|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 51-104.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Molly say turtles represent to the people of her culture?
(a) Victory and spoils.
(b) Slowness and time.
(c) Strength and perseverance.
(d) Isolation and fear.
2. Before fostering Molly, her foster parents fostered a boy that attempted committing what crime?
(a) Stealing the family car.
(c) Setting the elementary school on fire.
(d) Armed robbery.
3. How did Molly's father die?
(a) He committed suicide by overdose.
(b) He was executed by the state.
(c) He was killed in a car accident.
(d) He was shot by a stranger.
4. When was the Children's Aid Society founded?
5. Where is Vivian when she is adopted by the Byrnes?
(a) Albans, Minnesota.
(b) Topeka, Kansas.
(c) Minneapolis, Minnesota.
(d) Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of Anne of Green Gables?
2. What is the one item of jewelry that Vivian has retained from her early childhood on the orphan train in 1929?
3. What item of jewelry does Mrs. Byrne express a dislike for on Vivian in Section 2?
4. What does Vivian do with her copy of Anne of Green Gables that is found in the attic?
5. What is the name of Molly's foster father?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)