|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oroonoko says "I must Capitulate?" in Act IV, Scene II. What does "capitulate" mean?
2. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage yet again in Act III, Scene III?
(a) By stating he is moving back to London.
(b) By stating he is already married.
(c) By stating he has another sister who must first be married.
(d) By stating that he is in love with another woman.
3. What does Welldon request of Stanmore near the end of Act IV, Scene I?
(a) To care for Oroonoko if something happens to him.
(b) To care for Mrs. Lackitt if something happens to him.
(c) To care for his cousin if something happens to him.
(d) To care for Lucy if something happens to him.
4. Who says "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" in Act III, Scene IV?
5. Who are the two people who have betrayed Oroonoko in Act IV, Scene II?
(a) Aboan and Hottman.
(b) Governor and Blanford.
(c) Captain and Governor.
(d) Hottman and Governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees with Oroonoko about Hottman Act III, Scene IV?
2. Which word best describes Oroonoko's plan for the slaves in Act III, Scene IV?
3. What does Oroonoko stop Aboan from doing in Act III, Scene IV?
4. Who appears as the mediator?
5. Why does Widow Lackitt give Welldon a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
2. What does Aboan say that Oroonoko does not understand in Act III Scene II?
3. What is Aboan's most convincing argument which finally gets Oroonoko to join his plans of revolt?
4. Describe the character Hottman in Act III.
5. In Act III, Scene III, what does Welldon suggest he do so that he and Widow Lackitt may get married?
6. What does Oroonoko understand about the slaves who take the governor's pardon and beg forgiveness in Act IV, Scene II?
7. What are three examples of foreshadowing in Act III?
8. How might Act III be considered the climax of the play?
9. From what is Welldon rescued at the end of Act III, Scene III and how?
10. What nickname does Welldon suggest Mrs.Lackitt call him and how is this ironic?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)