|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say was responsible for the story of the church?
(a) A lost puppy.
(c) An abandoned building.
(d) A Christmas pudding.
2. What did Theophilus believe Christmas was?
(a) A pagan holiday.
(b) A Christian holiday.
(c) A time for family celebration.
(d) The best holiday.
3. What is Oscar's nickname when he is at the Oriel Seminary?
(a) Carrot top.
(b) Odd Bod.
4. What does Lucinda mainly remember about her mother?
(a) Her sweetness.
(b) Her conservative clothing.
(c) Her bitterness and anger.
(d) Her fine cooking.
5. After Lucinda's father dies, where does her mother want to return to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise is described as being as "definite as a walnut cracking?"
2. Who did the narrator's mother love to invite over for tea?
3. Why is Dennis not in love with Lucinda?
4. What local gossip does Theophilus repeat about the inscriptions along the path?
5. What does Lucinda's mother die from?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)