|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucinda enjoy playing at Mr. d'Abbs house?
(c) Violin sonatas.
(d) Piano duets.
2. What does Theophilus Hopkins study in the natural world?
(a) The sea.
(c) Plants in Australia.
3. Why do the townspeople make fun of Lucinda's mother?
(a) She rides a unicycle.
(b) She wears bloomers.
(c) She passes out suffrage flyers.
(d) She has a funny hat.
4. When Reverend Stratton suggests that Theophilus should help with Oscar's education expenses, what does Theophilus say?
(a) He is happy to help.
(b) He makes Oscar get a loan.
(c) Going to Oriel will place him in everlasting hell.
(d) He will give him one year's tuition.
5. Where does Lucinda go after her mother dies?
(a) Bloomer Hotel.
(b) Mr. Ahearn's house.
(c) To Mrs. Cousins' boarding house.
(d) A Baptist girls shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian Wardley-Fish teach Oscar to do?
2. How does Melody feel about her companions on board the ship?
3. What is the custom for the Sunday School children to do for Palm Sunday?
4. What does Lucinda ask of Oscar the first time she talks with him?
5. What does Lucinda think of George Eliot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucinda like to go to Mr. d'Abb's house in the evenings?
2. Why did Oscar inscribe symbols along the footpath?
3. How does Oscar feel about his father when he comes to visit him at the Stratton's home?
4. Is Elizabeth Leplastrier well-liked by the people of New South Wales?
5. Why is Mrs. Cousins perturbed by Lucinda's style of dress when she lives at her boarding house?
6. Describe how Lucinda meets Oscar on board the Leviathan.
7. How does Oscar feel about the sea?
8. Why is it so complicated to get Oscar to board the Leviathan?
9. Why does Lucinda move to Sydney?
10. Is Lucinda passionate about glass?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)