Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy call Daniel?
2. What argument finally convinced Oroonoko to drop his sword at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
3. What does the governor tell Oroonoko that he did not come to do near the beginning of Act IV, Scene II?
4. Who speaks the line "he did deserve his Death" and about whom in Act IV, Scene II?
5. Why have Oroonoko and the slaves gathered in Act III, Scene IV?
Essay Topic 1
Slavery is a main aspect in both the play and the novella. What issues of slavery are brought up in each version? What statement is being made by each author? How do you know? Research as necessary using at least one book source (not including the play or novella).
Essay Topic 2
Freedom is an important theme in the play. Discuss what freedom and liberty means and how it is expressed in the play. What is being said about freedom? How do the characters view freedom? Do they want to be free, especially the slaves? If so, how do they go about achieving freedom?
Essay Topic 3
There are six elements to the plot of a play. Discuss what these six elements are and how Oroonoko follows these elements. Research as necessary using at least one book source (not including the play or novella) and use specific examples from the play.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)