|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "...but I won't lose her so" at the end of Act II, Scene III?
2. Who offers himself to Mrs. Lackitt in Act I, Scene II?
3. Whom do we learn owns several plantations in Act I, Scene I?
(d) Widow Lackitt.
4. Who stands and stares at Oroonoko in Act I, Scene II?
(b) The other slaves.
(c) The Planters.
5. Who is Imoinda?
(a) Oroonoko's sister.
(b) Oroonoko's mother.
(c) Oroonoko's step-mother.
(d) Oroonoko's wife.
6. What does Blanford vow to help Oroonoko do at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
(a) Send him home.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Reunite him with his wife.
(d) Free him.
7. What is the setting of the beginning of Act II, Scene III?
(a) A plantation.
(b) An open place.
(c) The trading port.
(d) The widow's house.
8. Who is the first character we are introduced to in the beginning of the play?
9. Who is "The Dog" that Oroonoko refers to at the beginning of Act II, Scene II?
10. To whom is "Why, a lusty young Fellow may happen to tempt you" being said in Act I, Scene I?
(a) Widow Lackitt.
11. What is the true identity of the governor's mistress?
(b) Mrs. Lackitt.
12. What does the line "poor Women be thought decaying and unfit/for the Town at One or Two and twenty" in Act I, Scene I mean exactly?
(a) That women who look like they are old are actually 21 or 22 years of age.
(b) That women are considered old at 21 or 22 years of age.
(c) That women, no matter their age are always thought to be 21 or 22 years of age.
(d) That women who are 21 or 22 years of age are never considered old.
13. What does Blanford vow to do?
(a) Serve Oroonoko.
(b) Serve the Governor.
(c) Serve the Captain.
(d) Serve Welldon.
14. What is Daniel's response when Lucy asks him "Well, how do you like me now?" in Act II, Scene I?
(a) "...my Mother is always shaming one before company."
(b) "Why, pray, may I?"
(c) "You have bewitch'd me, I think.."
(d) "...how do you think I can go to bed to a Woman I don't know?
15. In Act II, Scene III, who comes to attack the plantations near the end of the entertainment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oroonoko's status?
2. What does Widow Lackitt hint at the end of Act II, Scene II?
3. Who is the third character to make an appearance in Act I, Scene I?
4. How can Daniel's behavior in Act II, Scene I be described?
5. What does Welldon say he promised Lucy's dying father in Act II, Scene I to Widow Lackitt?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)