|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where Lucinda stays in Sydney?
(a) The Coat and Arms.
(b) Gertrude's Hotel.
(c) The Whimsical B&B.
(d) Petty's Hotel.
2. What does Lucinda send to Dennis Hasset?
(b) Invitation to tea.
3. What does Lucinda ask of Oscar the first time she talks with him?
(a) To hear her confession.
(b) If he has any money to lend.
(c) To place a bet on the horses.
(d) To play cards.
4. What is the name of the luxurious ocean liner that Oscar sails on?
(a) London Twister.
(b) Sydney Sailor.
(d) The Sir Anthony.
5. What does Oscar plan to do once he has earned enough money from gambling in Chapter 41?
(a) Spend his money on a house.
(b) Give all his money to his father.
(c) Travel to New Guinea.
(d) Travel to New South Wales as a missionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What local gossip does Theophilus repeat about the inscriptions along the path?
2. When Lucinda leaves Paramatta, who takes her to Sydney?
3. What does Oscar pray for each night for the Strattons?
4. What were the names of Lucinda's parents?
5. What occupation does Oscar have after graduating from Oriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Mrs. Stratton's passion for debate been a liability in her life?
2. Why is it so complicated to get Oscar to board the Leviathan?
3. Does Wardley-Fish like Oscar?
4. Describe Reverend Dennis Hasset.
5. How does Theophilus make it difficult for Lucy Millar to tend to her chores in the Stratton's kitchen?
6. Describe Oscar's view of gambling.
7. Why does Lucinda move to Sydney?
8. How does Oscar deal with Reverend Stratton's discovery of a losing betting stub?
9. Describe Oscar's first dinner at the Stratton's home.
10. Describe Ian Wardley-Fish.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)