|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the phrase "green Sickness" refer to in Act IV, Scene I?
2. Why does Blanford bring Aboan to Oroonoko?
(a) To teach Aboan a lesson.
(b) To show Oroonoko the way of slavery.
(c) To gain Aboan's trust.
(d) To gain Oroonoko's trust.
3. At the beginning of Act III, Scene III, what does the widow insist of Welldon?
(a) That Welldon sign their business contract.
(b) That Welldon find Jack so she may marry him.
(c) That they marry immediately.
(d) That Daniel and Lucy marry immediately.
4. What does one slave ask Oroonoko in the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) What is the plan?
(b) What is it like being a prince?
(c) What will happen if they die?
(d) What will happen to the women and children?
5. How is Welldon rescued from having to sleep with the widow?
(a) Stanmore says he will take care of her.
(b) Stanmore says the Captain will be over to handle her.
(c) Stanmore says the governor is willing to marry her.
(d) Stanmore says Jack will be over to handle her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt threaten to do to Lucy in Act III, Scene III?
2. What does Welldon advise Jack against doing in regards to Mrs. Lackitt in Act IV, Scene I?
3. What does Oroonoko suspect Hottman may do in Act III, Scene IV?
4. What does the line "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" refer to in Act III, Scene IV?
5. Who says "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" in Act III, Scene IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act III, Scene III, what does Welldon suggest he do so that he and Widow Lackitt may get married?
2. What does Aboan say that Oroonoko does not understand in Act III Scene II?
3. Why does Oroonoko not initially want to join the slave revolt in Act III Scene II?
4. What does Aboan caution Oroonoko in Scene II, Act III and what does he fear has happened to Oroonoko?
5. What is the tone of the beginning of Act IV, Scene II and how do you know?
6. What is the lesson behind the captain's death and did we know it was coming?
7. What does Welldon give Stanmore at the end of Act IV, Scene I, what do they talk about and what is Stanmore's reaction?
8. Describe the character Aboan in Act III.
9. Why does Oroonoko say that Imoinda has made him a coward?
10. What nickname does Welldon suggest Mrs.Lackitt call him and how is this ironic?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)