|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Christian sect that Theophilus was a member of?
(d) Plymouth Brethren.
2. What is the name of the hotel where Lucinda stays in Sydney?
(a) The Coat and Arms.
(b) The Whimsical B&B.
(c) Gertrude's Hotel.
(d) Petty's Hotel.
3. What does Lucinda's mother feud with her neighbors about?
(a) Crooked fences.
(b) Property markings.
(c) Their stray dogs.
(d) Color of their houses.
4. Where is Theophilus injured when he is in the water on Christmas Day in Chapter 5?
5. After his wife's death, where did Theophilus throw his wife's clothes?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The dumpster.
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oscar disappoint Wardley-Fish when they go to Cremorne Gardens?
2. What food do the Strattons serve Oscar the first night he has dinner with them?
3. What does Oscar do when his father gives him the scientific name for his new grey "tor" stone in Chapter 10?
4. What does Dennis tell Lucinda is lacking in his life?
5. After Lucinda's father dies, where does her mother want to return to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oscar feel about his father when he comes to visit him at the Stratton's home?
2. What happened when Oscar ate the Christmas pudding?
3. Does Wardley-Fish like Oscar?
4. Describe Theophilus' penchant for naming everything.
5. Describe Oscar's view of gambling.
6. Why did Lucinda spend a year in London?
7. Why is Mrs. Cousins perturbed by Lucinda's style of dress when she lives at her boarding house?
8. Describe Reverend Dennis Hasset.
9. Why does Theophilus check Oscar's lungs every morning?
10. Is Lucinda passionate about glass?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)