|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act II, Scene I?
(a) The governor's house.
(b) The trading port.
(c) Widow Lackitt's house.
(d) Welldon's house.
2. To whom is "Why, a lusty young Fellow may happen to tempt you" being said in Act I, Scene I?
(c) Widow Lackitt.
3. What does Blanford assure Oroonoko about the Governor at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) That he will be kind and fair.
(b) That he will free him for sure.
(c) That he will be cruel and treacherous.
(d) That he will send him back to Africa.
4. Whom do we learn owns several plantations in Act I, Scene I?
(c) Widow Lackitt.
5. Who is Daniel?
(a) Lucy's brother.
(b) Welldon's brother.
(c) Stanmore's son.
(d) The widow's son.
6. Who is the governor's mistress?
(a) Welldon as a female.
(d) Widow Lackitt.
7. Who is the first character we are introduced to in the beginning of the play?
8. What is the true identity of the governor's mistress?
(c) Mrs. Lackitt.
9. Who is the first speaker in Act I, Scene II?
10. What does the widow force Daniel to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Kiss Welldon.
(b) Hug Lucy.
(c) Kiss Lucy.
(d) Hug Welldon.
11. What do Welldon and the widow agree upon in Act II, Scene I?
(a) A business deal.
(b) Their upcoming marriage.
(c) The widow's marriage to Jack.
(d) Lucy's marriage to the widow's son.
12. How does the widow's response of "Is that all?" to the Welldon's promise to Lucy's dying father tell us about the widow in Act II, Scene I?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She chooses to ignore it.
(c) She thinks it is very serious.
(d) She does not think much of it.
13. How does Welldon say he could cheat the widow?
(a) By marrying her daughter.
(b) By striking a business deal with her.
(c) By having Lucy marry her son.
(d) By marrying her for her money.
14. In Act II Scene II, who is the first speaker?
15. Where have Lucy and Welldon moved to?
(b) Surinam, West Indies.
(c) London, England.
(d) New Guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanford vow to do?
2. What is Daniel content with, regarding Lucy, near the end of Act II, Scene I?
3. Why is Lucy's sister dressed as a man?
4. Who says Oroonoko will be treated nobly?
5. What new name does Blanford suggest Oroonoko take?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)