|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I when they are alone?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A hug.
(d) Money and jewels.
2. To whom does Welldon give his jewels and money for safekeeping?
(c) Widow Lackitt.
3. Which of the following characters does not ask for pardon?
4. What information does Lucy reveal to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I about her fortune?
(a) That she only has a portion.
(b) That she has none of it.
(c) That she obtained all of it.
(d) That Daniel has half and she has half.
5. What is Aboan's idea for gaining freedom from slavery?
(a) Making their slave masters unconscious then running away.
(c) Escaping in the middle of the night.
(d) Killing the slave masters.
6. What does Welldon plan on using the jewels and money for that Mrs. Lackitt gave him?
(a) Dowry for a husband.
(b) Dowry for Lucy's husband.
(c) A new house.
(d) To go back to London.
7. What does Oroonoko suggest in regards to Hottman at the end of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Kick him out of the plan.
(b) Stab him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Keep an eye on him.
8. What does Oroonoko conclude about Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) He is ready to steal a ship for them.
(b) He is not fit to be a part of their plan.
(c) He is ready to be the lookout in the plan.
(d) He is ready to be a second leader in the plan.
9. Which slave says that he belonged to Oroonoko?
(a) Slave One.
10. Why does Oroonoko say Imoinda has made him a coward?
(a) He does not stand up to her.
(b) She is making him yield because of her weakness.
(c) She has turned him weak-willed.
(d) He is afraid to die and be without her and afraid to live and lose her.
11. What does Widow Lackitt want Welldon to do as she exits Act III, Scene III?
(a) Follow her to his bedroom and lie with her.
(b) Follow her to her bedroom for a chat.
(c) Follow her to the library for a chat.
(d) Follow her to her bedroom and lie with her.
12. What is the widow's reaction to Welldon's statement in putting her off from marriage?
13. What argument finally convinced Oroonoko to drop his sword at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
(a) That he is about to be a father.
(b) That he is a prince.
(c) That he is a father.
(d) That he is a husband.
14. Who are the two people who have betrayed Oroonoko in Act IV, Scene II?
(a) Captain and Governor.
(b) Hottman and Governor.
(c) Governor and Blanford.
(d) Aboan and Hottman.
15. Who says the phrase "green Sickness" in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Mrs. Lackitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one slave ask Oroonoko in the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
2. For what purpose has Blanford brought Aboan to Oroonoko?
3. What does Oroonoko disagree with in Act III, Scene II?
4. Who says "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" in Act III, Scene IV?
5. At the beginning of Act III, Scene III, what does the widow insist of Welldon?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)