|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Blanford leaves in Act III, Scene II, what does Aboan caution Oroonoko?
(a) To trust only Blanford.
(b) To trust no one but himself.
(c) To trust everyone.
(d) To trust only Aboan.
2. What does Oroonoko stop Aboan from doing in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Slitting Hottman's throat.
(b) Kicking Hottman.
(c) Punching Hottman.
(d) Stabbing Hottman.
3. What does the line "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" refer to in Act IV, Scene II?
(a) The governor's betrayal.
(b) Hottman's betrayal.
(c) Aboan's betrayal.
(d) Blanford's betrayal.
4. To what does the phrase "green Sickness" refer to in Act IV, Scene I?
5. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I when they are alone?
(b) A kiss.
(c) Money and jewels.
(d) A hug.
6. Why do the slaves fall on the ground asking for the governor's forgiveness?
(a) Because the governor has threatened to kill them otherwise.
(b) Because Oroonoko told them to.
(c) Because they love the governor as their master.
(d) Because the governor has offered them a pardon for their behavior.
7. Whom does Oroonoko kill near the beginning of Act IV Scene II?
8. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene II, what weapon does Imoinda carry?
(c) Bow and arrow.
9. What does the governor tell Oroonoko that he did not come to do near the beginning of Act IV, Scene II?
10. What does Welldon advise Jack against doing in regards to Mrs. Lackitt in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Marrying Mrs. Lackitt.
(b) Telling Stanmore of their plans for Mrs. Lackitt.
(c) Talking about how he is satisfying Mrs. Lackitt.
(d) Bedding Mrs. Lackitt at night.
11. Which slave says that he belonged to Oroonoko?
(d) Slave One.
12. What does Oroonoko suspect Hottman may do in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Steal Imoinda.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Support them.
(d) Betray them.
13. How do the slaves view Oroonoko's plan for them in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) They are doubtful but will still follow him.
(b) They do not want to follow him.
(c) They agree to follow him.
(d) They think it is not thought out well.
14. What is the feeling in Act III, Scene II?
15. At the beginning of Act III, Scene III, what does the widow insist of Welldon?
(a) That Daniel and Lucy marry immediately.
(b) That Welldon find Jack so she may marry him.
(c) That they marry immediately.
(d) That Welldon sign their business contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is the line "You are a Slave your self, and to command, Is now anothers right" being spoken to in Act III, Scene II?
2. Which word best describes Oroonoko's plan for the slaves in Act III, Scene IV?
3. Who enters near the end of Act III, Scene III?
4. What does one slave ask Oroonoko in the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
5. What does Oroonoko suggest in regards to Hottman at the end of Act III, Scene IV?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)