|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the line "You are a Slave your self, and to command, Is now anothers right" being spoken to in Act III, Scene II?
2. Why does Oroonoko stop Aboan from harming Hottman near the end of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) It would be too mean.
(b) It could ruin the plan.
(c) He needs Hottman.
(d) He does not want Aboan to become a murderer.
3. Why do the slaves fall on the ground asking for the governor's forgiveness?
(a) Because the governor has threatened to kill them otherwise.
(b) Because Oroonoko told them to.
(c) Because they love the governor as their master.
(d) Because the governor has offered them a pardon for their behavior.
4. What does the line "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" refer to in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Blanford's plan.
(b) Hottman's plan.
(c) Oroonoko's plan.
(d) Aboan's plan.
5. What information does Lucy reveal to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I about her fortune?
(a) That she obtained all of it.
(b) That she has none of it.
(c) That Daniel has half and she has half.
(d) That she only has a portion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Daniel irritated when he enters in Act IV, Scene I?
2. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene II, what weapon does Imoinda carry?
3. What argument finally convinced Oroonoko to drop his sword at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
4. What does Oroonoko suggest in regards to Hottman at the end of Act III, Scene IV?
5. Who agrees with Oroonoko about Hottman Act III, Scene IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Oroonoko's plan in Act III, Scene IV?
2. What nickname does Welldon suggest Mrs.Lackitt call him and how is this ironic?
3. What does Welldon give Stanmore at the end of Act IV, Scene I, what do they talk about and what is Stanmore's reaction?
4. What does Aboan say that Oroonoko does not understand in Act III Scene II?
5. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage in Act III, Scene III and what is her response?
6. Why does Oroonoko say that Imoinda has made him a coward?
7. From what is Welldon rescued at the end of Act III, Scene III and how?
8. In Act III, Scene III, what does Welldon suggest he do so that he and Widow Lackitt may get married?
9. What are three examples of foreshadowing in Act III?
10. What is the lesson behind the captain's death and did we know it was coming?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)