|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Orlando's Russian lover's ship at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) It is mildly injured.
(b) It is sinking.
(c) It is demolished.
(d) It is unharmed.
2. Where does Orlando first spot the archduchess at his estate?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the pool.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. What kind of piece does Nicolas Greene write using Orlando as the main character?
4. What reward does the king give to Orlando while he is living in Turkey?
(a) The title of duke.
(b) The title of ambassador.
(c) The title of lord.
(d) The title of sir.
5. What does Orlando witness his Russian lover doing with a sailor when he finds her below deck on her ship?
(a) Kissing him.
(b) Sitting on his knee.
(c) Hitting him.
(d) Making love to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orlando become after being visited by the doctor that worries the people living with him?
2. What does the author say is Orlando's main hobby at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Who do the Turks rise against during Orlando's seventh day of slumber in Turkey?
4. What attribute does Orlando wonder he has obtained from an ancestor in the Crusades that reminds him of Turkish people?
5. What is the name of the person who takes over the throne after Queen Elizabeth and accepts Orlando back into the royal court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Turkey on the seventh day of Orlando's sleep in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Orlando lose interest in Favilla?
3. What does Orlando witness Sasha doing when he goes looking for her aboard her ship after she is gone over an hour?
4. How is John Briggs's recording of Orlando's banquet for becoming a duke described?
5. Why is Orlando unable to adapt to the gypsy way of life after going to live with them?
6. How does Orlando's writing style change after his second bout of reclusion?
7. How are Orlando's good looks that his family passed down to him described?
8. What punishment does the king give to Orlando after he ends his fling with Sasha?
9. What occurs after Orlando begins refurbishing his country estate?
10. How does Orlando react when he realizes he has been changed into a woman?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)