|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Lieutenant Governor summon Blanford and Oroonoko in Act II, Scene II?
(a) He wants Oroonoko to entertain him.
(b) He wants Oroonoko's opinion of his mistress.
(c) He wants Oroonoko's opinion on politics.
(d) He wants Oroonoko to do some work for him.
2. What does the governor try to do to Imoinda at the beginning of Act II, Scene III?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Hug her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Sleep with her.
3. Why does the governor call on Imoinda in Act II, Scene III?
(a) To sleep with her.
(b) To sing songs for his guests.
(c) To use her.
(d) To dance for his guests.
4. What does the widow tell the captain that she wants?
(a) A male slave.
(b) A husband.
(c) A maid.
(d) A female slave.
5. Who speaks the line "I am a better Christian, I thank you, than to keep it with a Heathen" in Act I, Scene II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt hint at the end of Act II, Scene II?
2. What is Daniel afraid of, regarding Lucy, near the end of Act II, Scene I?
3. Who says: "...but I won't lose her so" at the end of Act II, Scene III?
4. What is Oroonoko's status?
5. Who is Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Take the following line: "Were not you an ill-natur'd thing to boggle at a Promise? I cou'd break twenty for you" in Act II, Scene I. Who is speaking and to whom? What is it in reference to and what do these words tell us about the speaker?
2. Oroonoko says: "Give me a Sword and I'll deserve your trust" in Act II, Scene III. How does he support his statement?
3. How does Blanford defend Clemene? What does this show us about him?
4. In Act I, Scene I, what does Stanmore offer to Welldon and why?
5. After the reunion of Oroonoko and Imoinda, what does the governor comment and what does this comment foreshadow?
6. For what purpose has the governor sent Stanmore to summon Blanford and Oroonoko?
7. Why does Oroonoko tell Blanford he is unhappy?
8. What do we understand of the relationship between Jack Stanmore and Widow Lackitt in Act I, Scene II?
9. What does Blanford try to assure Oroonoko of in Act II, Scene II?
10. Describe Daniel's character.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)