|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Across what river does the Szechenyi Bridge stretch?
(a) The Danube River.
(b) The Seine River.
(c) The Rhine River.
(d) The Nile River.
2. What did Kirsch write on the business card he gave to Langdon and told him to give to any taxi driver after the presentation and they would know where to take him, in Chapter 9?
3. Where did Allamah Syed al-Fadl note the symbol on the Spaniard who abducted him?
(a) On his right palm.
(b) On his left palm.
(c) On his right shoulder.
(d) On his right thigh.
4. What test is described in Chapter 8 as a challenge to assess a machine's ability to behave in a way that is indistinguishable from a person?
(a) The Turing test.
(b) The Argon test.
(c) The Goell test.
(d) The Lamore test.
5. Where did Kirsch go to meet with religous leaders in the Prologue?
(a) The Sagrada Família.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Bilbao, Spain.
(d) Catalonia, Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the father of the heliocentric model?
2. What color was Edmund Kirsch's phone that Langdon took from his jacket?
3. Who promised Admiral Luis Avila that he would be admitted to the museum, according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
4. Where was the Spanish artist Maruja Mallo from?
5. On what highway was the Uber traveling toward Madrid that carried Avila in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Guardia Real?
2. How do Langdon and Ambra get to Barcelona after Kirsch's murder?
3. With whom is Edmond Kirsch meeting in the Prologue? Why?
4. Who was Francisco Franco?
5. What are Langdon's first impressions of Winston?
6. What clues do Langdon and Ambra have to go on regarding Kirsch's computer password?
7. Why did Ambra accept Julian's proposal? Why does she regret it?
8. How does Avila smuggle in the weapon he uses in the museum? What weapon is it?
9. What is "ConspiracyNet.com" and why is it important in the novel?
10. How does al-Fadl die?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)