|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act III, Scene III, what does the widow insist of Welldon?
(a) That Welldon sign their business contract.
(b) That Welldon find Jack so she may marry him.
(c) That Daniel and Lucy marry immediately.
(d) That they marry immediately.
2. After Blanford leaves in Act III, Scene II, what does Aboan caution Oroonoko?
(a) To trust everyone.
(b) To trust only Blanford.
(c) To trust no one but himself.
(d) To trust only Aboan.
3. What does Aboan suggest they do to Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Keep an eye on him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Embrace him.
4. To whom does Welldon give his jewels and money for safekeeping?
(c) Widow Lackitt.
5. What does the governor tell Oroonoko that he did not come to do near the beginning of Act IV, Scene II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oroonoko's plan for the slaves at the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
2. Why does Blanford bring Aboan to Oroonoko?
3. For what purpose has Blanford brought Aboan to Oroonoko?
4. What information does Lucy reveal to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I about her fortune?
5. Once Oroonoko drops his sword, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Welldon give Stanmore at the end of Act IV, Scene I, what do they talk about and what is Stanmore's reaction?
2. What nickname does Welldon suggest Mrs.Lackitt call him and how is this ironic?
3. Describe the character Aboan in Act III.
4. Why does Oroonoko not initially want to join the slave revolt in Act III Scene II?
5. What is Oroonoko's plan in Act III, Scene IV?
6. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
7. What is the lesson behind the captain's death and did we know it was coming?
8. In Act III, Scene III, what does Welldon suggest he do so that he and Widow Lackitt may get married?
9. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage in Act III, Scene III and what is her response?
10. What does Aboan say that Oroonoko does not understand in Act III Scene II?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)