|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the phrase "green Sickness" refer to in Act IV, Scene I?
2. What does Oroonoko suggest in regards to Hottman at the end of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Keep an eye on him.
(b) Kick him out of the plan.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Stab him.
3. What is Blanford's reaction to the governor's actions at the end of Act IV, Scene II?
4. After Blanford leaves in Act III, Scene II, what does Aboan caution Oroonoko?
(a) To trust only Blanford.
(b) To trust everyone.
(c) To trust only Aboan.
(d) To trust no one but himself.
5. Who agrees with Oroonoko about Hottman Act III, Scene IV?
(c) Hottman himself.
6. Who says "I am afraid You'll find it difficult, and dangerous" in Act III, Scene IV?
7. What does one slave ask Oroonoko in the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) What is it like being a prince?
(b) What will happen to the women and children?
(c) What is the plan?
(d) What will happen if they die?
8. Why does Widow Lackitt give Welldon a gift?
(a) To show off her wealth.
(b) To remind him to not be negligent of her.
(c) To show she is not negligent of him.
(d) To show she wants to get rid of him.
9. What does Welldon request of Stanmore near the end of Act IV, Scene I?
(a) To care for his cousin if something happens to him.
(b) To care for Oroonoko if something happens to him.
(c) To care for Mrs. Lackitt if something happens to him.
(d) To care for Lucy if something happens to him.
10. What does Oroonoko suspect Hottman may do in Act III, Scene IV?
(a) Betray them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Steal Imoinda.
(d) Support them.
11. What is the feeling in Act III, Scene II?
12. Who has a soliloquy in Act IV, Scene I?
(c) Mrs. Lackitt.
13. Which of the following is not something Welldon and Jack discuss in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) How Welldon will remain married to Mrs. Lackitt.
(b) How Jack beds Mrs. Lackitt even though Welldon is married to her.
(c) How Jack and Welldon will both get money out of Mrs. Lackitt.
(d) How Jack may later marry Mrs. Lackitt.
14. At the beginning of Act IV, Scene II, what weapon does Imoinda carry?
(a) Bow and arrow.
15. What is Oroonoko's plan for the slaves at the beginning of Act III, Scene IV?
(a) To steal a ship and sail away to Africa.
(b) To go to the beach and start a new colony.
(c) To murder their masters.
(d) To set fire to the plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oroonoko says "I must Capitulate?" in Act IV, Scene II. What does "capitulate" mean?
2. Whom does Oroonoko kill near the beginning of Act IV Scene II?
3. Which word best describes Oroonoko's plan for the slaves in Act III, Scene IV?
4. What does the governor request of Oroonoko in Scene IV, Act II?
5. What does Aboan suggest they do to Hottman in Act III, Scene IV?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)