|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Blanford trying to convince Oroonoko to do near the end of Act IV, Scene II?
2. For what cause does Oroonoko declare he will join Aboan's plans to revolt?
(a) Loyalty and Friendship.
(b) Love and Loyalty.
(c) Friendship and Liberty.
(d) Love and Liberty.
3. Which slave says that he belonged to Oroonoko?
(a) Slave One.
4. Why is Daniel irritated when he enters in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Because his mother won't visit him.
(b) Because his mother won't leave him alone.
(c) Because Lucy refuses to sleep with him.
(d) Because Lucy follows him everywhere.
5. Who says "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" in Act III, Scene IV?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oroonoko say Imoinda has made him a coward?
2. Why does Widow Lackitt give Welldon a gift?
3. Which word best describes Oroonoko's plan for the slaves in Act III, Scene IV?
4. Who says "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" in Act IV, Scene II?
5. Act III, Scene I is with which characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Oroonoko's plan in Act III, Scene IV?
2. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
3. Describe the character Hottman in Act III.
4. What are three examples of foreshadowing in Act III?
5. What does Welldon give Stanmore at the end of Act IV, Scene I, what do they talk about and what is Stanmore's reaction?
6. What is the situation between Daniel and Lucy in Act IV, Scene I?
7. What is the lesson behind the captain's death and did we know it was coming?
8. What nickname does Welldon suggest Mrs.Lackitt call him and how is this ironic?
9. Why does Oroonoko not initially want to join the slave revolt in Act III Scene II?
10. Why does Oroonoko say that Imoinda has made him a coward?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)