|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Grund work as a sales clerk?
(a) At a dress store.
(b) At a shoe store.
(c) At a bakery.
(d) At a pharmacy.
2. Who is the first boy that gives Vivian a promise ring?
(a) Peter Thompson.
(b) Ronnie King.
(c) Ralph Wilson.
(d) Andrew Ross.
3. At what time does the Nielsen's store close each day when Vivian begins working there?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
4. Who is the man that drives the kids to school from the country road that Vivian walks to from the Grotes' home?
(a) Mr. Reed.
(b) Mr. Byrne.
(c) Mr. Uhrig.
(d) Mr. Post.
5. What does Fanny give to Vivian as a Christmas gift in 1929?
(a) A new dress.
(b) Gloves and mittens.
(c) A wool coat.
(d) A pony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colloquialism does Vivian recall her grandmother saying after a satisfying supper?
2. What is the age range of the students at Vivian's school when she lives with the Grotes?
3. What word does Molly's American History teacher describe as "moments in [people's] lives when they've had to take a journey, literal or metaphorical"?
4. What is Molly's GPA for the semester when she meets with Lori in Section 3?
5. In what year did the Schatzmans immigrate to the U.S. from Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Molly's social worker? What conversation does Molly have with her social worker in Section 3?
2. What does Vivian think of the school that she begins attending while staying with the Grotes in Section 3?
3. Where does Vivian go after leaving the Grotes' home in Section 4? Who does she ask for help?
4. What causes the Byrnes' financial problems in Section 3? How does this impact Vivian?
5. What leads up to Vivian's dismissal from the Grotes' home in Section 3? When does this occur?
6. Why do the Nielsens ask Vivian to change her name in Section 4? How does Vivian respond?
7. What assignment is Molly given in her American History class in Section 3? How does Molly intend to approach the assignment?
8. What information does Mr. Sorenson relate when he returns in Section 4? What are Vivian's options at this point?
9. Why does Molly go to the library in Section 4? What does she discover through her research there?
10. Where does Vivian stay while she awaits word from Mr. Sorenson in Section 4? Who oversees this establishment?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)