|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says Oroonoko will be treated nobly?
2. Whom does the widow first suggest that Lucy marry?
(a) Her son.
(c) The captain.
3. To whom is the line "My heart drops blood for him" referring in Act I, Scene II?
4. What does the governor try to do to Imoinda at the beginning of Act II, Scene III?
(a) Hug her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Sleep with her.
5. Whom does this line refer to: "Sir, You're a scurvy Fellow to talk at this rate to me" in Act I, Scene II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Lucy and Welldon moved to?
2. What is Daniel content with, regarding Lucy, near the end of Act II, Scene I?
3. To whom does Welldon mention his sister to in Act I, Scene II in terms of marriage?
4. How long has Mrs. Lackitt been a widow?
5. Who is the Royal Slave whom Stanmore mentions near the end of Act II, Scene II?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the reunion of Oroonoko and Imoinda, what does the governor comment and what does this comment foreshadow?
2. Describe the interaction between Lucy and Daniel, and Daniel's attitude towards marrying her.
3. How is Widow Lackitt's interest in Welldon shown (list 5 examples) and what does it foreshadow?
4. Describe the Captain's character in Act I, Scene II.
5. What line tells us of Welldon's feelings towards Mrs. Lackitt and in regards to what in Act I, Scene I?
6. Why did Lucy and Welldon leave London and come to Surinam?
7. For what purpose has the governor sent Stanmore to summon Blanford and Oroonoko?
8. What do we learn about Oroonoko's past in Act II, Scene II?
9. What does Blanford try to assure Oroonoko of in Act II, Scene II?
10. Describe Daniel's character.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)