|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the line "poor Women be thought decaying and unfit/for the Town at One or Two and twenty" in Act I, Scene I mean exactly?
(a) That women who look like they are old are actually 21 or 22 years of age.
(b) That women who are 21 or 22 years of age are never considered old.
(c) That women are considered old at 21 or 22 years of age.
(d) That women, no matter their age are always thought to be 21 or 22 years of age.
2. Where have Lucy and Welldon moved to?
(a) London, England.
(b) Surinam, West Indies.
(c) New Guinea.
3. What new name does Blanford suggest Oroonoko take?
4. Why does the governor call on Imoinda in Act II, Scene III?
(a) To sing songs for his guests.
(b) To sleep with her.
(c) To use her.
(d) To dance for his guests.
5. Who says: "...but I won't lose her so" at the end of Act II, Scene III?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do we learn is interested in marrying the widow near the end of Act I, Scene I?
2. Who is Imoinda?
3. Who leads a successful attack against the invaders at the end of the entertainment in Act II, Scene III?
4. What relationship are Lucy and Welldon pretending to have in the first scene of the play?
5. Who is the third character to make an appearance in Act I, Scene I?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oroonoko say that Imoinda has made him a coward?
2. What does Welldon give Stanmore at the end of Act IV, Scene I, what do they talk about and what is Stanmore's reaction?
3. What is Oroonoko's plan in Act III, Scene IV?
4. How do Blanford and the others find Oroonoko in Act V, Scene III and what do they tell him? Does Oroonoko trust them?
5. At the beginning of Act I, Scene II, what are the Governor and Blanford discussing and what might this foreshadow?
6. How is the dispute between Daniel and Lucy resolved in Act V?
7. How might Act III be considered the climax of the play?
8. What is Stanmore's reaction to Charlotte's true identity?
9. Why does Oroonoko not initially want to join the slave revolt in Act III Scene II?
10. What is the tone of the beginning of Act IV, Scene II and how do you know?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)