|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of Oscar Wilde's first play?
(a) Modernity and war.
(b) Marriage and manners.
(c) Homosexuality and art.
(d) Socialism and nihilism.
2. What is the name of Oscar Wilde's column in Women's World Magazine?
(a) "Notes from Paris."
(b) "Notes from America."
(c) "Literary News."
(d) "Literary and Other Notes."
3. Whom does Oscar Wilde marry?
(a) Marie Prescott.
(b) Constance Lloyd.
(c) Sarah Bernhardt.
(d) Lillie Langtry.
4. What was Oscar Wilde's mother's name before she changed it?
(a) Jane Elgee.
(b) Constance Larue.
(c) Martha Shepard.
(d) Melissa Banks.
5. For how long did Oscar Wilde lose his scholarship?
(a) Two years.
(b) Half a year.
(c) Three terms.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Oscar Wilde's first play?
2. Where did Oscar Wilde spend his term while he was waiting to return to school in October 1877?
3. What religion is Oscar Wilde baptized into the second time?
4. Why does Oscar Wilde linger in America after he completes his lectures?
5. What state are Oscar Wilde and his wife's finances in when they marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the history and premier of Oscar Wilde's play "Vera."
2. What is Oscar Wilde's father's profession, and what are his political views?
3. Did Oscar Wilde's feelings about outdoor sports change any when he went to Oxford?
4. Describe Oscar Wilde's relationship with Oxford University.
5. What did Oscar Wilde regret when his father died?
6. What was the outcome of Oscar Wilde's trip to America?
7. What was Oscar Wilde's relationship with Robert Harborough Sherard?
8. Where does Oscar Wilde live after returning to Europe from America?
9. Describe Oscar Wilde's meeting with Walt Whitman.
10. Where does Oscar Wilde try to find work after graduating from Oxford?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)