|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Orlando at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Orlando take to leave Turkey?
(a) A merchant ship.
(b) A horse.
(c) A car.
(d) A train.
3. What is the archduchess' name?
(a) Margaret O'Brien.
(b) Harriet Griselda.
(c) Favilla Grimditsch.
(d) Rosina Pepita.
4. What is the name of the Russian girl whom Orlando begins a scandalous affair with?
5. At what time does Orlando come out on his balcony to accept his reward at his banquet?
(b) 2 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orlando feel for the first time after waking from his deep sleep?
2. Where is Orlando assigned his ambassador position?
3. What does Orlando decide to do to his home in Chapter 2?
4. What does the poet who visits Orlando at his estate do to show his displeasure for Orlando's heroes?
5. What routine does Orlando develop at the place where he is sent after his affair with Sasha?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Orlando accepted by the public in Constantinople?
2. How does Orlando react to Nicolas Greene's satirical piece about him?
3. How does the author describe the nature of Orlando's hobby of reading in Chapter 2?
4. How is Orlando's work ethic as ambassador in Constantinople described?
5. Describe the actions of the three women who begin dancing around Orlando as he sleeps in Turkey.
6. How is Orlando described after he finishes his first bout of reclusion?
7. What is the nature of the diagnosis the doctor gives to Orlando in Chapter 2?
8. How does King James try to garner favor with the public after the Great Frost in Britain?
9. What does Orlando witness Sasha doing when he goes looking for her aboard her ship after she is gone over an hour?
10. What occurs after Orlando begins refurbishing his country estate?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)