|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Doomed Deferred.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was "A Woman of No Importance" received?
(a) It was not a hit, but it made him 100 pounds a week.
(b) It was banned after two performances.
(c) It was panned by the critics, but audiences loved it.
(d) It was a critical success, and it established Wilde's name as a playwright.
2. With whom does Oscar Wilde move in when he goes to Paris?
(a) Marie Prescott.
(b) Rennell Rodd.
(c) Robert Harborough Sherard.
(d) Archibald Forbes.
3. What magazine published "The Picture of Dorian Gray"?
(a) Pall Mall Gazette.
(b) Harper's Bazaar.
(c) Women's World.
4. What is the setting of Oscar Wilde's first play?
(a) Czarist Russia.
(c) Contemporary London.
(d) Montparnasse, Paris.
5. What was Oscar Wilde's mother's name before she changed it?
(a) Melissa Banks.
(b) Constance Larue.
(c) Jane Elgee.
(d) Martha Shepard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar Wilde resolve the conflict between progress and authority in his reading?
2. What was Oscar Wilde studying for in the spring of 1876?
3. Which item is part of each course during the dinner Oscar Wilde has in Leadville, Colorado?
4. Oscar Wilde said that men resemble which celestial body?
5. In what year was Oscar Wilde born?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)