|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel's response when Lucy asks him "Well, how do you like me now?" in Act II, Scene I?
(a) "...my Mother is always shaming one before company."
(b) "...how do you think I can go to bed to a Woman I don't know?
(c) "Why, pray, may I?"
(d) "You have bewitch'd me, I think.."
2. What does Daniel make his mother promise near the end of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Not to marry Welldon.
(b) Not to marry him off.
(c) Not to marry Jack.
(d) Not to leave him.
3. For what purpose have Lucy and Welldon left their original home?
(a) To make a forture.
(b) To husband hunt.
(c) To capture a slave.
(d) To trick old women.
4. Whom do we learn is interested in marrying the widow near the end of Act I, Scene I?
5. What does Blanford vow to do?
(a) Serve the Governor.
(b) Serve Welldon.
(c) Serve Oroonoko.
(d) Serve the Captain.
6. What does Welldon say he promised Lucy's dying father in Act II, Scene I to Widow Lackitt?
(a) To marry at the same time as Lucy.
(b) To not marry until Lucy was married.
(c) To only marry for love.
(d) To never marry anyone but Lucy.
7. Why does the Lieutenant Governor summon Blanford and Oroonoko in Act II, Scene II?
(a) He wants Oroonoko's opinion on politics.
(b) He wants Oroonoko to entertain him.
(c) He wants Oroonoko's opinion of his mistress.
(d) He wants Oroonoko to do some work for him.
8. With whom is the governor in love with?
(a) His slave, Clemene.
(b) Widow Lackitt.
(c) Welldon's female self.
9. Who is the first character we are introduced to in the beginning of the play?
10. Who is the first speaker in Act I, Scene II?
11. What does Oroonoko warn the Captain of?
(a) To wait till he kills him.
(b) To live in fear.
(c) To beware treachery.
(d) To love Lucy well or he will be betrayed.
12. What does Blanford vow to help Oroonoko do at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) Free him.
(b) Send him home.
(c) Reunite him with his wife.
(d) Beat him.
13. Who says: "...but I won't lose her so" at the end of Act II, Scene III?
14. Who leads a successful attack against the invaders at the end of the entertainment in Act II, Scene III?
15. What is Daniel afraid of, regarding Lucy, near the end of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Being a husband.
(b) Providing for Lucy.
(c) Kissing Lucy.
(d) Marrying and sleeping with Lucy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanford assure Oroonoko about the Governor at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
2. To whom does Welldon mention his sister to in Act I, Scene II in terms of marriage?
3. What does Blanford understand about Oroonoko in the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
4. Why is Lucy's sister dressed as a man?
5. What new name does Blanford suggest Oroonoko take?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)