|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the captain capture Oroonoko to be a slave?
(a) By offering to trade the prince's life for his wife's.
(b) By knocking him out and tying him up.
(c) By getting him drunk on his ship and putting him in shackles.
(d) By hitting him over the head and dragging him to the ship.
2. How does Welldon say he could cheat the widow?
(a) By having Lucy marry her son.
(b) By striking a business deal with her.
(c) By marrying her daughter.
(d) By marrying her for her money.
3. How can Daniel's behavior in Act II, Scene I be described?
4. Who got rid of Oroonoko's wife?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
5. What is Daniel's response when Lucy asks him "Well, how do you like me now?" in Act II, Scene I?
(a) "Why, pray, may I?"
(b) "...my Mother is always shaming one before company."
(c) "You have bewitch'd me, I think.."
(d) "...how do you think I can go to bed to a Woman I don't know?
6. Where is Lucy and Welldon's original home?
7. What does Widow Lackitt hint at the end of Act II, Scene II?
(a) It is her and Welldon's turn to marry next.
(b) It is time for Lucy and Stanmore to marry.
(c) It is her and Jack's turn to marry next.
(d) It is time for Lucy and Daniel to marry.
8. Whom does this line refer to: "Sir, You're a scurvy Fellow to talk at this rate to me" in Act I, Scene II?
9. What does the widow tell the captain that she wants?
(a) A female slave.
(b) A maid.
(c) A male slave.
(d) A husband.
10. What does the widow force Daniel to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Hug Lucy.
(b) Kiss Welldon.
(c) Hug Welldon.
(d) Kiss Lucy.
11. Whom do we learn owns several plantations in Act I, Scene I?
(b) Widow Lackitt.
12. To whom is "Why, a lusty young Fellow may happen to tempt you" being said in Act I, Scene I?
(a) Widow Lackitt.
13. How does the widow's response of "Is that all?" to the Welldon's promise to Lucy's dying father tell us about the widow in Act II, Scene I?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She chooses to ignore it.
(c) She does not think much of it.
(d) She thinks it is very serious.
14. What is Oroonoko's status?
(a) A prince's servant.
(b) A king.
(c) A prince.
(d) A normal man.
15. What is the widow's second suggestion for a husband for Lucy?
(a) The captain.
(c) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucy exit in Act I, Scene I?
2. Who is "The Dog" that Oroonoko refers to at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
3. Who says "I am quite tir'd of setting up for a Husband" in Act II, Scene I?
4. What is Daniel afraid of, regarding Lucy, near the end of Act II, Scene I?
5. What does Oroonoko warn the Captain of?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)