|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage yet again in Act III, Scene III?
(a) By stating he is already married.
(b) By stating he is moving back to London.
(c) By stating he has another sister who must first be married.
(d) By stating that he is in love with another woman.
2. To whom is Welldon speaking at the beginning of Act IV?
3. What does the governor request of Oroonoko in Scene IV, Act II?
(a) To yield his weapons.
(b) To fight him to the death.
(c) To ask for forgiveness.
(d) To yield Imoinda.
4. Why is Daniel irritated when he enters in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Because Lucy follows him everywhere.
(b) Because his mother won't visit him.
(c) Because Lucy refuses to sleep with him.
(d) Because his mother won't leave him alone.
5. What does the governor tell Oroonoko that he did not come to do near the beginning of Act IV, Scene II?
6. Why does Widow Lackitt give Welldon a gift?
(a) To remind him to not be negligent of her.
(b) To show she is not negligent of him.
(c) To show off her wealth.
(d) To show she wants to get rid of him.
7. What is the feeling in Act III, Scene II?
8. Why does Oroonoko say Imoinda has made him a coward?
(a) He does not stand up to her.
(b) She is making him yield because of her weakness.
(c) She has turned him weak-willed.
(d) He is afraid to die and be without her and afraid to live and lose her.
9. Who enters near the end of Act III, Scene III?
10. What is the widow's reaction to Welldon's statement in putting her off from marriage?
11. What does the line "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" refer to in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Aboan's plan.
(b) Oroonoko's plan.
(c) Hottman's plan.
(d) Blanford's plan.
12. Who speaks the line "he did deserve his Death" and about whom in Act IV, Scene II?
(a) Governor about Captain.
(b) Governor about Oroonoko.
(c) Captain about Governor.
(d) Aboan about Captain.
13. What does Oroonoko stop Aboan from doing in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Stabbing Hottman.
(b) Slitting Hottman's throat.
(c) Kicking Hottman.
(d) Punching Hottman.
14. In Act III, Scene I, why does Aboan not want to trust Hottman just yet?
(a) Hottman speaks against rebelling.
(b) Hottman talks too much.
(c) Hottman is a known liar.
(d) Hottman betrayed them before.
15. Which word best describes Oroonoko's plan for the slaves in Act III, Scene IV?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aboan mean by the line: "...I see Love has your Heart, and takes up all your thoughts" in Act III, Scene II?
2. To whom does Welldon give his jewels and money for safekeeping?
3. Who are the two people who have betrayed Oroonoko in Act IV, Scene II?
4. Which of the following characters does not ask for pardon?
5. How does Welldon pacify the widow in Act III, Scene III?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)