|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Conrad goes to visit a friend in the epilogue, where do they go?
2. Which word best describes Cal's performance in golf?
3. In chapter 19, Cal realizes that he worries about Conrad for what reason?
4. Who was with Jordan when the boat accident occurred?
5. What activity do Conrad and Jeanine participate in on their date?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of Jeanine's character in Conrad's development into a stronger and more independent character? What about the other secondary characters?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the events in "Ordinary People" are realistic, such as Conrad's reaction to Karen's death. What other elements of the novel are realistic? Analyze the realism in the novel and explain whether it is effective as a literary technique.
Essay Topic 3
Beth is a perfectionist, and Conrad is afraid to make mistakes. Describe the ways in which perfection is a major theme in the novel. Which characters strive for perfection? How does it affect their life and character development?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)