|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, A Late Victorian Love Affair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oscar Wilde win in 1878?
(a) Second place in the Honour Moderations.
(b) Second place in the Schools Examinations.
(c) His divinity degree.
(d) The Newdigate Prize.
2. Whom does Oscar Wilde marry?
(a) Sarah Bernhardt.
(b) Lillie Langtry.
(c) Constance Lloyd.
(d) Marie Prescott.
3. Who is the central character in Oscar Wilde's play "Salome"?
(b) John the Baptist.
4. What is the title Oscar Wilde gave to "The Duchess of Padua" when he produced it anonymously?
(a) "The Importance of Being Earnest."
(b) "Guido Ferranti."
(c) "Lady Windermere's Fan."
(d) "The Critic as Artist."
5. Which item is part of each course during the dinner Oscar Wilde has in Leadville, Colorado?
(a) Cheddar cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Oscar Wilde baptized into the second time?
2. What was the punishment for homosexuality in England in the late 1800s?
3. How did Oscar Wilde alienate people?
4. Whose house does Oscar Wilde move out of while his first play is being prepared?
5. When did Oscar Wilde matriculate at Oxford?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)