|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Blanford leaves in Act III, Scene II, what does Aboan caution Oroonoko?
(a) To trust no one but himself.
(b) To trust everyone.
(c) To trust only Blanford.
(d) To trust only Aboan.
2. What does Lucy call Daniel?
3. What does Welldon request of Stanmore near the end of Act IV, Scene I?
(a) To care for Mrs. Lackitt if something happens to him.
(b) To care for his cousin if something happens to him.
(c) To care for Oroonoko if something happens to him.
(d) To care for Lucy if something happens to him.
4. What does Aboan mean by the line: "...I see Love has your Heart, and takes up all your thoughts" in Act III, Scene II?
(a) That Oroonoko has never thought more clearly because of love.
(b) That Imoinda is not thinking clearly and is blinded by love.
(c) That Imoinda has never thought more clearly because of love.
(d) That Oroonoko's not thinking clearly and is blinded by love.
5. What does Oroonoko suspect Hottman may do in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Support them.
(b) Steal Imoinda.
(c) Betray them.
(d) Kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act III, Scene III, what does the widow insist of Welldon?
2. Who has a soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I?
3. What is Blanford trying to convince Oroonoko to do near the end of Act IV, Scene II?
4. What is Oroonoko's plan for the slaves at the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
5. Who agrees with Oroonoko about Hottman Act III, Scene IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what is Welldon rescued at the end of Act III, Scene III and how?
2. Describe the character Hottman in Act III.
3. What is the lesson behind the captain's death and did we know it was coming?
4. What is Oroonoko's plan in Act III, Scene IV?
5. In Act IV, what is the situation between Welldon, Jack and Mrs. Lackitt?
6. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
7. How might Act III be considered the climax of the play?
8. What happens at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
9. What is the tone of the beginning of Act IV, Scene II and how do you know?
10. What does Aboan say that Oroonoko does not understand in Act III Scene II?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)