|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first boy that gives Vivian a promise ring?
(a) Ralph Wilson.
(b) Peter Thompson.
(c) Ronnie King.
(d) Andrew Ross.
2. In what month is Molly's birthday?
3. When does Vivian tell Mrs. Nielsen her birthday is while they decorate for Christmas in Section 4?
(a) July 7.
(b) March 13.
(c) April 21.
(d) June 2.
4. What are the names of the two delivery boys that work at Nielsen's store when Vivian begins living with the Nielsens?
(a) Philip and Paul.
(b) John and Peter.
(c) James and Edgar.
(d) Adam and Thomas.
5. The Penobscot Indians are a tribe belonging to what confederacy?
(a) The Algonquian Indians.
(b) The Powhatan Indians.
(c) The Iroquois Indians.
(d) The Wabanaki Indians.
6. What is the first question that Molly asks Vivian for her American History assignment?
(a) Where were you born?
(b) How old are you?
(c) Do you believe in ghosts?
(d) What is the longest journey you have taken?
7. What does Mrs. Grote do all the time when Vivian arrives at the Grotes' home?
(a) She sleeps all the time.
(b) She cooks all the time.
(c) She sews all the time.
(d) She drinks all the time.
8. What is Terry's last name in the novel?
9. Where does Vivian admit that her mother went after the fire when she first arrives at Miss Larsen's room at the boarding house?
(a) To South America.
(b) To prison.
(c) To a mental hospital.
(d) Back to Ireland.
10. What kind of animal does Lori remind Molly of, according to the narrator in Section 3?
(a) A ferret.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A squirrel.
11. How many students are in the classroom with Vivian at her new school when she lives with the Grotes?
12. What season is it when Vivian is thrown out from the Grotes' home?
13. What are the full names of Vivian's parents that Molly discovers from the ship logs at the library?
(a) James and Mary O'Brien.
(b) William and Sarah O'Connell.
(c) Raymond and Mary McAnally.
(d) Patrick and Mary Power.
14. Where does Mrs. Grund work as a sales clerk?
(a) At a bakery.
(b) At a pharmacy.
(c) At a shoe store.
(d) At a dress store.
15. What is the name of the boarding house where Miss Larsen lives in 1930?
(a) Hemingford Home for Young Ladies.
(b) Mrs. Slattery's Rooming House.
(c) The White Horse Tavern.
(d) Washington Heights Home for Young Women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Mr. Grote tell Vivian he is in Section 3?
2. Where is Vivian taken to live with the Grotes?
3. How many months ago did Vivian's younger sister Maisie die, according to Molly's research in Section 4?
4. What is the age range of the students at Vivian's school when she lives with the Grotes?
5. What does Molly say that her raven charm is supposed to protect the wearer from in Section 3?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)