Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy call Daniel?
2. What argument finally convinced Oroonoko to drop his sword at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
3. What does the governor tell Oroonoko that he did not come to do near the beginning of Act IV, Scene II?
4. Who speaks the line "he did deserve his Death" and about whom in Act IV, Scene II?
5. Why have Oroonoko and the slaves gathered in Act III, Scene IV?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the play with the novella. Discuss the history behind each piece, the themes, how each one was received by the public and its popularity and how each was interpreted. Research as necessary using at least one book source (not including the play or novella).
Essay Topic 2
Trickery and betrayal are two intermingling themes that are seen in the play. Discuss what each means and how it is expressed in the novel. Who is tricked and by whom? Who is betrayed and by whom? What do we learn about the characters and the relationships between them based on the trickery and betrayal? Research as necessary using at least one book source (not including the play or novella) and use specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
One main theme of Oroonoko, the play, is the feeling of compassion. Discuss how compassion is expressed in the play and by which characters. What is being said about compassion? What are the characters feeling compassionate about? How is it considered a theme? Research as necessary using at least one book source (not including the play or novella) and use specific examples from the play.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)