|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 153-212.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the turtle that Molly had as a child before she entered foster care?
2. How old does Vivian say she was when her parents died in the Prologue?
3. Where does Mr. Byrne say Fanny went to live with her sister when he sees Vivian in the Nielsens' store?
(b) Park Rapids.
(d) New York.
4. Who is the representative from the Children's Aid Society that comes to take Vivian from the Byrnes?
(a) Mrs. Tate.
(b) Mr. Sorenson.
(c) Mr. Reed.
(d) Mr. Grote.
5. What word from the narrative refers to a child's apron that is worn over a dress?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Vivian say in the Prologue, "Many times in my life I have felt them around me, observing, witnessing, when no one in the living world knew or cared what happened"?
2. How old does Vivian say she was when she lost her true love in the Prologue?
3. Who throws Vivian out of the Grotes' home?
4. What is Mr. Grote's first name?
5. What is the name of the man Vivian's Dad tries to contact once Vivian's family has arrived in New York?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)