|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What routine does Orlando develop at the place where he is sent after his affair with Sasha?
(a) Getting up at the same time every day.
(b) Combing his hair.
(c) Reading novels.
(d) Eating the same thing.
2. What does the poet who visits Orlando at his estate do to show his displeasure for Orlando's heroes?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Rolls his eyes.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Holds his tongue.
3. What is the name of the person who takes over the throne after Queen Elizabeth and accepts Orlando back into the royal court?
(a) King James.
(b) Queen Anne.
(c) King William.
(d) Queen Mary.
4. What is the name of the woman who records the events of Orlando's banquet from inside his house?
(a) Sukey O'Brien.
(b) Rosina Pepita.
(c) Penelope Hartopp.
(d) Clorinda Henry.
5. What does Orlando do the first time he sees the archduchess?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He speaks with her.
(d) He mocks her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orlando feel for the first time after waking from his deep sleep?
2. How long is Orlando's Russian lover missing when he decides to go looking for her on her ship?
3. Which of the following women does Orlando find NOT to be marriage material in the royal court?
4. What does Orlando's Russian lover begin doing after he begins talking about death?
5. Who does Orlando decide he should aim to please with his writing after finishing his second bout of seclusion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Orlando lose interest in Favilla?
2. Why does Orlando's relationship with Queen Elizabeth turn sour?
3. How is Orlando accepted by the public in Constantinople?
4. How does the author describe Penelope Hartopp's account of Orlando's banquet celebrating his dukedom?
5. What does Orlando witness Sasha doing when he goes looking for her aboard her ship after she is gone over an hour?
6. What happens in Turkey on the seventh day of Orlando's sleep in Chapter 3?
7. Why is Orlando's affair with Sasha considered scandalous when it begins?
8. How is Orlando's work ethic as ambassador in Constantinople described?
9. What happens when Orlando arrives at the inn to meet Sasha so they can run away together?
10. What does Orlando do after he realizes he is in love with the archduchess at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)