|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vivian do with her copy of Anne of Green Gables that is found in the attic?
(a) She burns it.
(b) She throws it away.
(c) She gives it to Molly.
(d) She gives it to Terry.
2. What is the full name of the protagonist in Anne of Green Gables?
(a) Anne Shirley.
(b) Anne Keller.
(c) Anne Byrne.
(d) Anne Kelley.
3. When was the Children's Aid Society founded?
4. What is the name of Molly's foster mother?
5. Where does the orphan train that Vivian rides on in 1929 make its first stop to meet potential adopters?
6. Where was Molly caught for attempting to steal a book?
(a) Gwendolyn's Books and Charms.
(b) Barnes and Noble.
(c) The Spruce Harbor Library.
(d) The East Windsor Library.
7. What is Molly's foster mother's profession?
(a) Chief Executive of a jewelry chain.
(c) Ambulance driver.
(d) Police dispatcher.
8. How many years older than Vivian is Dutchy in the novel?
9. What name do the Byrnes give to Vivian when they adopt her?
10. Who does Molly argue with in her English class about the novel Jane Eyre in Section 2?
11. In what year is the contemporary narrative of Orphan Train set?
12. What village in Ireland does Mr. Byrne tell Vivian his family was from?
13. How did Molly's father die?
(a) He was shot by a stranger.
(b) He was executed by the state.
(c) He was killed in a car accident.
(d) He committed suicide by overdose.
14. What is the setting for the novel Anne of Green Gables?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Prince Edward Island.
(d) South Dakota.
15. What does the narrator say in Section 1 is the thing that Molly hates the most about being in the foster care system?
(a) Dependence on people you barely know.
(b) Moving constantly from place to place.
(c) Lack of privacy.
(d) Abusive foster parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Vivian say she was when she lost her true love in the Prologue?
2. Where does Molly live with her foster parents in the novel?
3. What item of jewelry does Mrs. Byrne express a dislike for on Vivian in Section 2?
4. How would you describe Molly's sense of style in the beginning of the novel?
5. According to Molly's American History teacher, what percentage of English settlers came to America as indentured servants in the seventeenth century?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)