|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aboan suggest they do to Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Keep an eye on him.
(b) Embrace him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Kill him.
2. What information does Lucy reveal to Welldon in Act IV, Scene I about her fortune?
(a) That Daniel has half and she has half.
(b) That she obtained all of it.
(c) That she has none of it.
(d) That she only has a portion.
3. Once Oroonoko drops his sword, what happens?
(a) The governor and his men seize him.
(b) Blanford abducts him.
(c) The governor frees him.
(d) The govenor kisses Imoinda.
4. Why do the slaves fall on the ground asking for the governor's forgiveness?
(a) Because Oroonoko told them to.
(b) Because the governor has offered them a pardon for their behavior.
(c) Because they love the governor as their master.
(d) Because the governor has threatened to kill them otherwise.
5. What does the line "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" refer to in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Aboan's plan.
(b) Blanford's plan.
(c) Hottman's plan.
(d) Oroonoko's plan.
6. What does the line "...if you had not prevented my cutting his Throat, that Coward there had not discover'd us" refer to in Act IV, Scene II?
(a) Hottman's betrayal.
(b) The governor's betrayal.
(c) Blanford's betrayal.
(d) Aboan's betrayal.
7. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage yet again in Act III, Scene III?
(a) By stating that he is in love with another woman.
(b) By stating he is moving back to London.
(c) By stating he has another sister who must first be married.
(d) By stating he is already married.
8. To whom does Welldon give his jewels and money for safekeeping?
(a) Widow Lackitt.
9. Why does Imoinda request that Oroonoko kill her in Act III, Scene II?
(a) She does not want to be with Oroonoko any longer.
(b) She does not want to lie with the governor.
(c) She does not want her children born into slavery.
(d) She does not want to be a slave any longer.
10. What does Welldon plan on using the jewels and money for that Mrs. Lackitt gave him?
(a) To go back to London.
(b) Dowry for Lucy's husband.
(c) A new house.
(d) Dowry for a husband.
11. What does one slave ask Oroonoko in the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) What is the plan?
(b) What will happen to the women and children?
(c) What will happen if they die?
(d) What is it like being a prince?
12. What does Oroonoko suspect Hottman may do in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Steal Imoinda.
(b) Betray them.
(c) Support them.
(d) Kill them.
13. To whom is the line "You are a Slave your self, and to command, Is now anothers right" being spoken to in Act III, Scene II?
14. Which of the following people do not know of the trick Welldon is playing on the widow?
15. Why does Widow Lackitt give Welldon a gift?
(a) To remind him to not be negligent of her.
(b) To show she wants to get rid of him.
(c) To show she is not negligent of him.
(d) To show off her wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" in Act III, Scene IV?
2. What sort of tone does the conversation between Welldon and Jack have in Act IV, Scene I?
3. What does Welldon advise Jack against doing in regards to Mrs. Lackitt in Act IV, Scene I?
4. What does Widow Lackitt threaten to do to Lucy in Act III, Scene III?
5. What is Blanford's reaction to the governor's actions at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)