|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aboan mean by the line: "...I see Love has your Heart, and takes up all your thoughts" in Act III, Scene II?
(a) That Oroonoko has never thought more clearly because of love.
(b) That Imoinda is not thinking clearly and is blinded by love.
(c) That Imoinda has never thought more clearly because of love.
(d) That Oroonoko's not thinking clearly and is blinded by love.
2. What does Welldon advise Jack against doing in regards to Mrs. Lackitt in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Marrying Mrs. Lackitt.
(b) Telling Stanmore of their plans for Mrs. Lackitt.
(c) Bedding Mrs. Lackitt at night.
(d) Talking about how he is satisfying Mrs. Lackitt.
3. To whom is the line "You are a Slave your self, and to command, Is now anothers right" being spoken to in Act III, Scene II?
4. How does Welldon pacify the widow in Act III, Scene III?
(a) By disclosing her true idenity as a female to show the widow that they can never marry.
(b) By agreeing to marry her the next day.
(c) By telling her he will personally kill his wife so that they may marry.
(d) By telling her he will have his wife poisoned so that they may marry.
5. Who says the phrase "green Sickness" in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Mrs. Lackitt.
6. What is the feeling in Act III, Scene II?
7. Who says "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" in Act III, Scene IV?
8. How do the slaves view Oroonoko's plan for them in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) They do not want to follow him.
(b) They think it is not thought out well.
(c) They are doubtful but will still follow him.
(d) They agree to follow him.
9. What does the line "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" refer to in Act IV, Scene II?
(a) Aboan's betrayal.
(b) Blanford's betrayal.
(c) The governor's betrayal.
(d) Hottman's betrayal.
10. Who agrees with Oroonoko about Hottman Act III, Scene IV?
(c) Hottman himself.
11. What does Lucy call Daniel?
12. What information does Lucy reveal to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I about her fortune?
(a) That she has none of it.
(b) That Daniel has half and she has half.
(c) That she only has a portion.
(d) That she obtained all of it.
13. At the beginning of Act III, Scene III, what does the widow insist of Welldon?
(a) That Daniel and Lucy marry immediately.
(b) That Welldon find Jack so she may marry him.
(c) That they marry immediately.
(d) That Welldon sign their business contract.
14. In Act III, Scene I, why does Aboan not want to trust Hottman just yet?
(a) Hottman talks too much.
(b) Hottman is a known liar.
(c) Hottman speaks against rebelling.
(d) Hottman betrayed them before.
15. Why is Daniel irritated when he enters in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Because Lucy refuses to sleep with him.
(b) Because his mother won't visit him.
(c) Because Lucy follows him everywhere.
(d) Because his mother won't leave him alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one slave ask Oroonoko in the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
2. What is Blanford trying to convince Oroonoko to do near the end of Act IV, Scene II?
3. Oroonoko says "I must Capitulate?" in Act IV, Scene II. What does "capitulate" mean?
4. Who enters near the end of Act III, Scene III?
5. Once Oroonoko drops his sword, what happens?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)