|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears as the mediator?
2. Why do the slaves fall on the ground asking for the governor's forgiveness?
(a) Because the governor has offered them a pardon for their behavior.
(b) Because the governor has threatened to kill them otherwise.
(c) Because Oroonoko told them to.
(d) Because they love the governor as their master.
3. What does the line "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" refer to in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Aboan's plan.
(b) Blanford's plan.
(c) Oroonoko's plan.
(d) Hottman's plan.
4. Who are the two people who have betrayed Oroonoko in Act IV, Scene II?
(a) Hottman and Governor.
(b) Governor and Blanford.
(c) Aboan and Hottman.
(d) Captain and Governor.
5. To whom does Welldon give his jewels and money for safekeeping?
(d) Widow Lackitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one slave ask Oroonoko in the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
2. Which of the following is not something Welldon and Jack discuss in Act IV, Scene I?
3. What information does Lucy reveal to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I about her fortune?
4. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene II, what weapon does Imoinda carry?
5. Why is Daniel irritated when he enters in Act IV, Scene I?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I and why? What does Welldon plan to do with this?
2. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage in Act III, Scene III and what is her response?
3. What does Oroonoko understand about the slaves who take the governor's pardon and beg forgiveness in Act IV, Scene II?
4. Describe the character Hottman in Act III.
5. What is Aboan's most convincing argument which finally gets Oroonoko to join his plans of revolt?
6. What are three examples of foreshadowing in Act III?
7. What does Aboan caution Oroonoko in Scene II, Act III and what does he fear has happened to Oroonoko?
8. What happens at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
9. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
10. Describe the character Aboan in Act III.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)