1. What does Oscar Wilde's mother change her name to when she marries Oscar Wilde's father?
Jane Elgee changed her name to Speranza Francesca Wilde when she married William Robert Wilde.
2. What is Oscar Wilde's father's profession, and what are his political views?
Oscar Wilde's father was an eye doctor who essentially helped create the modern medical discipline. He was a strong supporter of Irish independence.
3. What was Oscar Wilde like as a young boy?
Oscar Wilde broke his arm twice while playing sports, and for this reason, he was not fond of sports; but preferred fishing and reading. He was profoundly gifted in reading, and could read facing pages simultaneously.
4. How was Oscar Wilde baptized?
Oscar Wilde was baptized both Protestant and Catholic, and he toyed with the idea of converting to Catholicism.
5. What were Oscar Wilde's greatest challenges in his first year at Oxford?
Oscar Wilde was challenged to drop his Irish accent, correct his lisp, and become more English than his classmates.
This section contains 2,568 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)