Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
2. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
3. What will Beth never forgive?
4. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
5. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
Essay Topic 1
Conrad has a flashback to Jordan's death after he reads about Karen's death. Why does the author include a flashback? Does it elicit a more emotional response from the reader than merely providing back story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the events in "Ordinary People" are realistic, such as Conrad's reaction to Karen's death. What other elements of the novel are realistic? Analyze the realism in the novel and explain whether it is effective as a literary technique.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship Cal and Beth have in the beginning of the novel with the relationship they have at the end. How does it change? How does it stay the same?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)