|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Oroonoko drops his sword, what happens?
(a) The governor and his men seize him.
(b) Blanford abducts him.
(c) The governor frees him.
(d) The govenor kisses Imoinda.
2. Who has a soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I?
(d) Mrs. Lackitt.
3. What does the line "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" refer to in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Aboan's plan.
(b) Oroonoko's plan.
(c) Hottman's plan.
(d) Blanford's plan.
4. Which of the following is not something Welldon and Jack discuss in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) How Jack beds Mrs. Lackitt even though Welldon is married to her.
(b) How Jack and Welldon will both get money out of Mrs. Lackitt.
(c) How Jack may later marry Mrs. Lackitt.
(d) How Welldon will remain married to Mrs. Lackitt.
5. What does Widow Lackitt threaten to do to Lucy in Act III, Scene III?
(a) Have her married to the Captain.
(b) Cut off the money promised to her.
(c) Annul her marriage to Daniel.
(d) Have her shipped back to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose has Blanford brought Aboan to Oroonoko?
2. What does Welldon request of Stanmore near the end of Act IV, Scene I?
3. What does one slave ask Oroonoko in the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
4. Who says "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" in Act IV, Scene II?
5. Why is Daniel irritated when he enters in Act IV, Scene I?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
2. How does Jack feel about his role in the situation between himself and Mrs.Lackitt in Act IV?
3. Describe the character Aboan in Act III.
4. What is the lesson behind the captain's death and did we know it was coming?
5. What nickname does Welldon suggest Mrs.Lackitt call him and how is this ironic?
6. What does Welldon give Stanmore at the end of Act IV, Scene I, what do they talk about and what is Stanmore's reaction?
7. What does Aboan say that Oroonoko does not understand in Act III Scene II?
8. Why does Oroonoko not initially want to join the slave revolt in Act III Scene II?
9. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage in Act III, Scene III and what is her response?
10. What is the situation between Daniel and Lucy in Act IV, Scene I?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)