|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Oscar Wilde matriculate at Oxford?
2. How does Oscar Wilde make money during his courtship of his wife?
(b) Book sales.
(c) Ticket sales from the production of The Duchess of Padua.
(d) Ticket sales from the production of Vera.
3. Where does Oscar Wilde first publish?
(a) The Oxford Review.
(b) The Dublin University Magazine.
(c) The Frankfurt Times.
(d) The Irish Times.
4. What profession does Oscar Wilde take up in order to supplement his wife's income?
5. In what year was Oscar Wilde born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Archibald Forbes?
2. What is Oscar Wilde's first publication?
3. What is the name of the scholarship Oscar Wilde won to Oxford?
4. Which theme began to appear in Oscar Wilde's writing from 1887 to 1888?
5. What is the setting of Oscar Wilde's first play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Archibald Forbes attack Oscar Wilde?
2. Describe Oscar Wilde's marriage to Constance Lloyd.
3. Describe Oscar Wilde's financial situation while he was courting Constance Lloyd.
4. What did Oscar Wilde do when he lost his University Demyship?
5. Describe Oscar Wilde's relationship with Oxford University.
6. What was Oscar Wilde's primary challenge in his fourth year at Oxford, and how did he meet it?
7. What themes does Oscar Wilde write about in his journalism?
8. Why was Oscar Wilde's personality so well-suited to be parodied in the theatre?
9. Describe Oscar Wilde's contact with Catholicism at Oxford.
10. What was Oscar Wilde's relationship with Robert Harborough Sherard?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)