|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elizabeth Mullins?
2. Where is Theophilus injured when he is in the water on Christmas Day in Chapter 5?
3. Why did the narrator's mother take the wire from the fuse in Chapter 2?
(a) To make an Advent wreath.
(b) To hang a picture.
(c) To create a bracelet.
(d) To fix a broken chain.
4. What is the custom for the Sunday School children to do for Palm Sunday?
(b) Hand out bulletins.
(c) Decorate the church.
(d) Serve refreshments.
5. Why can't Mrs. Stratton have an official position in the Anglican church?
(a) She would have to give up her well-paying job.
(b) Her husband has been made a bishop.
(c) She's a woman and is not allowed to.
(d) Her husband is too powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his wife's death, where did Theophilus throw his wife's clothes?
2. What does Lucy make at the large table in the kitchen while Theophilus is sitting there?
3. What does Theophilus tell Oscar that the yellow "tor" stone is made of?
4. What does the willow pattern on the Stratton's china look like to Oscar?
5. How far away is the church the narrator's family attends?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)