|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Prisoner at Large.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Oscar Wilde's first play?
(a) Czarist Russia.
(b) Montparnasse, Paris.
(c) Contemporary London.
2. What actions led to prosecution of homosexuals in England?
(a) The election of a more conservative government.
(b) Agitation by Oxford students to legitimize homosexuality.
(c) The scandalous case of the Marquis of Queensberry.
(d) Anti-homosexual protests and riots.
3. Why is Oscar Wilde's first play not produced?
(a) Because Oscar Wilde's enemies poisoned the backers against him.
(b) Because the producers ran out of money.
(c) Because Oscar Wilde withdrew it under political pressure.
(d) Because it dramatized an assassination attempt.
4. What magazine published "The Picture of Dorian Gray"?
(a) Women's World.
(b) Pall Mall Gazette.
(c) Harper's Bazaar.
5. When does Oscar Wilde graduate from Oxford?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Oscar Wilde write about his personal experience in prison?
2. What does Oscar Wilde's mother change her name to?
3. What was Oscar Wilde interested in in school?
4. What is Oscar Wilde's daughter's name?
5. What is the name of the town where Oscar Wilde stayed after leaving Reading jail?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)