|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oroonoko says "I must Capitulate?" in Act IV, Scene II. What does "capitulate" mean?
2. To whom is Welldon speaking at the beginning of Act IV?
3. Why is Daniel irritated when he enters in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Because Lucy follows him everywhere.
(b) Because his mother won't leave him alone.
(c) Because his mother won't visit him.
(d) Because Lucy refuses to sleep with him.
4. At the beginning of Act III, Scene III, what does the widow insist of Welldon?
(a) That Welldon sign their business contract.
(b) That Daniel and Lucy marry immediately.
(c) That they marry immediately.
(d) That Welldon find Jack so she may marry him.
5. What does Oroonoko suggest in regards to Hottman at the end of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Kick him out of the plan.
(b) Stab him.
(c) Keep an eye on him.
(d) Ignore him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt want Welldon to do as she exits Act III, Scene III?
2. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage yet again in Act III, Scene III?
3. What does Oroonoko stop Aboan from doing in Act III, Scene IV?
4. What does Daniel say Lucy can call him?
5. Who enters near the end of Act III, Scene III?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Oroonoko's plan in Act III, Scene IV?
2. From what is Welldon rescued at the end of Act III, Scene III and how?
3. How might Act III be considered the climax of the play?
4. What does Aboan caution Oroonoko in Scene II, Act III and what does he fear has happened to Oroonoko?
5. What is the lesson behind the captain's death and did we know it was coming?
6. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I and why? What does Welldon plan to do with this?
7. Describe the character Hottman in Act III.
8. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
9. How does Jack feel about his role in the situation between himself and Mrs.Lackitt in Act IV?
10. In Act III, Scene III, what does Welldon suggest he do so that he and Widow Lackitt may get married?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)