|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Oscar Wilde interested in in school?
(a) Greek culture.
(d) Mechanical engineering.
2. When does Oscar Wilde marry?
3. What religion is Oscar Wilde baptized into the second time?
4. Which item is part of each course during the dinner Oscar Wilde has in Leadville, Colorado?
(a) Cheddar cheese.
5. When did Oscar Wilde matriculate at Oxford?
6. Where does Oscar Wilde give his first public lecture in America?
(b) New York.
7. In what year does Oscar Wilde publish his first piece?
8. What was Oscar Wilde's primary challenge in his fourth year at Oxford?
(a) To pass the Honour Moderations.
(b) To pass the School's Examinations.
(c) To join Phi Beta Kappa.
(d) To join the Freemasons.
9. When students disrupt one of Oscar Wilde's lectures, where does Oscar Wilde say the students have put their heads?
(a) In the lion's mouth.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) In the sewer.
(d) In their own ears.
10. What was Oscar Wilde studying for in the spring of 1876?
(a) Engineering exams.
(b) Honor Moderations.
(c) Qualifying exams.
(d) His divinity exams.
11. Whom does Oscar Wilde marry?
(a) Lillie Langtry.
(b) Sarah Bernhardt.
(c) Marie Prescott.
(d) Constance Lloyd.
12. How well had Oscar Wilde's studies prepared him for Oxford?
(a) He was so well prepared that he skipped several courses.
(b) He was very well prepared and found the work boring.
(c) He was far behind the other students and had to catch up.
(d) He was on the same level as the rest of the students.
13. Oscar Wilde's debates with James McNeill Whistler are included in which of Wilde's works?
(a) "The Picture of Dorian Gray."
(b) "The Importance of Being Earnest."
(c) "The Duchess of Padua."
(d) "Personal Impressions of America."
14. How does Oscar Wilde make money during his courtship of his wife?
(a) Ticket sales from the production of The Duchess of Padua.
(c) Ticket sales from the production of Vera.
(d) Book sales.
15. Why does Oscar Wilde go to Paris?
(a) To finish his play, "The Duchess of Padua."
(b) To work with Walter Pater.
(c) To lecture at the Sorbonne.
(d) To meet a lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine does Oscar Wilde publish in from 1887 to 1888?
2. What is the name of the friend who converted to Catholicism and influenced Oscar Wilde to consider converting?
3. What is Oscar Wilde's father's name?
4. Which direction does Oscar Wilde's lecturing tour travel in?
5. Which intellectual appeals to conscience over imagination?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)