|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not ask for pardon?
2. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene II, what weapon does Imoinda carry?
(a) Bow and arrow.
3. Who agrees with Oroonoko about Hottman Act III, Scene IV?
(c) Hottman himself.
4. Act III, Scene I is with which characters?
(a) Plantation owners.
(b) The Weldon sisters.
(d) Slave traders.
5. What does Daniel say Lucy can call him?
6. How do the slaves view Oroonoko's plan for them in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) They think it is not thought out well.
(b) They are doubtful but will still follow him.
(c) They agree to follow him.
(d) They do not want to follow him.
7. To what does the phrase "green Sickness" refer to in Act IV, Scene I?
8. Why do the slaves fall on the ground asking for the governor's forgiveness?
(a) Because they love the governor as their master.
(b) Because the governor has offered them a pardon for their behavior.
(c) Because the governor has threatened to kill them otherwise.
(d) Because Oroonoko told them to.
9. When Oroonoko says "This Fellow is not right, I'll try him further," what does he mean in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) He will try to convince the slaves of his plan.
(b) He will try to convince Aboan of his plan.
(c) He will try to convince Hottman of his plan.
(d) He will try to kill Hottman.
10. What does Welldon advise Jack against doing in regards to Mrs. Lackitt in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Bedding Mrs. Lackitt at night.
(b) Talking about how he is satisfying Mrs. Lackitt.
(c) Marrying Mrs. Lackitt.
(d) Telling Stanmore of their plans for Mrs. Lackitt.
11. Who enters near the end of Act III, Scene III?
12. What does Widow Lackitt threaten to do to Lucy in Act III, Scene III?
(a) Cut off the money promised to her.
(b) Have her shipped back to London.
(c) Annul her marriage to Daniel.
(d) Have her married to the Captain.
13. What information does Lucy reveal to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I about her fortune?
(a) That she has none of it.
(b) That Daniel has half and she has half.
(c) That she only has a portion.
(d) That she obtained all of it.
14. What is Oroonoko's plan for the slaves at the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) To steal a ship and sail away to Africa.
(b) To set fire to the plantation.
(c) To go to the beach and start a new colony.
(d) To murder their masters.
15. Who says "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" in Act IV, Scene II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Oroonoko kill near the beginning of Act IV Scene II?
2. Why does Widow Lackitt give Welldon a gift?
3. Once Oroonoko drops his sword, what happens?
4. Which of the following people do not know of the trick Welldon is playing on the widow?
5. Which word best describes Oroonoko's plan for the slaves in Act III, Scene IV?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)