|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I when they are alone?
(a) A hug.
(b) Money and jewels.
(d) A kiss.
2. What information does Lucy reveal to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I about her fortune?
(a) That she only has a portion.
(b) That Daniel has half and she has half.
(c) That she has none of it.
(d) That she obtained all of it.
3. What does Aboan suggest they do to Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Keep an eye on him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Embrace him.
4. What does one slave ask Oroonoko in the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) What is it like being a prince?
(b) What will happen if they die?
(c) What will happen to the women and children?
(d) What is the plan?
5. What is the widow's reaction to Welldon's statement in putting her off from marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Blanford leaves in Act III, Scene II, what does Aboan caution Oroonoko?
2. What does Widow Lackitt want Welldon to do as she exits Act III, Scene III?
3. Which of the following is not something Welldon and Jack discuss in Act IV, Scene I?
4. What sort of tone does the conversation between Welldon and Jack have in Act IV, Scene I?
5. Who appears as the mediator?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage in Act III, Scene III and what is her response?
2. What happens at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
3. What does Aboan caution Oroonoko in Scene II, Act III and what does he fear has happened to Oroonoko?
4. What is the tone of the beginning of Act IV, Scene II and how do you know?
5. What does Aboan say that Oroonoko does not understand in Act III Scene II?
6. Describe the character Aboan in Act III.
7. Why does Oroonoko say that Imoinda has made him a coward?
8. What nickname does Welldon suggest Mrs.Lackitt call him and how is this ironic?
9. What does Oroonoko understand about the slaves who take the governor's pardon and beg forgiveness in Act IV, Scene II?
10. What is Oroonoko's plan in Act III, Scene IV?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)