|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Welldon mention his sister to in Act I, Scene II in terms of marriage?
2. Whom does this line refer to: "Sir, You're a scurvy Fellow to talk at this rate to me" in Act I, Scene II?
3. Who leads a successful attack against the invaders at the end of the entertainment in Act II, Scene III?
4. Who is the governor's mistress?
(a) Welldon as a female.
(d) Widow Lackitt.
5. In Act II Scene II, who is the first speaker?
6. Where is Lucy and Welldon's original home?
7. What is Oroonoko's status?
(a) A king.
(b) A prince's servant.
(c) A normal man.
(d) A prince.
8. What does Blanford understand about Oroonoko in the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) Why he is so angry.
(b) Why he is so pitiful.
(c) Why he is distrustful of white men.
(d) Why he is so sad.
9. What does the widow tell the captain that she wants?
(a) A female slave.
(b) A husband.
(c) A male slave.
(d) A maid.
10. Why is Lucy's sister dressed as a man?
(a) To make proper claim to property.
(b) To entice women out of their wealth.
(c) To find a husband for Lucy.
(d) To find a husband for herself.
11. What does Widow Lackitt hint at the end of Act II, Scene II?
(a) It is time for Lucy and Stanmore to marry.
(b) It is her and Welldon's turn to marry next.
(c) It is her and Jack's turn to marry next.
(d) It is time for Lucy and Daniel to marry.
12. What subject does the widow bring up with Welldon at the beginning of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Lucy's marriage to her son.
(b) Marriage to him.
(c) Marriage to Jack.
(d) Lucy's marriage to the Captain.
13. Who is Daniel?
(a) The widow's son.
(b) Lucy's brother.
(c) Stanmore's son.
(d) Welldon's brother.
14. Why is Oroonoko so elated at the end of Act II, Scene III?
(a) He is finally reunited with Imoinda.
(b) He finally kills the Captain.
(c) He is finally freed of slavery.
(d) He has returned home to Africa.
15. Who offers himself to Mrs. Lackitt in Act I, Scene II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "I am quite tir'd of setting up for a Husband" in Act II, Scene I?
2. Who says: "My heart drops blood for him" in Act I, Scene II?
3. What is the true identity of the governor's mistress?
4. What does Blanford vow to help Oroonoko do at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
5. What new name does Blanford suggest Oroonoko take?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)