• Act I Scene I
• Lucy and Welldon are sisters who have traveled from London to Surinam on a husband hunt.
• All the young men in London have forgotten them and consider them to be too old.
• Welldon is actually disguised as a man so as to make a proper claim to property so that the two sisters will eventually have a good dowry.
• Widow Lackitt enters.
• The widow and Welldon are to enter into a business deal so Lucy exits to give the two room for discussion.
• The widow is not shy in her hints of interest towards Welldon and Welldon does not discourage her.
• Stanmore enters, taunting Widow Lackitt about her waning widowhood and recognizes that Welldon will soon have a line of women after him.
• The widow exits.
• Stanmore offers to help Welldon so that he will not be cheated by the widow.
• Welldon states...
This section contains 2,157 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)