|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Welldon and Jack discuss in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) How Jack beds Mrs. Lackitt even though Welldon is married to her.
(b) How Jack may later marry Mrs. Lackitt.
(c) How Welldon will remain married to Mrs. Lackitt.
(d) How Jack and Welldon will both get money out of Mrs. Lackitt.
2. What is the feeling in Act III, Scene II?
3. What does one slave ask Oroonoko in the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) What will happen to the women and children?
(b) What will happen if they die?
(c) What is it like being a prince?
(d) What is the plan?
4. To what does the phrase "green Sickness" refer to in Act IV, Scene I?
5. After Blanford leaves in Act III, Scene II, what does Aboan caution Oroonoko?
(a) To trust no one but himself.
(b) To trust only Aboan.
(c) To trust only Blanford.
(d) To trust everyone.
6. What does Aboan suggest they do to Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Embrace him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Keep an eye on him.
7. To whom is Welldon speaking at the beginning of Act IV?
8. Why does Widow Lackitt give Welldon a gift?
(a) To show off her wealth.
(b) To show she is not negligent of him.
(c) To remind him to not be negligent of her.
(d) To show she wants to get rid of him.
9. Who enters near the end of Act III, Scene III?
10. What does Lucy tell Welldon that she has heard about the slaves?
(a) That there is a disturbance.
(b) That they are having a celebration.
(c) That they are escaping.
(d) That there is a prince amongst them.
11. For what purpose has Blanford brought Aboan to Oroonoko?
(a) To be his slave.
(b) To be his servant.
(c) To be his companion.
(d) To be his right-hand man.
12. What is Oroonoko's plan for the slaves at the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) To set fire to the plantation.
(b) To steal a ship and sail away to Africa.
(c) To go to the beach and start a new colony.
(d) To murder their masters.
13. What does Oroonoko disagree with in Act III, Scene II?
14. Who agrees with Oroonoko about Hottman Act III, Scene IV?
(d) Hottman himself.
15. Who says "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" in Act III, Scene IV?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the slaves view Oroonoko's plan for them in Act III, Scene IV?
2. What does the line "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" refer to in Act III, Scene IV?
3. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage yet again in Act III, Scene III?
4. Who says the phrase "green Sickness" in Act IV, Scene I?
5. Who appears as the mediator?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)