|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, A Late Victorian Love Affair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oscar Wilde's debates with James McNeill Whistler are included in which of Wilde's works?
(a) "The Importance of Being Earnest."
(b) "The Duchess of Padua."
(c) "Personal Impressions of America."
(d) "The Picture of Dorian Gray."
2. What profession does Oscar Wilde give up in order to supplement his wife's income?
3. How well was Oscar Wilde's first lecture in America received?
(a) With standing ovations.
(b) With spirited debate among the audience.
(c) With hostile jeering.
(d) With warm applause.
4. What was the punishment for homosexuality in England in the late 1800s?
5. When does Oscar Wilde graduate from Oxford?
Short Answer Questions
1. With which American writer does Oscar Wilde meet in Philadelphia while he is making his first set of American lectures?
2. What was Oscar Wilde studying for in the spring of 1876?
3. Oscar Wilde moved in with an artist after he graduated from Oxford. What kind of art did this artist make?
4. What happens when Oscar Wilde tries to have his first play produced in America?
5. What does Oxford University do for Oscar Wilde after his School's Examinations in 1878?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)