|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 153-212.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Grund work as a sales clerk?
(a) At a dress store.
(b) At a pharmacy.
(c) At a bakery.
(d) At a shoe store.
2. Who is the first of the seamstresses that Mrs. Byrne lets go from employment after the stock market crash?
3. Consider the following sentence from Section 4: "As the years have passed, [Vivian's] losses have piled on one another like layers of shale." What literary device is used in this sentence?
4. How old is Vivian when Mrs. Nielsen finds a pack of cigarettes in her purse?
5. Where is Vivian taken to live with the Grotes?
(a) Rochester County, New York.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Larsen County, Minnesota.
(d) Hemingford County, Minnesota.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vivian do with her copy of Anne of Green Gables that is found in the attic?
2. What village in Ireland does Mr. Byrne tell Vivian his family was from?
3. Who is the representative from the Children's Aid Society that comes to take Vivian from the Byrnes?
4. In what year did the Schatzmans immigrate to the U.S. from Germany?
5. What is the age range of the students at Vivian's school when she lives with the Grotes?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)