|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Blanford leaves in Act III, Scene II, what does Aboan caution Oroonoko?
(a) To trust only Aboan.
(b) To trust no one but himself.
(c) To trust everyone.
(d) To trust only Blanford.
2. What does Welldon plan on using the jewels and money for that Mrs. Lackitt gave him?
(a) A new house.
(b) To go back to London.
(c) Dowry for a husband.
(d) Dowry for Lucy's husband.
3. How does Welldon pacify the widow in Act III, Scene III?
(a) By agreeing to marry her the next day.
(b) By disclosing her true idenity as a female to show the widow that they can never marry.
(c) By telling her he will have his wife poisoned so that they may marry.
(d) By telling her he will personally kill his wife so that they may marry.
4. To what does the phrase "green Sickness" refer to in Act IV, Scene I?
5. Why is Daniel irritated when he enters in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Because his mother won't leave him alone.
(b) Because his mother won't visit him.
(c) Because Lucy follows him everywhere.
(d) Because Lucy refuses to sleep with him.
6. What does Welldon request of Stanmore near the end of Act IV, Scene I?
(a) To care for his cousin if something happens to him.
(b) To care for Oroonoko if something happens to him.
(c) To care for Lucy if something happens to him.
(d) To care for Mrs. Lackitt if something happens to him.
7. Who has a soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I?
(c) Mrs. Lackitt.
8. Who appears as the mediator?
9. What does Lucy tell Welldon that she has heard about the slaves?
(a) That there is a prince amongst them.
(b) That there is a disturbance.
(c) That they are escaping.
(d) That they are having a celebration.
10. Who is now married to Widow Lackitt in Act IV?
11. What is Blanford trying to convince Oroonoko to do near the end of Act IV, Scene II?
12. Who says "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" in Act IV, Scene II?
13. Why does Imoinda request that Oroonoko kill her in Act III, Scene II?
(a) She does not want to be a slave any longer.
(b) She does not want to be with Oroonoko any longer.
(c) She does not want to lie with the governor.
(d) She does not want her children born into slavery.
14. What does the governor request of Oroonoko in Scene IV, Act II?
(a) To ask for forgiveness.
(b) To yield Imoinda.
(c) To fight him to the death.
(d) To yield his weapons.
15. What does Aboan suggest they do to Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Keep an eye on him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Embrace him.
(d) Ignore him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument finally convinced Oroonoko to drop his sword at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
2. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I when they are alone?
3. In Act III, Scene I, why does Aboan not want to trust Hottman just yet?
4. Why does Widow Lackitt give Welldon a gift?
5. What does Oroonoko suggest in regards to Hottman at the end of Act III, Scene IV?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)