|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship are Lucy and Welldon pretending to have in the first scene of the play?
2. Who is "The Dog" that Oroonoko refers to at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
3. How does Welldon say he could cheat the widow?
(a) By having Lucy marry her son.
(b) By marrying her daughter.
(c) By striking a business deal with her.
(d) By marrying her for her money.
4. What does the widow force Daniel to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Kiss Lucy.
(b) Hug Lucy.
(c) Hug Welldon.
(d) Kiss Welldon.
5. Who speaks the lines: "Captain, I'm afraid the world won't speak so honourably of this action of yours, as you wou'd have 'em" in Act I, Scene II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt hint at the end of Act II, Scene II?
2. Where is Lucy and Welldon's original home?
3. What is the widow's second suggestion for a husband for Lucy?
4. Where have Lucy and Welldon moved to?
5. Who speaks the line "I am a better Christian, I thank you, than to keep it with a Heathen" in Act I, Scene II?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act I, Scene I, who is disguised as a man and why?
2. How does Jack feel about his role in the situation between himself and Mrs.Lackitt in Act IV?
3. How does Blanford convince Oroonoko to drop his sword?
4. Where are the two sisters living and how is this an advantage for them?
5. What is the reaction to the suggestion to hang Oroonoko in Act V?
6. Describe the Captain's character in Act I, Scene II.
7. In Act I, Scene I, what does Stanmore offer to Welldon and why?
8. How does Blanford defend Clemene? What does this show us about him?
9. What does Aboan caution Oroonoko in Scene II, Act III and what does he fear has happened to Oroonoko?
10. What is Stanmore's reaction to Charlotte's true identity?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)