|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "I am quite tir'd of setting up for a Husband" in Act II, Scene I?
(b) Widow Lackitt.
2. Who speaks the lines: "Captain, I'm afraid the world won't speak so honourably of this action of yours, as you wou'd have 'em" in Act I, Scene II?
3. Why is Oroonoko so elated at the end of Act II, Scene III?
(a) He is finally reunited with Imoinda.
(b) He finally kills the Captain.
(c) He is finally freed of slavery.
(d) He has returned home to Africa.
4. With whom is the governor in love with?
(b) His slave, Clemene.
(c) Welldon's female self.
(d) Widow Lackitt.
5. Why does Lucy exit in Act I, Scene I?
(a) So that Welldon and Widow Lackitt may be alone to get to know one another.
(b) So that Widow Lackitt can try to seduce Welldon.
(c) So that Welldon can figure out how to dupe Widow Lackitt.
(d) So that Welldon and Widow Lackitt may talk business.
6. Who is the governor's mistress?
(a) Welldon as a female.
(c) Widow Lackitt.
7. To whom does Welldon mention his sister to in Act I, Scene II in terms of marriage?
8. Whom do we learn owns several plantations in Act I, Scene I?
(b) Widow Lackitt.
9. Who is Welldon?
(a) Lucy's husband.
(b) Lucy's brother.
(c) Lucy's sister.
(d) Lucy's mother.
10. What does the widow tell the captain that she wants?
(a) A husband.
(b) A female slave.
(c) A male slave.
(d) A maid.
11. What new name does Blanford suggest Oroonoko take?
12. How can Daniel's behavior in Act II, Scene I be described?
13. Where is Lucy and Welldon's original home?
14. What does Welldon say to the widow's first suggestion of a husband for Lucy?
(a) He says Lucy hates him.
(b) He says Lucy loves him.
(c) He says Lucy is conflicted.
(d) He says Lucy is considering it.
15. What do Welldon and the widow agree upon in Act II, Scene I?
(a) The widow's marriage to Jack.
(b) Their upcoming marriage.
(c) A business deal.
(d) Lucy's marriage to the widow's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do we learn is interested in marrying the widow near the end of Act I, Scene I?
2. Who says: "...but I won't lose her so" at the end of Act II, Scene III?
3. Who is Imoinda?
4. Who offers himself to Mrs. Lackitt in Act I, Scene II?
5. How long has Mrs. Lackitt been a widow?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)