|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees with Oroonoko about Hottman Act III, Scene IV?
(d) Hottman himself.
2. What does Welldon say to the widow's first suggestion of a husband for Lucy?
(a) He says Lucy hates him.
(b) He says Lucy loves him.
(c) He says Lucy is conflicted.
(d) He says Lucy is considering it.
3. What does Aboan mean by the line: "...I see Love has your Heart, and takes up all your thoughts" in Act III, Scene II?
(a) That Oroonoko has never thought more clearly because of love.
(b) That Imoinda is not thinking clearly and is blinded by love.
(c) That Oroonoko's not thinking clearly and is blinded by love.
(d) That Imoinda has never thought more clearly because of love.
4. How does Welldon say he could cheat the widow?
(a) By striking a business deal with her.
(b) By having Lucy marry her son.
(c) By marrying her for her money.
(d) By marrying her daughter.
5. With whom is the governor in love with?
(b) Widow Lackitt.
(c) His slave, Clemene.
(d) Welldon's female self.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose has Blanford brought Aboan to Oroonoko?
2. What is the setting of the beginning of Act II, Scene III?
3. Who is the first character we are introduced to in the beginning of the play?
4. In Act III, Scene I, why does Aboan not want to trust Hottman just yet?
5. Who speaks the line "I am a better Christian, I thank you, than to keep it with a Heathen" in Act I, Scene II?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)