. Describe Oscar Wilde's financial situation while he was courting Constance Lloyd.
6. How was Oscar Wilde baptized?
7. Why does Oscar Wilde skip his Baltimore speaking engagement?
8. Why does Oxford extend Oscar Wilde's Demyship?
9. How are Oscar Wilde's lectures received in America?
10. How did Oscar Wilde feel about his studies at Oxford?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)