|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Lucy reveal to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I about her fortune?
(a) That she obtained all of it.
(b) That she has none of it.
(c) That she only has a portion.
(d) That Daniel has half and she has half.
2. What does Lucy tell Welldon that she has heard about the slaves?
(a) That there is a disturbance.
(b) That they are escaping.
(c) That they are having a celebration.
(d) That there is a prince amongst them.
3. Why does Oroonoko say Imoinda has made him a coward?
(a) He is afraid to die and be without her and afraid to live and lose her.
(b) She has turned him weak-willed.
(c) He does not stand up to her.
(d) She is making him yield because of her weakness.
4. Whom does Oroonoko kill near the beginning of Act IV Scene II?
5. What does Daniel say Lucy can call him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aboan suggest they do to Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
2. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene II, what weapon does Imoinda carry?
3. Once Oroonoko drops his sword, what happens?
4. Why does Blanford bring Aboan to Oroonoko?
5. Who speaks the line "he did deserve his Death" and about whom in Act IV, Scene II?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act III, Scene III, what does Welldon suggest he do so that he and Widow Lackitt may get married?
2. What nickname does Welldon suggest Mrs.Lackitt call him and how is this ironic?
3. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
4. Why does Oroonoko not initially want to join the slave revolt in Act III Scene II?
5. Describe the character Aboan in Act III.
6. What is Aboan's most convincing argument which finally gets Oroonoko to join his plans of revolt?
7. What does Aboan caution Oroonoko in Scene II, Act III and what does he fear has happened to Oroonoko?
8. What happens at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
9. In Act IV, what is the situation between Welldon, Jack and Mrs. Lackitt?
10. How does Jack feel about his role in the situation between himself and Mrs.Lackitt in Act IV?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)