|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the line "My heart drops blood for him" referring in Act I, Scene II?
2. What does Welldon say he promised Lucy's dying father in Act II, Scene I to Widow Lackitt?
(a) To not marry until Lucy was married.
(b) To marry at the same time as Lucy.
(c) To only marry for love.
(d) To never marry anyone but Lucy.
3. Who says Oroonoko will be treated nobly?
4. How can Daniel's behavior in Act II, Scene I be described?
5. Who is the first speaker in Act I, Scene II?
6. Why does the Lieutenant Governor summon Blanford and Oroonoko in Act II, Scene II?
(a) He wants Oroonoko's opinion of his mistress.
(b) He wants Oroonoko to entertain him.
(c) He wants Oroonoko's opinion on politics.
(d) He wants Oroonoko to do some work for him.
7. Who says: "My heart drops blood for him" in Act I, Scene II?
8. Who says: "...but I won't lose her so" at the end of Act II, Scene III?
9. To whom is "Why, a lusty young Fellow may happen to tempt you" being said in Act I, Scene I?
(d) Widow Lackitt.
10. What does Welldon say to the widow's first suggestion of a husband for Lucy?
(a) He says Lucy hates him.
(b) He says Lucy loves him.
(c) He says Lucy is conflicted.
(d) He says Lucy is considering it.
11. Who speaks the lines: "Captain, I'm afraid the world won't speak so honourably of this action of yours, as you wou'd have 'em" in Act I, Scene II?
12. Who is the governor's mistress?
(b) Widow Lackitt.
(d) Welldon as a female.
13. What does Blanford vow to help Oroonoko do at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) Send him home.
(b) Reunite him with his wife.
(c) Free him.
(d) Beat him.
14. How long has Mrs. Lackitt been a widow?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six weeks.
15. What does Blanford assure Oroonoko about the Governor at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) That he will be kind and fair.
(b) That he will free him for sure.
(c) That he will be cruel and treacherous.
(d) That he will send him back to Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the line "poor Women be thought decaying and unfit/for the Town at One or Two and twenty" in Act I, Scene I mean exactly?
2. What is Lucy's reaction to marriage with the Captain?
3. Who is "The Dog" that Oroonoko refers to at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
4. How did the captain capture Oroonoko to be a slave?
5. What is the setting of Act II, Scene I?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)