|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mrs. Lackitt been a widow?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six years.
2. Who got rid of Oroonoko's wife?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
3. With whom is the governor in love with?
(a) Widow Lackitt.
(c) Welldon's female self.
(d) His slave, Clemene.
4. Who speaks the line "I am a better Christian, I thank you, than to keep it with a Heathen" in Act I, Scene II?
5. What does Blanford vow to help Oroonoko do at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) Send him home.
(b) Reunite him with his wife.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Free him.
6. Who leads a successful attack against the invaders at the end of the entertainment in Act II, Scene III?
7. What subject does the widow bring up with Welldon at the beginning of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Lucy's marriage to the Captain.
(b) Marriage to him.
(c) Lucy's marriage to her son.
(d) Marriage to Jack.
8. How did the captain capture Oroonoko to be a slave?
(a) By hitting him over the head and dragging him to the ship.
(b) By knocking him out and tying him up.
(c) By offering to trade the prince's life for his wife's.
(d) By getting him drunk on his ship and putting him in shackles.
9. Who is Welldon?
(a) Lucy's mother.
(b) Lucy's brother.
(c) Lucy's sister.
(d) Lucy's husband.
10. What does Blanford assure Oroonoko about the Governor at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) That he will be kind and fair.
(b) That he will send him back to Africa.
(c) That he will free him for sure.
(d) That he will be cruel and treacherous.
11. What does Widow Lackitt hint at the end of Act II, Scene II?
(a) It is time for Lucy and Stanmore to marry.
(b) It is her and Welldon's turn to marry next.
(c) It is time for Lucy and Daniel to marry.
(d) It is her and Jack's turn to marry next.
12. What does Oroonoko warn the Captain of?
(a) To beware treachery.
(b) To love Lucy well or he will be betrayed.
(c) To wait till he kills him.
(d) To live in fear.
13. What does Blanford vow to do?
(a) Serve the Captain.
(b) Serve the Governor.
(c) Serve Oroonoko.
(d) Serve Welldon.
14. Whom does this line refer to: "Sir, You're a scurvy Fellow to talk at this rate to me" in Act I, Scene II?
15. Who says: "...but I won't lose her so" at the end of Act II, Scene III?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lucy and Welldon's original home?
2. What does the line "I shou'd like mightily to be call'd Mrs. Welldon" foreshadow in Act I, Scene I?
3. Who says: "My heart drops blood for him" in Act I, Scene II?
4. What is the setting of the beginning of Act II, Scene III?
5. Who is the first character we are introduced to in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)