|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "Why, a lusty young Fellow may happen to temp you" in Act I, Scene I?
(a) Widow Lackitt.
2. What is Lucy's reaction to marriage with the Captain?
(a) She is hesitant.
(b) She is nonchalant.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She accepts.
3. What is the widow's second suggestion for a husband for Lucy?
(a) The captain.
(d) Her son.
4. Whom do we learn owns several plantations in Act I, Scene I?
(a) Widow Lackitt.
5. Who is the Royal Slave whom Stanmore mentions near the end of Act II, Scene II?
(b) King of Angola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks the line "I am a better Christian, I thank you, than to keep it with a Heathen" in Act I, Scene II?
2. Who got rid of Oroonoko's wife?
3. How long has Mrs. Lackitt been a widow?
4. To whom does Welldon mention his sister to in Act I, Scene II in terms of marriage?
5. To whom is the line "My heart drops blood for him" referring in Act I, Scene II?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what purpose has the governor sent Stanmore to summon Blanford and Oroonoko?
2. Describe the character Aboan in Act III.
3. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage in Act III, Scene III and what is her response?
4. What is Mrs. Lackitt's reaction to Charlotte's true identity?
5. Who speaks the line "hear you, but I can believe no more" in Act I, Scene II. What does it mean?
6. In Act I, Scene I, who is disguised as a man and why?
7. What does Aboan say that Oroonoko does not understand in Act III Scene II?
8. What do we understand of the relationship between Jack Stanmore and Widow Lackitt in Act I, Scene II?
9. How does Jack feel about his role in the situation between himself and Mrs.Lackitt in Act IV?
10. From what is Welldon rescued at the end of Act III, Scene III and how?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)