|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orlando's Russian lover begin doing after he begins talking about death?
(a) Laughing at him.
(b) Getting closer to him.
(c) Distancing herself from him.
(d) Ignoring him completely.
2. Where is Orlando assigned his ambassador position?
3. What does the author reveal will not change again about Orlando after he awakes in Turkey?
(a) His mind.
(b) His sex.
(c) His looks.
(d) His age.
4. What is the name of the sweet religious girl Orlando begins seeing who does not like the sight of blood?
5. What does Orlando spend time staring at that makes her neglect her duties as a gypsy?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The ground.
(c) The mountain.
(d) The river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Orlando begins seeing who is from a poor family but has risen through the royal court because of her good looks?
2. What kind of phrase does Orlando whisper in his Russian lover's ear to signal their meeting at an Inn?
3. What does Orlando do after finishing his second bout of seclusion?
4. Where do Orlando and his Russian lover often make love?
5. What royal does Orlando gain respect from while living in Turkey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Orlando's work ethic as ambassador in Constantinople described?
2. How does King James try to garner favor with the public after the Great Frost in Britain?
3. Why does Orlando's relationship with Queen Elizabeth turn sour?
4. What reason does Orlando have for leaving Clorinda?
5. How does Orlando adapt to the Turkish lifestyle after moving to Constantinople?
6. What does Orlando do after he realizes he is in love with the archduchess at the end of Chapter 2?
7. Why is Orlando's affair with Sasha considered scandalous when it begins?
8. How is Orlando described after he finishes his first bout of reclusion?
9. Why does Orlando lose interest in Favilla?
10. Why is Orlando unable to adapt to the gypsy way of life after going to live with them?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)