|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act III, Scene III, what does the widow insist of Welldon?
(a) That they marry immediately.
(b) That Welldon find Jack so she may marry him.
(c) That Welldon sign their business contract.
(d) That Daniel and Lucy marry immediately.
2. What does Oroonoko suggest in regards to Hottman at the end of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Stab him.
(b) Kick him out of the plan.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Keep an eye on him.
3. After Blanford leaves in Act III, Scene II, what does Aboan caution Oroonoko?
(a) To trust only Blanford.
(b) To trust everyone.
(c) To trust only Aboan.
(d) To trust no one but himself.
4. What does Daniel say Lucy can call him?
5. Whom does Oroonoko kill near the beginning of Act IV Scene II?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Welldon give his jewels and money for safekeeping?
2. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene II, what weapon does Imoinda carry?
3. Once Oroonoko drops his sword, what happens?
4. What does the line "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" refer to in Act III, Scene IV?
5. What argument finally convinced Oroonoko to drop his sword at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character Hottman in Act III.
2. Why does Oroonoko not initially want to join the slave revolt in Act III Scene II?
3. What does Aboan say that Oroonoko does not understand in Act III Scene II?
4. What does Welldon give Stanmore at the end of Act IV, Scene I, what do they talk about and what is Stanmore's reaction?
5. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I and why? What does Welldon plan to do with this?
6. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage in Act III, Scene III and what is her response?
7. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
8. What is the tone of the beginning of Act IV, Scene II and how do you know?
9. How might Act III be considered the climax of the play?
10. What is the situation between Daniel and Lucy in Act IV, Scene I?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)