|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I when they are alone?
(a) A hug.
(c) Money and jewels.
(d) A kiss.
2. Who appears as the mediator?
3. What does Lucy call Daniel?
4. Which slave says that he belonged to Oroonoko?
(c) Slave One.
5. What does Widow Lackitt threaten to do to Lucy in Act III, Scene III?
(a) Have her shipped back to London.
(b) Have her married to the Captain.
(c) Cut off the money promised to her.
(d) Annul her marriage to Daniel.
6. Whom does Oroonoko kill near the beginning of Act IV Scene II?
7. What argument finally convinced Oroonoko to drop his sword at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
(a) That he is a prince.
(b) That he is a husband.
(c) That he is a father.
(d) That he is about to be a father.
8. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene II, what weapon does Imoinda carry?
(a) Bow and arrow.
9. To whom is Welldon speaking at the beginning of Act IV?
10. What is the feeling in Act III, Scene II?
11. Why does Blanford bring Aboan to Oroonoko?
(a) To gain Aboan's trust.
(b) To show Oroonoko the way of slavery.
(c) To gain Oroonoko's trust.
(d) To teach Aboan a lesson.
12. Who agrees with Oroonoko about Hottman Act III, Scene IV?
(b) Hottman himself.
13. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage yet again in Act III, Scene III?
(a) By stating he has another sister who must first be married.
(b) By stating he is already married.
(c) By stating he is moving back to London.
(d) By stating that he is in love with another woman.
14. What is Blanford's reaction to the governor's actions at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
15. What does Welldon request of Stanmore near the end of Act IV, Scene I?
(a) To care for Mrs. Lackitt if something happens to him.
(b) To care for his cousin if something happens to him.
(c) To care for Lucy if something happens to him.
(d) To care for Oroonoko if something happens to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act III, Scene I is with which characters?
2. Who says the phrase "green Sickness" in Act IV, Scene I?
3. Who says "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" in Act IV, Scene II?
4. Who is now married to Widow Lackitt in Act IV?
5. What does the governor tell Oroonoko that he did not come to do near the beginning of Act IV, Scene II?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)