|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jack's mother in the novel?
2. Who does Molly argue with in her English class about the novel Jane Eyre in Section 2?
3. Where does the orphan train that Vivian rides on in 1929 make its first stop to meet potential adopters?
4. When was the Children's Aid Society founded?
5. How many years older than Vivian is Dutchy in the novel?
6. How old is Molly when her character is introduced in the narrative?
7. What word from the narrative refers to a child's apron that is worn over a dress?
8. What is Mrs. Byrne's first name?
9. How many years ago does Vivian say her husband died when she first meets Molly?
(a) 12 years ago.
(b) 8 years ago.
(c) 30 years ago.
(d) 20 years ago.
10. What name do the Byrnes give to Vivian when they adopt her?
11. How many rooms comprise Vivian's house?
12. Who gave Vivian the copy of Anne of Green Gables that she finds in the attic?
(a) Mrs. Byrne.
(b) Mrs. Grote.
(c) Mr. Byrne.
(d) Miss Larsen.
13. What grade does Vivian say she was in school when she was orphaned?
(a) Sixth grade.
(b) Second grade.
(c) Fourth grade.
(d) Third grade.
14. Who is the author of Anne of Green Gables?
(a) Lucy Maud Montgomery.
(b) William Wordsworth.
(c) Percy Byshe Shelley.
(d) Walt Whitman.
15. What does Vivian do with her copy of Anne of Green Gables that is found in the attic?
(a) She throws it away.
(b) She burns it.
(c) She gives it to Terry.
(d) She gives it to Molly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Vivian's younger sister?
2. What month is it when Molly goes to Vivian's house for the first time?
3. What was the name that Vivian was born with?
4. What is Molly's foster mother's profession?
5. What is the name of the baby that Vivian is in charge of caring for on the orphan train in 1929?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)