|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 91 - 100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. d'Abbs press into Oscar's hand when he and Lucinda leave her house after arguing with her husband?
2. What does Wardley-Fish do when his boat passes Oscar's ship on its expedition journey?
(c) Dives into the water and tries to swim to the boat.
(d) Sets off a flare.
3. What does Lucinda think of George Eliot?
(a) She enjoys talking with her about glass.
(b) She enjoys her company.
(c) She loves her.
(d) She is a snob.
4. Why can't Mrs. Stratton have an official position in the Anglican church?
(a) Her husband is too powerful.
(b) She's a woman and is not allowed to.
(c) Her husband has been made a bishop.
(d) She would have to give up her well-paying job.
5. What is the name of the church that the narrator and his family go to each Sunday?
(a) St. Mary's.
(b) St. John's.
(c) Three River Church.
(d) Assumption Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Theophilus' book?
2. After his wife's death, where did Theophilus throw his wife's clothes?
3. What does Theophilus tell Oscar that the yellow "tor" stone is made of?
4. What is Oscar's response when Lucinda says he has still not absolved her after her confession?
5. What extravagant gift does Oscar send the Strattons when he is at Oriel?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)