|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks the lines: "Captain, I'm afraid the world won't speak so honourably of this action of yours, as you wou'd have 'em" in Act I, Scene II?
2. What does Welldon say to the widow's first suggestion of a husband for Lucy?
(a) He says Lucy is conflicted.
(b) He says Lucy loves him.
(c) He says Lucy hates him.
(d) He says Lucy is considering it.
3. Why is Lucy's sister dressed as a man?
(a) To make proper claim to property.
(b) To find a husband for herself.
(c) To find a husband for Lucy.
(d) To entice women out of their wealth.
4. What does Welldon say he promised Lucy's dying father in Act II, Scene I to Widow Lackitt?
(a) To marry at the same time as Lucy.
(b) To not marry until Lucy was married.
(c) To only marry for love.
(d) To never marry anyone but Lucy.
5. What is Daniel content with, regarding Lucy, near the end of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Providing for Lucy.
(b) Kissing Lucy.
(c) Marrying and sleeping with Lucy.
(d) Being a husband.
6. Who is Welldon?
(a) Lucy's brother.
(b) Lucy's mother.
(c) Lucy's husband.
(d) Lucy's sister.
7. What is Lucy's reaction to marriage with the Captain?
(a) She is hesitant.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She is nonchalant.
8. What is the setting of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Welldon's house.
(b) The governor's house.
(c) The trading port.
(d) Widow Lackitt's house.
9. Who says the following line: "So, Mrs. Lackitt, your Widowhood is waning apace?" in Act I, Scene I?
10. Who got rid of Oroonoko's wife?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
11. For what purpose have Lucy and Welldon left their original home?
(a) To capture a slave.
(b) To husband hunt.
(c) To make a forture.
(d) To trick old women.
12. Who is the first speaker in Act I, Scene II?
13. With whom is the governor in love with?
(b) Welldon's female self.
(c) Widow Lackitt.
(d) His slave, Clemene.
14. How long has Mrs. Lackitt been a widow?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six years.
15. Who is the third character to make an appearance in Act I, Scene I?
(b) Widow Lackitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Oroonoko relate to Blanford in Act II, Scene II?
2. Who is "The Dog" that Oroonoko refers to at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
3. In Act II Scene II, who is the first speaker?
4. What is Daniel's response when Lucy asks him "Well, how do you like me now?" in Act II, Scene I?
5. Who says: "...but I won't lose her so" at the end of Act II, Scene III?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)