|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stratton ask Oscar his opinion about the first night he dines with them?
(a) Greek versus Latin languages.
(b) The dining room curtains.
(c) The propriety of having more than one altar.
(d) The new china pattern she has selected.
2. What does Theophilus tell Oscar that the yellow "tor" stone is made of?
(b) Cow urine.
3. What was Lucinda's mother's dream?
(a) To publish a book.
(b) To teach fifth grade.
(c) To own a factory.
(d) To get a medical degree.
4. How did Lucinda's father die?
(a) In his sleep.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) He was thrown from a horse.
5. What does the narrator say was responsible for the story of the church?
(b) A Christmas pudding.
(c) An abandoned building.
(d) A lost puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucinda think of George Eliot?
2. Who is terrified of the sea?
3. Where does Oscar go to live after graduating from Oriel?
4. What is Oscar's nickname when he is at the Oriel Seminary?
5. When Oscar is peering through the fence at Reverend Stratton butchering a pig, what does Stratton throw at Oscar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Theophilus check Oscar's lungs every morning?
2. Describe Reverend Dennis Hasset.
3. Describe how Lucinda meets Oscar on board the Leviathan.
4. Why did Oscar inscribe symbols along the footpath?
5. Is Lucinda passionate about glass?
6. How does Reverend Stratton respond when Oscar sends him coffee?
7. Why is it so complicated to get Oscar to board the Leviathan?
8. Is Elizabeth Leplastrier well-liked by the people of New South Wales?
9. Describe Ian Wardley-Fish.
10. What happened when Oscar ate the Christmas pudding?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)