|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the widow force Daniel to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Kiss Lucy.
(b) Hug Welldon.
(c) Hug Lucy.
(d) Kiss Welldon.
2. Who offers himself to Mrs. Lackitt in Act I, Scene II?
3. What does Blanford understand about Oroonoko in the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) Why he is so sad.
(b) Why he is so pitiful.
(c) Why he is so angry.
(d) Why he is distrustful of white men.
4. What is Daniel's response when Lucy asks him "Well, how do you like me now?" in Act II, Scene I?
(a) "You have bewitch'd me, I think.."
(b) "...my Mother is always shaming one before company."
(c) "...how do you think I can go to bed to a Woman I don't know?
(d) "Why, pray, may I?"
5. Who is Daniel?
(a) Stanmore's son.
(b) Lucy's brother.
(c) Welldon's brother.
(d) The widow's son.
6. What is Oroonoko's status?
(a) A normal man.
(b) A prince.
(c) A king.
(d) A prince's servant.
7. Who speaks the line "I am a better Christian, I thank you, than to keep it with a Heathen" in Act I, Scene II?
8. Who is the first character we are introduced to in the beginning of the play?
9. How can Daniel's behavior in Act II, Scene I be described?
10. With whom is the governor in love with?
(a) Welldon's female self.
(b) Widow Lackitt.
(c) His slave, Clemene.
11. What is the widow's second suggestion for a husband for Lucy?
(b) Her son.
(d) The captain.
12. Who got rid of Oroonoko's wife?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
13. What relationship are Lucy and Welldon pretending to have in the first scene of the play?
14. Who says Oroonoko will be treated nobly?
15. Where have Lucy and Welldon moved to?
(a) London, England.
(c) Surinam, West Indies.
(d) New Guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanford vow to help Oroonoko do at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
2. Who says: "Why, a lusty young Fellow may happen to temp you" in Act I, Scene I?
3. What does Blanford vow to do?
4. Whom do we learn is interested in marrying the widow near the end of Act I, Scene I?
5. Who is Imoinda?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)