|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aboan suggest they do to Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Embrace him.
(d) Keep an eye on him.
2. What does Daniel say Lucy can call him?
3. What does Welldon request of Stanmore near the end of Act IV, Scene I?
(a) To care for Mrs. Lackitt if something happens to him.
(b) To care for Oroonoko if something happens to him.
(c) To care for Lucy if something happens to him.
(d) To care for his cousin if something happens to him.
4. Which of the following people do not know of the trick Welldon is playing on the widow?
5. Which of the following is not something Welldon and Jack discuss in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) How Jack beds Mrs. Lackitt even though Welldon is married to her.
(b) How Welldon will remain married to Mrs. Lackitt.
(c) How Jack may later marry Mrs. Lackitt.
(d) How Jack and Welldon will both get money out of Mrs. Lackitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Welldon give his jewels and money for safekeeping?
2. Who is now married to Widow Lackitt in Act IV?
3. Who enters near the end of Act III, Scene III?
4. What does Widow Lackitt want Welldon to do as she exits Act III, Scene III?
5. What is the feeling in Act III, Scene II?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oroonoko not initially want to join the slave revolt in Act III Scene II?
2. What is the lesson behind the captain's death and did we know it was coming?
3. Describe the character Aboan in Act III.
4. What happens at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
5. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
6. How might Act III be considered the climax of the play?
7. What does Oroonoko understand about the slaves who take the governor's pardon and beg forgiveness in Act IV, Scene II?
8. What is the situation between Daniel and Lucy in Act IV, Scene I?
9. In Act IV, what is the situation between Welldon, Jack and Mrs. Lackitt?
10. What are three examples of foreshadowing in Act III?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)