|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Orientalist Structures and Restructures, Part IV: Pilgrims and Pilgrimages, British and French.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Cuvier publish Le Regne Animal?
2. How much money was Lord Cromer given on July 30, 1907 as a retirement prize for what he had done in Egypt?
(a) 20,000 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) 100,000 pounds.
3. The author asserts in Chapter 1, "Orientalism is better grasped as a set of constraints upon and limitations of thought than it is simply as" what (42)?
(a) "A positive doctrine."
(b) "A negative doctrine."
(c) "An anti-Semitic rhetoric."
(d) "An anthropological endeavor."
4. Who wrote The Persians, which is the earliest Athenian play extant?
5. When did the French occupy Algiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of L'Ame Romantique et le Reve?
2. When did Reinhart Dozy die?
3. The author asserts in Chapter 2, "I am interested in showing how modern Orientalism, unlike precolonial awareness of Dante and d'Herbelot, embodies a systematic discipline of" what (123)?
4. Who is the author of Daniel Deronda?
5. Who wrote the novel Louis Lambert?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)