|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is "Why, a lusty young Fellow may happen to tempt you" being said in Act I, Scene I?
(a) Widow Lackitt.
2. What is the widow's second suggestion for a husband for Lucy?
(a) Her son.
(b) The captain.
3. Who is the first character we are introduced to in the beginning of the play?
4. Who is Imoinda?
(a) Oroonoko's step-mother.
(b) Oroonoko's mother.
(c) Oroonoko's wife.
(d) Oroonoko's sister.
5. Who says: "My heart drops blood for him" in Act I, Scene II?
6. What does the governor try to do to Imoinda at the beginning of Act II, Scene III?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Sleep with her.
(c) Hug her.
(d) Kiss her.
7. In Act II Scene II, who is the first speaker?
8. Who says the following line: "So, Mrs. Lackitt, your Widowhood is waning apace?" in Act I, Scene I?
9. What subject does the widow bring up with Welldon at the beginning of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Marriage to him.
(b) Lucy's marriage to the Captain.
(c) Lucy's marriage to her son.
(d) Marriage to Jack.
10. Where have Lucy and Welldon moved to?
(a) New Guinea.
(b) London, England.
(c) Surinam, West Indies.
11. Why does the Lieutenant Governor summon Blanford and Oroonoko in Act II, Scene II?
(a) He wants Oroonoko to do some work for him.
(b) He wants Oroonoko's opinion of his mistress.
(c) He wants Oroonoko to entertain him.
(d) He wants Oroonoko's opinion on politics.
12. Why is Oroonoko so elated at the end of Act II, Scene III?
(a) He is finally reunited with Imoinda.
(b) He finally kills the Captain.
(c) He is finally freed of slavery.
(d) He has returned home to Africa.
13. What is Oroonoko's status?
(a) A prince.
(b) A king.
(c) A prince's servant.
(d) A normal man.
14. What does the widow force Daniel to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Kiss Welldon.
(b) Kiss Lucy.
(c) Hug Welldon.
(d) Hug Lucy.
15. What does Widow Lackitt hint at the end of Act II, Scene II?
(a) It is time for Lucy and Stanmore to marry.
(b) It is her and Welldon's turn to marry next.
(c) It is her and Jack's turn to marry next.
(d) It is time for Lucy and Daniel to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new name does Blanford suggest Oroonoko take?
2. What does Blanford vow to do?
3. What does the widow tell the captain that she wants?
4. What is Lucy's reaction to marriage with the Captain?
5. Who is "The Dog" that Oroonoko refers to at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)