|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have Oroonoko and the slaves gathered in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) To pledge their loyalty to Oroonoko.
(b) To discuss their plans for freedom.
(c) To have a celebration.
(d) To plan the murder of the governor.
2. What does Welldon request of Stanmore near the end of Act IV, Scene I?
(a) To care for Mrs. Lackitt if something happens to him.
(b) To care for Oroonoko if something happens to him.
(c) To care for Lucy if something happens to him.
(d) To care for his cousin if something happens to him.
3. To whom is Welldon speaking at the beginning of Act IV?
4. Why is Daniel irritated when he enters in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Because his mother won't leave him alone.
(b) Because Lucy follows him everywhere.
(c) Because his mother won't visit him.
(d) Because Lucy refuses to sleep with him.
5. Which slave says that he belonged to Oroonoko?
(d) Slave One.
6. For what cause does Oroonoko declare he will join Aboan's plans to revolt?
(a) Loyalty and Friendship.
(b) Friendship and Liberty.
(c) Love and Liberty.
(d) Love and Loyalty.
7. At the beginning of Act III, Scene III, what does the widow insist of Welldon?
(a) That Welldon find Jack so she may marry him.
(b) That Daniel and Lucy marry immediately.
(c) That Welldon sign their business contract.
(d) That they marry immediately.
8. What is Oroonoko's plan for the slaves at the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) To murder their masters.
(b) To steal a ship and sail away to Africa.
(c) To set fire to the plantation.
(d) To go to the beach and start a new colony.
9. Oroonoko says "I must Capitulate?" in Act IV, Scene II. What does "capitulate" mean?
10. To what does the phrase "green Sickness" refer to in Act IV, Scene I?
11. Who says "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" in Act III, Scene IV?
12. What does the governor tell Oroonoko that he did not come to do near the beginning of Act IV, Scene II?
13. Who says "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" in Act IV, Scene II?
14. Which of the following characters does not ask for pardon?
15. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I when they are alone?
(a) Money and jewels.
(b) A hug.
(c) A kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aboan's idea for gaining freedom from slavery?
2. How does Welldon pacify the widow in Act III, Scene III?
3. How do the slaves view Oroonoko's plan for them in Act III, Scene IV?
4. What does the governor request of Oroonoko in Scene IV, Act II?
5. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene II, what weapon does Imoinda carry?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)