|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt hint at the end of Act II, Scene II?
(a) It is time for Lucy and Daniel to marry.
(b) It is her and Jack's turn to marry next.
(c) It is her and Welldon's turn to marry next.
(d) It is time for Lucy and Stanmore to marry.
2. Who says: "My heart drops blood for him" in Act I, Scene II?
3. What does the line "poor Women be thought decaying and unfit/for the Town at One or Two and twenty" in Act I, Scene I mean exactly?
(a) That women are considered old at 21 or 22 years of age.
(b) That women, no matter their age are always thought to be 21 or 22 years of age.
(c) That women who look like they are old are actually 21 or 22 years of age.
(d) That women who are 21 or 22 years of age are never considered old.
4. What does Blanford assure Oroonoko about the Governor at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) That he will be cruel and treacherous.
(b) That he will send him back to Africa.
(c) That he will free him for sure.
(d) That he will be kind and fair.
5. Who is the governor's mistress?
(a) Welldon as a female.
(b) Widow Lackitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel content with, regarding Lucy, near the end of Act II, Scene I?
2. In Act II Scene II, who is the first speaker?
3. What is the widow's second suggestion for a husband for Lucy?
4. With whom is the governor in love with?
5. What does Welldon say to the widow's first suggestion of a husband for Lucy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an allusion and what allusion is made in Act I, Scene II?
2. Oroonoko says: "Give me a Sword and I'll deserve your trust" in Act II, Scene III. How does he support his statement?
3. In Act I, Scene II, what is Widow Lackitt complaining of, to whom, and why?
4. In Act I, Scene I, who is disguised as a man and why?
5. What line tells us of Welldon's feelings towards Mrs. Lackitt and in regards to what in Act I, Scene I?
6. What do we learn about Oroonoko's past in Act II, Scene II?
7. Why did Lucy and Welldon leave London and come to Surinam?
8. Describe the interaction between Lucy and Daniel, and Daniel's attitude towards marrying her.
9. Where are the two sisters living and how is this an advantage for them?
10. Describe the Captain's character in Act I, Scene II.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)