|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 153-212.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say in Section 1 is the thing that Molly hates the most about being in the foster care system?
(a) Lack of privacy.
(b) Dependence on people you barely know.
(c) Moving constantly from place to place.
(d) Abusive foster parents.
2. What is Molly's GPA for the semester when she meets with Lori in Section 3?
3. What does Fanny give to Vivian as a Christmas gift in 1929?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A pony.
(c) A wool coat.
(d) Gloves and mittens.
4. Consider the following sentence from Section 4: "As the years have passed, [Vivian's] losses have piled on one another like layers of shale." What literary device is used in this sentence?
5. Who gave Vivian the copy of Anne of Green Gables that she finds in the attic?
(a) Miss Larsen.
(b) Mr. Byrne.
(c) Mrs. Grote.
(d) Mrs. Byrne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molly say that her raven charm is supposed to protect the wearer from in Section 3?
2. What month is it when Vivian first goes to meet the Nielsens?
3. How old was Molly when her father died?
4. When did "Black Tuesday" occur?
5. Where is Mr. Byrne's family from in Ireland?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)