|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, Scene III, who comes to attack the plantations near the end of the entertainment?
2. What does Blanford vow to help Oroonoko do at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Send him home.
(c) Free him.
(d) Reunite him with his wife.
3. What does Welldon say he promised Lucy's dying father in Act II, Scene I to Widow Lackitt?
(a) To only marry for love.
(b) To marry at the same time as Lucy.
(c) To not marry until Lucy was married.
(d) To never marry anyone but Lucy.
4. What new name does Blanford suggest Oroonoko take?
5. Who got rid of Oroonoko's wife?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
6. Who offers himself to Mrs. Lackitt in Act I, Scene II?
7. Who says: "...but I won't lose her so" at the end of Act II, Scene III?
8. What is Daniel's response when Lucy asks him "Well, how do you like me now?" in Act II, Scene I?
(a) "...my Mother is always shaming one before company."
(b) "Why, pray, may I?"
(c) "You have bewitch'd me, I think.."
(d) "...how do you think I can go to bed to a Woman I don't know?
9. With whom is the governor in love with?
(b) His slave, Clemene.
(c) Welldon's female self.
(d) Widow Lackitt.
10. Who says "I am quite tir'd of setting up for a Husband" in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Widow Lackitt.
11. Who is Imoinda?
(a) Oroonoko's wife.
(b) Oroonoko's mother.
(c) Oroonoko's step-mother.
(d) Oroonoko's sister.
12. Who says the following line: "So, Mrs. Lackitt, your Widowhood is waning apace?" in Act I, Scene I?
13. What subject does the widow bring up with Welldon at the beginning of Act II, Scene I?
(a) Marriage to him.
(b) Lucy's marriage to her son.
(c) Marriage to Jack.
(d) Lucy's marriage to the Captain.
14. Who speaks the lines: "Captain, I'm afraid the world won't speak so honourably of this action of yours, as you wou'd have 'em" in Act I, Scene II?
15. What do Welldon and the widow agree upon in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Lucy's marriage to the widow's son.
(b) The widow's marriage to Jack.
(c) Their upcoming marriage.
(d) A business deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first speaker in Act I, Scene II?
2. In Act II Scene II, who is the first speaker?
3. Whom do we learn owns several plantations in Act I, Scene I?
4. What does Daniel make his mother promise near the end of Act II, Scene I?
5. Where is Lucy and Welldon's original home?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)