|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orlando treat his relationships with those who seek his friendship in Turkey?
2. What does Orlando see a gypsy sitting on underneath her window?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A pig.
(d) A dog.
3. What is the name of Orlando's most serious flame in the royal court who comes from a noble Irish family?
4. What happens that let the women dancing around a sleeping Orlando know that the truth has come?
(a) An explosion occurs.
(b) A bell rings.
(c) A trumpet blows.
(d) A light shines.
5. What royal does Orlando gain respect from while living in Turkey?
(a) King James.
(b) King Edward.
(c) King Charles.
(d) Queen Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do Orlando and the Russian girl he begins seeing both speak that makes them bond?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the women who danced around Orlando while he slept?
3. What does Orlando do after finishing his second bout of seclusion?
4. What is the name of the woman the Earl catches Orlando lying with just after his relationship with Queen Elizabeth turns sour?
5. What does Orlando sell to buy a ticket out of Turkey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Orlando's encounter with a Moor at the beginning of the book described?
2. What punishment does the king give to Orlando after he ends his fling with Sasha?
3. How does Queen Elizabeth show her affections for Orlando?
4. How does Orlando react when he realizes he has been changed into a woman?
5. How is John Briggs's recording of Orlando's banquet for becoming a duke described?
6. Why is Orlando unable to adapt to the gypsy way of life after going to live with them?
7. What does Orlando witness Sasha doing when he goes looking for her aboard her ship after she is gone over an hour?
8. Why does Orlando's relationship with Queen Elizabeth turn sour?
9. What reason does Orlando have for leaving Clorinda?
10. How is the atmosphere at Orlando's estate described during his banquet celebrating his dukedom?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)