|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II: The Maniac.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened as Chesterton put the final touches onto the heresy he had created?
(a) He found that he no longer believed it.
(b) He found that the heresy was untenable.
(c) He found that it was orthodoxy.
(d) He found that the heresy was paganism.
2. According to Chesterton, what is the only thing a poet desires?
(a) A world to stretch out in.
(b) A raft to float on.
(c) An understanding of the heavens.
(d) The ability to cross the infinite sea.
3. According to Chesterton, what symbol explains to way that mysticism clarifies the world?
(a) The moon.
(b) A mountain.
(c) The sun.
(d) The ocean.
4. According to Chesterton, what characteristics do madmen share with many respected teachers and scientists?
(a) Spiritual confusion and materialistic thinking.
(b) Small reason and enlarged common sense.
(c) Narcissism and short-sightedness.
(d) Enlarged reason and small common sense.
5. How does the book look in relation to Chesterton, according to the author himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chesterton explains the origin of the word, the moon is the mother of which group of people?
2. Why does Chesterton say that someone might be entertained by reading the book Orthodoxy?
3. According to Chesterton, what keeps a man sane?
4. When materialism leads a man to fatalism, what does it also accomplish, according to Chesterton?
5. Why, earlier in Chapter One, does Chesterton tell the story of the sailor?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)