|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Molly caught for attempting to steal a book?
(a) The Spruce Harbor Library.
(b) Barnes and Noble.
(c) The East Windsor Library.
(d) Gwendolyn's Books and Charms.
2. What is the one item of jewelry that Vivian has retained from her early childhood on the orphan train in 1929?
(a) A claddagh cross.
(b) A turtle pendant.
(c) A ruby ring.
(d) A diamond bracelet.
3. What is the name of Molly's foster mother?
4. By what name is Dutchy called by the adults on the orphan train?
5. How old is Maisie in 1929 when Vivian begins her life story?
(a) 6 months old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 18 months old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Vivian the copy of Anne of Green Gables that she finds in the attic?
2. Who is Molly's American History teacher?
3. What is the name of the village in Ireland where Vivian's family lived before immigrating to America?
4. What is the full name of the protagonist in Anne of Green Gables?
5. Where is Vivian when she is adopted by the Byrnes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vivian trigger the beginning of Molly's transformation of character in Section 2?
2. Where does Vivian meet Dutchy? What is foreshadowed through their first meeting in the novel?
3. What is Molly's function in the narrative? How has Molly's past influenced her character in the beginning of the story?
4. How would you describe Vivian's objectives as she and Molly begin working in the attic in Section 2?
5. What happens when the orphan train stops in Minneapolis, Minnesota, according to Vivian's narrative in Section 2? Who is adopted at this stop?
6. What foreshadowing can be seen through the meeting of Molly and Vivian in the beginning of the novel?
7. What is indicated by Molly's response when Vivian asks about Molly's mother in Section 2?
8. How would you describe the language style of Orphan Train? What are some noteworthy aspects of the wording used by the author?
9. What aspects of foreshadowing can be seen in the Prologue to Orphan Train?
10. How is the theme of identity illustrated through Vivian's narratives of the past in Section 2?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)