Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel's response when Lucy asks him "Well, how do you like me now?" in Act II, Scene I?
(a) "Why, pray, may I?"
(b) "...how do you think I can go to bed to a Woman I don't know?
(c) "You have bewitch'd me, I think.."
(d) "...my Mother is always shaming one before company."
2. In Act II, Scene III, who comes to attack the plantations near the end of the entertainment?
3. Who got rid of Oroonoko's wife?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
4. Who is Imoinda?
(a) Oroonoko's wife.
(b) Oroonoko's mother.
(c) Oroonoko's step-mother.
(d) Oroonoko's sister.
5. Whom does this line refer to: "Sir, You're a scurvy Fellow to talk at this rate to me" in Act I, Scene II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the governor call on Imoinda in Act II, Scene III?
2. What does Blanford vow to help Oroonoko do at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
3. How does Welldon say he could cheat the widow?
4. What is the true identity of the governor's mistress?
5. What story does Oroonoko relate to Blanford in Act II, Scene II?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Act I, Scene II, what are the Governor and Blanford discussing and what might this foreshadow?
2. What does Blanford try to assure Oroonoko of in Act II, Scene II?
3. What is the reaction to the suggestion to hang Oroonoko in Act V?
4. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I and why? What does Welldon plan to do with this?
5. In Act I, Scene II, what is Widow Lackitt complaining of, to whom, and why?
6. What does the governor rationalize about Imoinda in Act V, Scene IV and is it truly rational?
7. In Act III, Scene III, what does Welldon suggest he do so that he and Widow Lackitt may get married?
8. What do we learn about Oroonoko's past in Act II, Scene II?
9. What happens to Oroonoko in Act V, Scene V?
10. What does Aboan caution Oroonoko in Scene II, Act III and what does he fear has happened to Oroonoko?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)