|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucinda say she is jealous of Dennis?
(a) He has nice hair.
(b) He can play the piano.
(c) Because he is a man and can enter the glassworks.
(d) He had the opportunity to attend college.
2. When Reverend Stratton suggests that Theophilus should help with Oscar's education expenses, what does Theophilus say?
(a) He will give him one year's tuition.
(b) He is happy to help.
(c) Going to Oriel will place him in everlasting hell.
(d) He makes Oscar get a loan.
3. What does the narrator say was responsible for the story of the church?
(a) A Christmas pudding.
(c) An abandoned building.
(d) A lost puppy.
4. Why did the narrator's mother take the wire from the fuse in Chapter 2?
(a) To hang a picture.
(b) To make an Advent wreath.
(c) To create a bracelet.
(d) To fix a broken chain.
5. What does Mrs. Stratton ask Oscar his opinion about the first night he dines with them?
(a) The dining room curtains.
(b) Greek versus Latin languages.
(c) The new china pattern she has selected.
(d) The propriety of having more than one altar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oscar find in the envelope that Reverend Stratton sent him?
2. Who did the narrator's mother love to invite over for tea?
3. What excuse does Lucinda give Dennis when she tells him she must leave before their celebratory dinner in Chapter 40?
4. What extravagant gift does Oscar send the Strattons when he is at Oriel?
5. What was Lucinda's mother's dream?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)