|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the phrase "green Sickness" refer to in Act IV, Scene I?
2. Why does Oroonoko stop Aboan from harming Hottman near the end of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) He needs Hottman.
(b) It could ruin the plan.
(c) It would be too mean.
(d) He does not want Aboan to become a murderer.
3. What does Aboan mean by the line: "...I see Love has your Heart, and takes up all your thoughts" in Act III, Scene II?
(a) That Imoinda has never thought more clearly because of love.
(b) That Oroonoko has never thought more clearly because of love.
(c) That Imoinda is not thinking clearly and is blinded by love.
(d) That Oroonoko's not thinking clearly and is blinded by love.
4. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I when they are alone?
(a) Money and jewels.
(b) A hug.
(d) A kiss.
5. What does Widow Lackitt want Welldon to do as she exits Act III, Scene III?
(a) Follow her to her bedroom for a chat.
(b) Follow her to his bedroom and lie with her.
(c) Follow her to her bedroom and lie with her.
(d) Follow her to the library for a chat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aboan suggest they do to Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
2. What is the feeling in Act III, Scene II?
3. To whom is Welldon speaking at the beginning of Act IV?
4. What does Widow Lackitt threaten to do to Lucy in Act III, Scene III?
5. Who are the two people who have betrayed Oroonoko in Act IV, Scene II?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oroonoko say that Imoinda has made him a coward?
2. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage in Act III, Scene III and what is her response?
3. In Act IV, what is the situation between Welldon, Jack and Mrs. Lackitt?
4. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
5. What does Aboan say that Oroonoko does not understand in Act III Scene II?
6. What nickname does Welldon suggest Mrs.Lackitt call him and how is this ironic?
7. Describe the character Aboan in Act III.
8. What is the lesson behind the captain's death and did we know it was coming?
9. What is the tone of the beginning of Act IV, Scene II and how do you know?
10. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I and why? What does Welldon plan to do with this?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)