|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Blanford trying to convince Oroonoko to do near the end of Act IV, Scene II?
2. Who appears as the mediator?
3. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene II, what weapon does Imoinda carry?
(c) Bow and arrow.
4. What does Aboan mean by the line: "...I see Love has your Heart, and takes up all your thoughts" in Act III, Scene II?
(a) That Imoinda is not thinking clearly and is blinded by love.
(b) That Imoinda has never thought more clearly because of love.
(c) That Oroonoko's not thinking clearly and is blinded by love.
(d) That Oroonoko has never thought more clearly because of love.
5. For what purpose has Blanford brought Aboan to Oroonoko?
(a) To be his servant.
(b) To be his companion.
(c) To be his slave.
(d) To be his right-hand man.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what cause does Oroonoko declare he will join Aboan's plans to revolt?
2. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage yet again in Act III, Scene III?
3. What does the line "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" refer to in Act IV, Scene II?
4. What does Lucy call Daniel?
5. Why does Oroonoko stop Aboan from harming Hottman near the end of Act III, Scene IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I and why? What does Welldon plan to do with this?
2. From what is Welldon rescued at the end of Act III, Scene III and how?
3. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
4. What does Welldon give Stanmore at the end of Act IV, Scene I, what do they talk about and what is Stanmore's reaction?
5. In Act IV, what is the situation between Welldon, Jack and Mrs. Lackitt?
6. Why does Oroonoko say that Imoinda has made him a coward?
7. In Act III, Scene III, what does Welldon suggest he do so that he and Widow Lackitt may get married?
8. What happens at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
9. How does Jack feel about his role in the situation between himself and Mrs.Lackitt in Act IV?
10. Why does Oroonoko not initially want to join the slave revolt in Act III Scene II?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)