|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I when they are alone?
(a) A kiss.
(b) Money and jewels.
(d) A hug.
2. Who speaks the line "he did deserve his Death" and about whom in Act IV, Scene II?
(a) Governor about Captain.
(b) Aboan about Captain.
(c) Governor about Oroonoko.
(d) Captain about Governor.
3. What is the feeling in Act III, Scene II?
4. Why does Oroonoko say Imoinda has made him a coward?
(a) He does not stand up to her.
(b) She is making him yield because of her weakness.
(c) He is afraid to die and be without her and afraid to live and lose her.
(d) She has turned him weak-willed.
5. In Act III, Scene I, why does Aboan not want to trust Hottman just yet?
(a) Hottman is a known liar.
(b) Hottman talks too much.
(c) Hottman betrayed them before.
(d) Hottman speaks against rebelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of tone does the conversation between Welldon and Jack have in Act IV, Scene I?
2. What does Lucy tell Welldon that she has heard about the slaves?
3. For what cause does Oroonoko declare he will join Aboan's plans to revolt?
4. What does Daniel say Lucy can call him?
5. Why have Oroonoko and the slaves gathered in Act III, Scene IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lesson behind the captain's death and did we know it was coming?
2. Why does Oroonoko not initially want to join the slave revolt in Act III Scene II?
3. What does Aboan say that Oroonoko does not understand in Act III Scene II?
4. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage in Act III, Scene III and what is her response?
5. What nickname does Welldon suggest Mrs.Lackitt call him and how is this ironic?
6. In Act IV, what is the situation between Welldon, Jack and Mrs. Lackitt?
7. What is Oroonoko's plan in Act III, Scene IV?
8. In Act III, Scene III, what does Welldon suggest he do so that he and Widow Lackitt may get married?
9. What does Oroonoko understand about the slaves who take the governor's pardon and beg forgiveness in Act IV, Scene II?
10. Why does Oroonoko say that Imoinda has made him a coward?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)