|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the line "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" refer to in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Hottman's plan.
(b) Oroonoko's plan.
(c) Aboan's plan.
(d) Blanford's plan.
2. Which of the following characters does not ask for pardon?
3. What does Widow Lackitt threaten to do to Lucy in Act III, Scene III?
(a) Annul her marriage to Daniel.
(b) Have her married to the Captain.
(c) Cut off the money promised to her.
(d) Have her shipped back to London.
4. What does Oroonoko stop Aboan from doing in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Slitting Hottman's throat.
(b) Stabbing Hottman.
(c) Punching Hottman.
(d) Kicking Hottman.
5. Which word best describes Oroonoko's plan for the slaves in Act III, Scene IV?
6. How does Welldon pacify the widow in Act III, Scene III?
(a) By telling her he will have his wife poisoned so that they may marry.
(b) By disclosing her true idenity as a female to show the widow that they can never marry.
(c) By telling her he will personally kill his wife so that they may marry.
(d) By agreeing to marry her the next day.
7. How is Welldon rescued from having to sleep with the widow?
(a) Stanmore says he will take care of her.
(b) Stanmore says the Captain will be over to handle her.
(c) Stanmore says the governor is willing to marry her.
(d) Stanmore says Jack will be over to handle her.
8. To what does the phrase "green Sickness" refer to in Act IV, Scene I?
9. Who are the two people who have betrayed Oroonoko in Act IV, Scene II?
(a) Captain and Governor.
(b) Aboan and Hottman.
(c) Governor and Blanford.
(d) Hottman and Governor.
10. What does Daniel say Lucy can call him?
11. Whom does Oroonoko kill near the beginning of Act IV Scene II?
12. What is Blanford trying to convince Oroonoko to do near the end of Act IV, Scene II?
13. Who appears as the mediator?
14. What does Widow Lackitt give to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I when they are alone?
(b) Money and jewels.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A hug.
15. What does the line "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" refer to in Act IV, Scene II?
(a) Hottman's betrayal.
(b) Aboan's betrayal.
(c) Blanford's betrayal.
(d) The governor's betrayal.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Welldon speaking at the beginning of Act IV?
2. What does Welldon advise Jack against doing in regards to Mrs. Lackitt in Act IV, Scene I?
3. For what cause does Oroonoko declare he will join Aboan's plans to revolt?
4. Who is now married to Widow Lackitt in Act IV?
5. What does Lucy tell Welldon that she has heard about the slaves?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)