|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of feelings do Conrad and Jeanine share during their low point in life?
2. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
3. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
4. Where do Cal and Beth travel to in chapter 24?
5. What is the name of Beth's sister-in-law?
Essay Topic 1
Who is the protagonist of the novel? Who is the antagonist? How do both the protagonist and antagonist of "Ordinary People" contribute to the novel's conflict?
Essay Topic 2
Conrad feels that he has lost his identity after Jordan dies because he feels as if he needs to make up for the loss of Jordan. How does loss of identity tie into the novel as a theme? Analyze the other characters who have lost their identity.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters in "Ordinary People" feel guilty. For example, Conrad feels guilty over the death of his brother, Jordan. How is guilt one of the major themes in the novel? What characters experience guilt and why?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)