|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Orientalism Now, Part IV: The Latest Phase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invented for himself the name of "stud. philol." in 1777 (131)?
(a) Henri Baudet.
(b) Henry Thomas Colebrooke.
(c) Friedrich August Wolf.
(d) Barthelemy d'Herbelot.
2. When was L'Avenir de la Science written?
3. When was the nation of Israel created?
4. When was The Romantic Agony published?
5. Who stated that "Despite the distraction of a great many vague desires, impulses, and images, the mind seems persistenly to formulate ... a science of the concrete" (53)?
(a) Gustave Dugat.
(b) Claude Levi-Strauss.
(c) Claude Levi-Strauss.
(d) Edgar Quinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote La Tentation de Saint Antoine?
2. Who wrote the two-volume logbook titled Ving-sept Ans d'Historie des Etudes Orientales?
3. Who wrote Historie des Orientalistes de 'Europe du XII au XIX?
4. The author asserts in Chapter 2, "I am interested in showing how modern Orientalism, unlike precolonial awareness of Dante and d'Herbelot, embodies a systematic discipline of" what (123)?
5. When was Reinhard Dozy born?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)