|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
2. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
3. In what way(s) do Conrad and Jeanine grow closer in chapter 30?
4. What does Conrad find when he gets home after his finals?
5. Who do Cal and Beth stay with when they travel together for a golf tournament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Conrad and Jeanine believe is the reason they got better?
2. Why does Conrad feel vulnerable after Karen's suicide?
3. Why does Conrad want to call Karen?
4. How does Conrad prove that he is strong in chapter 24?
5. Why is Cal surprised that Ray knows about his family's problems?
6. What does Beth do in chapter 23 to disturb Cal?
7. Why is Conrad angry at Jordan?
8. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
9. How does Conrad receive reassurance from Cal?
10. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conrad makes an appointment with Dr. Berger to continue treatment when he leaves the mental hospital. What role does Dr. Berger continue to play in Conrad's life? How does he help Conrad progress?
Essay Topic 2
How is the title "Ordinary People" relevant to the novel's content? Why do you think the novel is called "Ordinary People"?
Essay Topic 3
What is the lowest point of Conrad's life in the novel? What is the highest point? Provide evidence from the novel to strengthen your argument.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)