|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oroonoko's status?
(a) A prince's servant.
(b) A normal man.
(c) A king.
(d) A prince.
2. Who says: "Why, a lusty young Fellow may happen to temp you" in Act I, Scene I?
(d) Widow Lackitt.
3. What subject does the widow bring up with Welldon at the beginning of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Marriage to him.
(b) Marriage to Jack.
(c) Lucy's marriage to the Captain.
(d) Lucy's marriage to her son.
4. What is Daniel's response when Lucy asks him "Well, how do you like me now?" in Act II, Scene I?
(a) "...how do you think I can go to bed to a Woman I don't know?
(b) "Why, pray, may I?"
(c) "You have bewitch'd me, I think.."
(d) "...my Mother is always shaming one before company."
5. What relationship are Lucy and Welldon pretending to have in the first scene of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads a successful attack against the invaders at the end of the entertainment in Act II, Scene III?
2. What is Daniel content with, regarding Lucy, near the end of Act II, Scene I?
3. What does Widow Lackitt hint at the end of Act II, Scene II?
4. What do Welldon and the widow agree upon in Act II, Scene I?
5. What does the governor try to do to Imoinda at the beginning of Act II, Scene III?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act I, Scene I, what does Stanmore offer to Welldon and why?
2. Take the following line: "Were not you an ill-natur'd thing to boggle at a Promise? I cou'd break twenty for you" in Act II, Scene I. Who is speaking and to whom? What is it in reference to and what do these words tell us about the speaker?
3. What line tells us of Welldon's feelings towards Mrs. Lackitt and in regards to what in Act I, Scene I?
4. How is Widow Lackitt's interest in Welldon shown (list 5 examples) and what does it foreshadow?
5. How does Blanford defend Clemene? What does this show us about him?
6. What do we learn about Oroonoko's past in Act II, Scene II?
7. In Act II, Scene I how does Welldon put Widow Lackitt off marrying him?
8. What is an allusion and what allusion is made in Act I, Scene II?
9. In Act I, Scene I, who is disguised as a man and why?
10. Where are the two sisters living and how is this an advantage for them?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)