Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy call Daniel?
2. What argument finally convinced Oroonoko to drop his sword at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
3. What does the governor tell Oroonoko that he did not come to do near the beginning of Act IV, Scene II?
4. Who speaks the line "he did deserve his Death" and about whom in Act IV, Scene II?
5. Why have Oroonoko and the slaves gathered in Act III, Scene IV?
Essay Topic 1
Plays have been written as far back as ancient Greek times and Aristotle, as an ancient Greek philosopher left the world with his rulings on the six dramatic elements. Discuss Aristotle's six dramatic elements then choose one to analyze in regards to the play: 1) Plot/Action 2) Character 3) Ideas/Themes 4) Language 5) Music 6) Spectacle. Research as necessary using at least one book source (not including the play or novella) and use specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Although Thomas Southerne wrote the play, Oroonoko, A Tragedy, the true creator of Oroonoko is the author, Aphra Behn. What was Behn's life like? What were her views? Why did she become a writer? What did she write? What were her inspirations for writing Oroonoko? Research as necessary using at least one book source (not including the play or novella).
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Thomas Southerne as the writer of the play. Who was he and why did he decide to turn Behn's novella into a play? What were his motivations and goals in writing the play? What else did he write? Research as necessary using at least one book source (not including the play or novella).
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)