|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Welldon say he promised Lucy's dying father in Act II, Scene I to Widow Lackitt?
(a) To not marry until Lucy was married.
(b) To only marry for love.
(c) To never marry anyone but Lucy.
(d) To marry at the same time as Lucy.
2. What does the widow tell the captain that she wants?
(a) A female slave.
(b) A husband.
(c) A maid.
(d) A male slave.
3. Who offers himself to Mrs. Lackitt in Act I, Scene II?
4. To whom does Welldon mention his sister to in Act I, Scene II in terms of marriage?
5. How did the captain capture Oroonoko to be a slave?
(a) By offering to trade the prince's life for his wife's.
(b) By getting him drunk on his ship and putting him in shackles.
(c) By knocking him out and tying him up.
(d) By hitting him over the head and dragging him to the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the governor try to do to Imoinda at the beginning of Act II, Scene III?
2. What subject does the widow bring up with Welldon at the beginning of Act II, Scene I?
3. Where is Lucy and Welldon's original home?
4. What is Oroonoko's status?
5. What does the line "poor Women be thought decaying and unfit/for the Town at One or Two and twenty" in Act I, Scene I mean exactly?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act I, Scene I, what does Stanmore offer to Welldon and why?
2. After the reunion of Oroonoko and Imoinda, what does the governor comment and what does this comment foreshadow?
3. Who speaks the line "hear you, but I can believe no more" in Act I, Scene II. What does it mean?
4. In Act I, Scene II, what is Widow Lackitt complaining of, to whom, and why?
5. Describe the interaction between Lucy and Daniel, and Daniel's attitude towards marrying her.
6. Where are the two sisters living and how is this an advantage for them?
7. What does Blanford try to assure Oroonoko of in Act II, Scene II?
8. How is Widow Lackitt's interest in Welldon shown (list 5 examples) and what does it foreshadow?
9. How does Blanford defend Clemene? What does this show us about him?
10. In Act II, Scene I how does Welldon put Widow Lackitt off marrying him?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)