|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oroonoko suggest in regards to Hottman at the end of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Kick him out of the plan.
(b) Stab him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Keep an eye on him.
2. What does Widow Lackitt threaten to do to Lucy in Act III, Scene III?
(a) Annul her marriage to Daniel.
(b) Cut off the money promised to her.
(c) Have her married to the Captain.
(d) Have her shipped back to London.
3. Who speaks the line "he did deserve his Death" and about whom in Act IV, Scene II?
(a) Governor about Captain.
(b) Captain about Governor.
(c) Aboan about Captain.
(d) Governor about Oroonoko.
4. What does Lucy call Daniel?
5. Why have Oroonoko and the slaves gathered in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) To pledge their loyalty to Oroonoko.
(b) To discuss their plans for freedom.
(c) To have a celebration.
(d) To plan the murder of the governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oroonoko stop Aboan from harming Hottman near the end of Act III, Scene IV?
2. What is Blanford's reaction to the governor's actions at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
3. What is the feeling in Act III, Scene II?
4. What is Blanford trying to convince Oroonoko to do near the end of Act IV, Scene II?
5. What is Oroonoko's plan for the slaves at the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act III, Scene III, what does Welldon suggest he do so that he and Widow Lackitt may get married?
2. What nickname does Welldon suggest Mrs.Lackitt call him and how is this ironic?
3. How does Jack feel about his role in the situation between himself and Mrs.Lackitt in Act IV?
4. How might Act III be considered the climax of the play?
5. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I and why? What does Welldon plan to do with this?
6. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
7. Why does Oroonoko not initially want to join the slave revolt in Act III Scene II?
8. What does Welldon give Stanmore at the end of Act IV, Scene I, what do they talk about and what is Stanmore's reaction?
9. What is the lesson behind the captain's death and did we know it was coming?
10. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage in Act III, Scene III and what is her response?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)