|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel's response when Lucy asks him "Well, how do you like me now?" in Act II, Scene I?
(a) "You have bewitch'd me, I think.."
(b) "Why, pray, may I?"
(c) "...my Mother is always shaming one before company."
(d) "...how do you think I can go to bed to a Woman I don't know?
2. Who is Daniel?
(a) The widow's son.
(b) Welldon's brother.
(c) Lucy's brother.
(d) Stanmore's son.
3. Who offers himself to Mrs. Lackitt in Act I, Scene II?
4. What does the widow force Daniel to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Kiss Lucy.
(b) Hug Welldon.
(c) Hug Lucy.
(d) Kiss Welldon.
5. Why is Lucy's sister dressed as a man?
(a) To find a husband for Lucy.
(b) To make proper claim to property.
(c) To find a husband for herself.
(d) To entice women out of their wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Daniel's behavior in Act II, Scene I be described?
2. Where have Lucy and Welldon moved to?
3. What does Blanford understand about Oroonoko in the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
4. What does the widow tell the captain that she wants?
5. Who says: "...but I won't lose her so" at the end of Act II, Scene III?
Short Essay Questions
1. What line tells us of Welldon's feelings towards Mrs. Lackitt and in regards to what in Act I, Scene I?
2. What does Blanford try to assure Oroonoko of in Act II, Scene II?
3. What do we understand of the relationship between Jack Stanmore and Widow Lackitt in Act I, Scene II?
4. Describe the interaction and relationship between the governor and his mistress at the beginning of Act II, Scene III.
5. Describe the Captain's character in Act I, Scene II.
6. Oroonoko says: "Give me a Sword and I'll deserve your trust" in Act II, Scene III. How does he support his statement?
7. For what purpose has the governor sent Stanmore to summon Blanford and Oroonoko?
8. In Act I, Scene II, what is Widow Lackitt complaining of, to whom, and why?
9. Where are the two sisters living and how is this an advantage for them?
10. Why did Lucy and Welldon leave London and come to Surinam?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)