* Act I Scene I
* Lucy and Welldon are sisters who have traveled from London to Surinam on a husband hunt.
* All the young men in London have forgotten them and consider them to be too old.
* Welldon is actually disguised as a man so as to make a proper claim to property so that the two sisters will eventually have a good dowry.
* Widow Lackitt enters.
* The widow and Welldon are to enter into a business deal so Lucy exits to give the two room for discussion.
* The widow is not shy in her hints of interest towards Welldon and Welldon does not discourage her.
* Stanmore enters, taunting Widow Lackitt about her waning widowhood and recognizes that Welldon will soon have a line of women after him.
* The widow exits.
* Stanmore offers to help Welldon so that he will not be cheated by the widow.
* Welldon states...
This section contains 1,960 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)