Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
2. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
3. What will Beth never forgive?
4. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
5. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
Essay Topic 1
What is the lowest point of Conrad's life in the novel? What is the highest point? Provide evidence from the novel to strengthen your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Conrad is obsessed with not failing. The other characters also have fears. Analyze the fears of three different characters. Why are these fears significant to the progression of the novel? Do their fears become obsessions? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the title "Ordinary People" relevant to the novel's content? Why do you think the novel is called "Ordinary People"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)