|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel make his mother promise near the end of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Not to marry him off.
(b) Not to marry Welldon.
(c) Not to marry Jack.
(d) Not to leave him.
2. What does the widow force Daniel to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Hug Welldon.
(b) Kiss Lucy.
(c) Kiss Welldon.
(d) Hug Lucy.
3. What is Lucy's reaction to marriage with the Captain?
(a) She is nonchalant.
(b) She is hesitant.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She accepts.
4. Who is Welldon?
(a) Lucy's mother.
(b) Lucy's sister.
(c) Lucy's husband.
(d) Lucy's brother.
5. Who says Oroonoko will be treated nobly?
6. What does Welldon say he promised Lucy's dying father in Act II, Scene I to Widow Lackitt?
(a) To never marry anyone but Lucy.
(b) To only marry for love.
(c) To not marry until Lucy was married.
(d) To marry at the same time as Lucy.
7. To whom is the line "My heart drops blood for him" referring in Act I, Scene II?
8. In Act II, Scene III, who comes to attack the plantations near the end of the entertainment?
9. What does the widow tell the captain that she wants?
(a) A female slave.
(b) A maid.
(c) A husband.
(d) A male slave.
10. Who got rid of Oroonoko's wife?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
11. What is Daniel afraid of, regarding Lucy, near the end of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Being a husband.
(b) Providing for Lucy.
(c) Marrying and sleeping with Lucy.
(d) Kissing Lucy.
12. What does the governor try to do to Imoinda at the beginning of Act II, Scene III?
(a) Hug her.
(b) Sleep with her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Kiss her.
13. What does Welldon say to the widow's first suggestion of a husband for Lucy?
(a) He says Lucy loves him.
(b) He says Lucy is considering it.
(c) He says Lucy hates him.
(d) He says Lucy is conflicted.
14. What does Blanford vow to help Oroonoko do at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Free him.
(c) Reunite him with his wife.
(d) Send him home.
15. What does Blanford understand about Oroonoko in the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) Why he is so sad.
(b) Why he is distrustful of white men.
(c) Why he is so angry.
(d) Why he is so pitiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first speaker in Act I, Scene II?
2. Who is "The Dog" that Oroonoko refers to at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
3. Whom do we learn owns several plantations in Act I, Scene I?
4. Why does the governor call on Imoinda in Act II, Scene III?
5. How long has Mrs. Lackitt been a widow?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)