|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What world chess champion did the supercomputer Deep Blue defeat?
(a) Alexander Alekhine.
(b) Garry Kasparov.
(c) Willhelm Steinitz.
(d) Emanuel Lasker.
2. Where was Edmond Kirsch born?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
3. Where were the prince's and Valdespino's phones left in Chapter 45?
(a) In Valdespino's office.
(b) In the rectory.
(c) In the safe.
(d) In the prince's car.
4. To what page did Kirsch request the book of poetry be open and displayed in the basilica crypt?
5. What room number is printed on a sign above the entrance to Kirsch's lab?
(a) Room 7.
(b) Room 13.
(c) Room 24.
(d) Room 21.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the global organization endorsing a naturalistic worldview with no supernatural or mystical elements that boasted such members as Richard Dawkins and Margaret Downey, according to the narrator in Chapter 55?
2. What ominous Francoist symbol that echoed Nazi iconography is described on the iron gate in Chapter 86?
3. What were the drugs found in Kirsch's residence used to treat?
4. Who was the only person other than the prince who had the authority to erase a call from the palace?
5. What is the world headquarters for the Palmarian Church called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What statemend does Monica Martin make that endangers Langdon? Why?
2. What is Avila's connection to the Regent?
3. What happens to the Guardia Real agents in the Sagrada Família?
4. What is the significance of the quote over Kirsch's office door?
5. Why do Ambra and Langdon lose contact with Winston? How do they regain contact?
6. What does the Tandy TRS-80 represent?
7. How does Edmond Kirsch's mother's death play into his motivations as an adult?
8. How do Langdon and Ambra discern Kirsch's computer password?
9. How is the Sagrada Família described?
10. Why is Valdespino considered a suspect in Kirsch's murder?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)