|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Welldon say he could cheat the widow?
(a) By striking a business deal with her.
(b) By marrying her daughter.
(c) By marrying her for her money.
(d) By having Lucy marry her son.
2. What does Daniel make his mother promise near the end of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Not to leave him.
(b) Not to marry him off.
(c) Not to marry Welldon.
(d) Not to marry Jack.
3. What is Daniel afraid of, regarding Lucy, near the end of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Being a husband.
(b) Providing for Lucy.
(c) Kissing Lucy.
(d) Marrying and sleeping with Lucy.
4. What does Widow Lackitt hint at the end of Act II, Scene II?
(a) It is her and Welldon's turn to marry next.
(b) It is time for Lucy and Daniel to marry.
(c) It is her and Jack's turn to marry next.
(d) It is time for Lucy and Stanmore to marry.
5. What is the setting of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Widow Lackitt's house.
(b) Welldon's house.
(c) The governor's house.
(d) The trading port.
6. How long has Mrs. Lackitt been a widow?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
7. To whom is the line "My heart drops blood for him" referring in Act I, Scene II?
8. Where is Lucy and Welldon's original home?
9. Who is Imoinda?
(a) Oroonoko's mother.
(b) Oroonoko's step-mother.
(c) Oroonoko's wife.
(d) Oroonoko's sister.
10. Where have Lucy and Welldon moved to?
(a) Surinam, West Indies.
(b) London, England.
(d) New Guinea.
11. Why does the Lieutenant Governor summon Blanford and Oroonoko in Act II, Scene II?
(a) He wants Oroonoko's opinion on politics.
(b) He wants Oroonoko to entertain him.
(c) He wants Oroonoko's opinion of his mistress.
(d) He wants Oroonoko to do some work for him.
12. What does Blanford vow to do?
(a) Serve Welldon.
(b) Serve the Captain.
(c) Serve the Governor.
(d) Serve Oroonoko.
13. Who stands and stares at Oroonoko in Act I, Scene II?
(b) The Planters.
(d) The other slaves.
14. What does Blanford vow to help Oroonoko do at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) Reunite him with his wife.
(b) Free him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Send him home.
15. Whom does the widow first suggest that Lucy marry?
(c) Her son.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the widow tell the captain that she wants?
2. Why does Lucy exit in Act I, Scene I?
3. For what purpose have Lucy and Welldon left their original home?
4. What is the setting of the beginning of Act II, Scene III?
5. Who got rid of Oroonoko's wife?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)