|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aboan suggest they do to Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Embrace him.
(c) Keep an eye on him.
(d) Ignore him.
2. What does the governor request of Oroonoko in Scene IV, Act II?
(a) To fight him to the death.
(b) To yield Imoinda.
(c) To yield his weapons.
(d) To ask for forgiveness.
3. What is Aboan's idea for gaining freedom from slavery?
(a) Making their slave masters unconscious then running away.
(b) Escaping in the middle of the night.
(c) Killing the slave masters.
4. Why have Oroonoko and the slaves gathered in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) To pledge their loyalty to Oroonoko.
(b) To discuss their plans for freedom.
(c) To have a celebration.
(d) To plan the murder of the governor.
5. What does Oroonoko suggest in regards to Hottman at the end of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Kick him out of the plan.
(b) Keep an eye on him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Stab him.
6. What does Welldon advise Jack against doing in regards to Mrs. Lackitt in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Telling Stanmore of their plans for Mrs. Lackitt.
(b) Marrying Mrs. Lackitt.
(c) Bedding Mrs. Lackitt at night.
(d) Talking about how he is satisfying Mrs. Lackitt.
7. What does Widow Lackitt threaten to do to Lucy in Act III, Scene III?
(a) Have her married to the Captain.
(b) Have her shipped back to London.
(c) Annul her marriage to Daniel.
(d) Cut off the money promised to her.
8. Act III, Scene I is with which characters?
(a) Slave traders.
(c) The Weldon sisters.
(d) Plantation owners.
9. In Act III, Scene I, why does Aboan not want to trust Hottman just yet?
(a) Hottman is a known liar.
(b) Hottman talks too much.
(c) Hottman betrayed them before.
(d) Hottman speaks against rebelling.
10. When Oroonoko says "This Fellow is not right, I'll try him further," what does he mean in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) He will try to convince Aboan of his plan.
(b) He will try to convince the slaves of his plan.
(c) He will try to convince Hottman of his plan.
(d) He will try to kill Hottman.
11. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene II, what weapon does Imoinda carry?
(c) Bow and arrow.
12. What does the line "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" refer to in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Aboan's plan.
(b) Blanford's plan.
(c) Oroonoko's plan.
(d) Hottman's plan.
13. What does Lucy call Daniel?
14. Which of the following is not something Welldon and Jack discuss in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) How Welldon will remain married to Mrs. Lackitt.
(b) How Jack and Welldon will both get money out of Mrs. Lackitt.
(c) How Jack may later marry Mrs. Lackitt.
(d) How Jack beds Mrs. Lackitt even though Welldon is married to her.
15. Which of the following people do not know of the trick Welldon is playing on the widow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oroonoko stop Aboan from doing in Act III, Scene IV?
2. Who appears as the mediator?
3. Which word best describes Oroonoko's plan for the slaves in Act III, Scene IV?
4. Who speaks the line "he did deserve his Death" and about whom in Act IV, Scene II?
5. Why is Daniel irritated when he enters in Act IV, Scene I?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)