|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III: The Suicide of Thought.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chesterton name as the chief pleasure?
2. What thing does Chesterton despise more than anything else?
(a) Pure sophistry.
(b) A blatant lie.
(c) An illogical argument.
(d) The creativity of desperation.
3. What is the title of Chapter I?
(a) Introduction in Defense of Everything Else.
(b) The Paradoxes of Christianity and Everything Else.
(c) Introduction and Seduction of Thought.
(d) The Romance of Orthodoxy.
4. What, according to Chesterton, is the proper place for humility?
(a) In a man's view of himself.
(b) In a man's sense of conviction.
(c) In a man's perception of others.
(d) In a man's sense of ambition and effort.
5. What document does Chesterton refer to by the word "orthodoxy"?
(a) The Disciples' Creed.
(b) The Athanasian Creed.
(c) The Apostles' Creed.
(d) The Nicene Creed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, earlier in Chapter One, does Chesterton tell the story of the sailor?
2. What does evolution destroy, according to Chesterton?
3. Why does Chesterton think that materialism is much narrower than Christianity?
4. When materialism leads a man to fatalism, what does it also accomplish, according to Chesterton?
5. What does Chesterton say happens when a skeptic revolts against everything?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)