|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oscar Wilde say the secret of life was at the end of his first American lecture?
2. Who moves to London after Oscar Wilde graduates from Oxford?
(a) Florence Balcombe.
(b) James McNeill Whistler.
(c) Oscar Wilde's father.
(d) Oscar Wilde's mother.
3. How does Robert Harborough Sherard's impression of Oscar Wilde change once he gets to know him?
(a) He began to be scandalized by his views.
(b) He came to appreciate his talents.
(c) He realized that Wilde was an impostor and a poser.
(d) He began to loathe him for his wit.
4. Which intellectual does Oscar Wilde work with on road-building and beautification projects?
5. For how long did Oscar Wilde lose his scholarship?
(a) Two years.
(b) Half a year.
(c) A year.
(d) Three terms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar Wilde do for work immediately after he graduates from Oxford?
2. What is the theme of Oscar Wilde's first play?
3. What was Oscar Wilde interested in in school?
4. How long does Oscar Wilde stay in America after he finishes his lecture series?
5. What does Oscar Wilde win in 1878?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Oscar Wilde's relationship with Rennell Rodd.
2. What does Oscar Wilde's mother change her name to when she marries Oscar Wilde's father?
3. Describe Oscar Wilde's relationship with his mother.
4. How did Oscar Wilde feel about his studies at Oxford?
5. Describe Oscar Wilde's financial situation while he was courting Constance Lloyd.
6. Describe Oscar Wilde's relationship with Oxford University.
7. Describe Oscar Wilde's contact with Catholicism at Oxford.
8. What themes does Oscar Wilde write about in his journalism?
9. What was the outcome of Oscar Wilde's trip to America?
10. Did Oscar Wilde's feelings about outdoor sports change any when he went to Oxford?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)