|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the feeling in Act III, Scene II?
2. How does Welldon put off Widow Lackitt from marriage yet again in Act III, Scene III?
(a) By stating he is already married.
(b) By stating he has another sister who must first be married.
(c) By stating that he is in love with another woman.
(d) By stating he is moving back to London.
3. What is Aboan's idea for gaining freedom from slavery?
(a) Killing the slave masters.
(c) Escaping in the middle of the night.
(d) Making their slave masters unconscious then running away.
4. What does the line "I shou'd like mightily to be call'd Mrs. Welldon" foreshadow in Act I, Scene I?
(a) Lucy's romantic interest in Welldon.
(b) Widow Lackitt's interest in adopting Welldon.
(c) Widow Lackitt's interest in marrying her daughter to Welldon.
(d) Widow Lackitt's romantic interest in Welldon.
5. Who says the following line: "So, Mrs. Lackitt, your Widowhood is waning apace?" in Act I, Scene I?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene II, who is the first speaker?
2. What does the line "poor Women be thought decaying and unfit/for the Town at One or Two and twenty" in Act I, Scene I mean exactly?
3. What does Welldon say to the widow's first suggestion of a husband for Lucy?
4. Why does the governor call on Imoinda in Act II, Scene III?
5. Why does Lucy exit in Act I, Scene I?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)