|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 213-278.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first of the seamstresses that Mrs. Byrne lets go from employment after the stock market crash?
2. How many years older than Vivian is Dutchy in the novel?
3. Where is the National Orphan Train Complex located?
(a) Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) St. Paul, Minnesota.
(c) Minneapolis, Minnesota.
(d) Concordia, Kansas.
4. Who is the woman that oversees the children on the orphan train in 1929?
(a) Mrs. Murphy.
(b) Mrs. Scatcherd.
(c) Mrs. Ross.
(d) Mrs. Thompson.
5. By what name is Dutchy called by the adults on the orphan train?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Vivian's great-granddaughter have when she arrives at Vivian's home at the end of the novel?
2. Who did Vivian marry after Dutchy's death?
3. How many hours has Molly completed for her community service sentence with Vivian once she has finished with the attic in Section 5?
4. What does Vivian's teacher say she looks like when she returns to school with her hair short after the incident with lice at the Grotes home?
5. What is Mrs. Grote's first name in the novel?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)