|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the slaves view Oroonoko's plan for them in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) They think it is not thought out well.
(b) They agree to follow him.
(c) They do not want to follow him.
(d) They are doubtful but will still follow him.
2. To whom is Welldon speaking at the beginning of Act IV?
3. What does Oroonoko suggest in regards to Hottman at the end of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Keep an eye on him.
(b) Kick him out of the plan.
(c) Stab him.
(d) Ignore him.
4. What does Oroonoko conclude about Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) He is not fit to be a part of their plan.
(b) He is ready to be the lookout in the plan.
(c) He is ready to be a second leader in the plan.
(d) He is ready to steal a ship for them.
5. What sort of tone does the conversation between Welldon and Jack have in Act IV, Scene I?
6. What does Widow Lackitt want Welldon to do as she exits Act III, Scene III?
(a) Follow her to her bedroom for a chat.
(b) Follow her to her bedroom and lie with her.
(c) Follow her to the library for a chat.
(d) Follow her to his bedroom and lie with her.
7. What does Widow Lackitt threaten to do to Lucy in Act III, Scene III?
(a) Have her married to the Captain.
(b) Cut off the money promised to her.
(c) Annul her marriage to Daniel.
(d) Have her shipped back to London.
8. What does one slave ask Oroonoko in the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) What is the plan?
(b) What will happen to the women and children?
(c) What will happen if they die?
(d) What is it like being a prince?
9. What does Daniel say Lucy can call him?
10. What does Oroonoko disagree with in Act III, Scene II?
11. Which word best describes Oroonoko's plan for the slaves in Act III, Scene IV?
12. Who enters near the end of Act III, Scene III?
13. What does Oroonoko suspect Hottman may do in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Steal Imoinda.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Support them.
(d) Betray them.
14. To what does the phrase "green Sickness" refer to in Act IV, Scene I?
15. Why does Oroonoko say Imoinda has made him a coward?
(a) She is making him yield because of her weakness.
(b) He is afraid to die and be without her and afraid to live and lose her.
(c) He does not stand up to her.
(d) She has turned him weak-willed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Welldon advise Jack against doing in regards to Mrs. Lackitt in Act IV, Scene I?
2. Which of the following is not something Welldon and Jack discuss in Act IV, Scene I?
3. Oroonoko says "I must Capitulate?" in Act IV, Scene II. What does "capitulate" mean?
4. When Oroonoko says "This Fellow is not right, I'll try him further," what does he mean in Act III, Scene IV?
5. Which slave says that he belonged to Oroonoko?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)