|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Welldon pacify the widow in Act III, Scene III?
(a) By disclosing her true idenity as a female to show the widow that they can never marry.
(b) By telling her he will have his wife poisoned so that they may marry.
(c) By telling her he will personally kill his wife so that they may marry.
(d) By agreeing to marry her the next day.
2. Which of the following characters does not ask for pardon?
3. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I when they are alone?
(a) A hug.
(b) Money and jewels.
(c) A kiss.
4. Who says "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" in Act III, Scene IV?
5. After Blanford leaves in Act III, Scene II, what does Aboan caution Oroonoko?
(a) To trust only Aboan.
(b) To trust no one but himself.
(c) To trust only Blanford.
(d) To trust everyone.
6. Why does Widow Lackitt give Welldon a gift?
(a) To show she wants to get rid of him.
(b) To remind him to not be negligent of her.
(c) To show she is not negligent of him.
(d) To show off her wealth.
7. What does Oroonoko stop Aboan from doing in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Slitting Hottman's throat.
(b) Stabbing Hottman.
(c) Punching Hottman.
(d) Kicking Hottman.
8. Once Oroonoko drops his sword, what happens?
(a) The governor frees him.
(b) The governor and his men seize him.
(c) Blanford abducts him.
(d) The govenor kisses Imoinda.
9. What sort of tone does the conversation between Welldon and Jack have in Act IV, Scene I?
10. Why does Blanford bring Aboan to Oroonoko?
(a) To show Oroonoko the way of slavery.
(b) To gain Aboan's trust.
(c) To teach Aboan a lesson.
(d) To gain Oroonoko's trust.
11. Why have Oroonoko and the slaves gathered in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) To have a celebration.
(b) To plan the murder of the governor.
(c) To pledge their loyalty to Oroonoko.
(d) To discuss their plans for freedom.
12. When Oroonoko says "This Fellow is not right, I'll try him further," what does he mean in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) He will try to convince Hottman of his plan.
(b) He will try to kill Hottman.
(c) He will try to convince Aboan of his plan.
(d) He will try to convince the slaves of his plan.
13. What does the line "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" refer to in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Hottman's plan.
(b) Blanford's plan.
(c) Oroonoko's plan.
(d) Aboan's plan.
14. Which of the following people do not know of the trick Welldon is playing on the widow?
15. Who says "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" in Act IV, Scene II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees with Oroonoko about Hottman Act III, Scene IV?
2. Which word best describes Oroonoko's plan for the slaves in Act III, Scene IV?
3. What does the governor request of Oroonoko in Scene IV, Act II?
4. Why is Daniel irritated when he enters in Act IV, Scene I?
5. What does Lucy tell Welldon that she has heard about the slaves?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)