|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do we learn owns several plantations in Act I, Scene I?
(b) Widow Lackitt.
2. What does Blanford assure Oroonoko about the Governor at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) That he will be cruel and treacherous.
(b) That he will send him back to Africa.
(c) That he will be kind and fair.
(d) That he will free him for sure.
3. Why does the governor call on Imoinda in Act II, Scene III?
(a) To use her.
(b) To sing songs for his guests.
(c) To dance for his guests.
(d) To sleep with her.
4. Who says Oroonoko will be treated nobly?
5. What is Daniel afraid of, regarding Lucy, near the end of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Being a husband.
(b) Kissing Lucy.
(c) Marrying and sleeping with Lucy.
(d) Providing for Lucy.
6. What story does Oroonoko relate to Blanford in Act II, Scene II?
(a) His wife's disappearance.
(b) HIs travels.
(c) How he was captured.
(d) His childhood.
7. Who is "The Dog" that Oroonoko refers to at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
8. What does Blanford vow to help Oroonoko do at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Free him.
(c) Send him home.
(d) Reunite him with his wife.
9. What does the governor try to do to Imoinda at the beginning of Act II, Scene III?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Sleep with her.
(d) Hug her.
10. What is the widow's second suggestion for a husband for Lucy?
(c) Her son.
(d) The captain.
11. For what purpose have Lucy and Welldon left their original home?
(a) To husband hunt.
(b) To capture a slave.
(c) To trick old women.
(d) To make a forture.
12. Who says "I am quite tir'd of setting up for a Husband" in Act II, Scene I?
(d) Widow Lackitt.
13. In Act II, Scene III, who comes to attack the plantations near the end of the entertainment?
14. Who speaks the lines: "Captain, I'm afraid the world won't speak so honourably of this action of yours, as you wou'd have 'em" in Act I, Scene II?
15. What does the widow force Daniel to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Kiss Welldon.
(b) Hug Lucy.
(c) Kiss Lucy.
(d) Hug Welldon.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is the line "My heart drops blood for him" referring in Act I, Scene II?
2. What does Widow Lackitt hint at the end of Act II, Scene II?
3. To whom does Welldon mention his sister to in Act I, Scene II in terms of marriage?
4. What is the setting of Act II, Scene I?
5. Where is Lucy and Welldon's original home?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)