|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Orientalism Now, Part IV: The Latest Phase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the first installment of The Citizen of the World published?
2. The author asserts in Chapter 3 that in films and television " the Arab is associated either with lechery or" what (286)?
(b) "Bloodthirsty dishonesty."
(c) "Religous extremity."
3. Who wrote Voyage en Orient?
(a) Claude Levi-Strauss.
(c) Gerard de Nerval.
(d) Raymond Schwab.
4. Who is the author of Social Evolution, published in 1894?
(a) Henri Baudet.
(b) Benjamin Kidd.
(c) V. W. Richards.
(d) E. M. Forster.
5. How old was Silvestre de Sacy when he replaced Dacier as secretary of the Academie des Inscriptions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote The Citizen of the World?
2. When were the three volumes of Caussin de Perceval's Essai sur l'Historie des Arabes avant l"Islamisme, Pendant l"Epoque de Mahomet published?
3. Who invented for himself the name of "stud. philol." in 1777 (131)?
4. Who authored Didascalicon?
5. Who wrote the novel Tancred?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)