|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Widow Lackitt threaten to do to Lucy in Act III, Scene III?
(a) Annul her marriage to Daniel.
(b) Have her married to the Captain.
(c) Have her shipped back to London.
(d) Cut off the money promised to her.
2. After Blanford leaves in Act III, Scene II, what does Aboan caution Oroonoko?
(a) To trust only Aboan.
(b) To trust no one but himself.
(c) To trust everyone.
(d) To trust only Blanford.
3. How is Welldon rescued from having to sleep with the widow?
(a) Stanmore says the governor is willing to marry her.
(b) Stanmore says he will take care of her.
(c) Stanmore says the Captain will be over to handle her.
(d) Stanmore says Jack will be over to handle her.
4. Which slave says that he belonged to Oroonoko?
(b) Slave One.
5. What does Oroonoko disagree with in Act III, Scene II?
6. For what purpose has Blanford brought Aboan to Oroonoko?
(a) To be his right-hand man.
(b) To be his servant.
(c) To be his slave.
(d) To be his companion.
7. Why does Widow Lackitt give Welldon a gift?
(a) To show she is not negligent of him.
(b) To remind him to not be negligent of her.
(c) To show off her wealth.
(d) To show she wants to get rid of him.
8. Why does Oroonoko say Imoinda has made him a coward?
(a) She has turned him weak-willed.
(b) He is afraid to die and be without her and afraid to live and lose her.
(c) He does not stand up to her.
(d) She is making him yield because of her weakness.
9. What sort of tone does the conversation between Welldon and Jack have in Act IV, Scene I?
10. Whom does Oroonoko kill near the beginning of Act IV Scene II?
11. What does the governor request of Oroonoko in Scene IV, Act II?
(a) To fight him to the death.
(b) To yield his weapons.
(c) To ask for forgiveness.
(d) To yield Imoinda.
12. Which word best describes Oroonoko's plan for the slaves in Act III, Scene IV?
13. What does Lucy call Daniel?
14. Who says "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" in Act IV, Scene II?
15. What does Oroonoko stop Aboan from doing in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Punching Hottman.
(b) Kicking Hottman.
(c) Stabbing Hottman.
(d) Slitting Hottman's throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks the line "he did deserve his Death" and about whom in Act IV, Scene II?
2. What does Aboan mean by the line: "...I see Love has your Heart, and takes up all your thoughts" in Act III, Scene II?
3. What does Lucy tell Welldon that she has heard about the slaves?
4. What does Widow Lackitt want Welldon to do as she exits Act III, Scene III?
5. Why does Blanford bring Aboan to Oroonoko?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)