Prologue - Chapter 6
• NOTE: Citations in this Lesson Plan refer to the following version of the book: Brown, Dan. Origin. Doubleday, Oct. 3, 2017. Kindle.
• Origin, by Dan Brown, is a thriller mystery novel and the fifth installment in Brown’s Robert Langdon series.
• The narrative of this novel is related from the perspective of a third-person, omniscient narrator in the past tense.
• The Prologue describes Edmond Kirsch, a renowned computer scientist, billionaire entrepreneur, and proclaimed atheist as he made his way to a meeting at Montserrat Abbey.
• Kirsch was presenting his most recent and greatest discovery to three representatives of the world’s most widespread religions. Kirsch knew that his discovery would cause outrage from the religiously faithful and he wanted to get the insight of these leaders before he made a formal public announcement.
• Kirsch was met by Bishop Antonio Valdespino of the Catholic Church, Rabbi Yehuda K...
This section contains 6,448 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)