|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
2. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
3. What is the name of Cal's mentor in school?
4. Where did Cal and Beth go when Conrad was in the hospital?
5. What is Cal's plan when Beth leaves in chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beth do in chapter 23 to disturb Cal?
2. What do Conrad and Jeanine believe is the reason they got better?
3. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
4. How does Conrad feel after his date with Jeanine?
5. Why does Beth behave the way she does at dinner in chapter 29?
6. Describe the trip that Cal and Beth took to Spain.
7. Why is Cal surprised that Ray knows about his family's problems?
8. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
9. What does Karen's death force Conrad to do?
10. How has Conrad starting working to achieve his goals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conrad has a flashback to Jordan's death after he reads about Karen's death. Why does the author include a flashback? Does it elicit a more emotional response from the reader than merely providing back story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of Jeanine's character in Conrad's development into a stronger and more independent character? What about the other secondary characters?
Essay Topic 3
Conrad makes an appointment with Dr. Berger to continue treatment when he leaves the mental hospital. What role does Dr. Berger continue to play in Conrad's life? How does he help Conrad progress?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)