|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the willow pattern on the Stratton's china look like to Oscar?
(a) A beautiful drawing.
(c) Pagan symbols.
(d) Letters from the alphabet.
2. What does Lucinda's mother feud with her neighbors about?
(a) Property markings.
(b) Their stray dogs.
(c) Crooked fences.
(d) Color of their houses.
3. Where is Theophilus injured when he is in the water on Christmas Day in Chapter 5?
4. After Lucinda's father dies, where does her mother want to return to?
5. What does the narrator say was responsible for the story of the church?
(a) A Christmas pudding.
(b) A lost puppy.
(c) An abandoned building.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lucinda's father die?
2. What did Theophilus believe Christmas was?
3. Why do the townspeople make fun of Lucinda's mother?
4. What does Theophilus check every morning as Oscar stands on a footstool?
5. What do the Baptist boys make Oscar eat?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)