|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 153-212.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vivian's teacher give to her for her birthday in 1930?
(a) Rum cake.
(b) Potato cake.
(c) Currant bread.
(d) Banana bread.
2. Where does Mrs. Grund work as a sales clerk?
(a) At a pharmacy.
(b) At a bakery.
(c) At a shoe store.
(d) At a dress store.
3. What word from the narrative refers to a child's apron that is worn over a dress?
4. What is the first question that Molly asks Vivian for her American History assignment?
(a) What is the longest journey you have taken?
(b) Where were you born?
(c) Do you believe in ghosts?
(d) How old are you?
5. What are the full names of Vivian's parents that Molly discovers from the ship logs at the library?
(a) Patrick and Mary Power.
(b) James and Mary O'Brien.
(c) William and Sarah O'Connell.
(d) Raymond and Mary McAnally.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Molly when her character is introduced in the narrative?
2. Who is the author of Anne of Green Gables?
3. What last name do Dina and Ralph have in the novel?
4. At what time does the Nielsen's store close each day when Vivian begins working there?
5. What word does Molly's American History teacher describe as "moments in [people's] lives when they've had to take a journey, literal or metaphorical"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)