Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
2. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
3. What will Beth never forgive?
4. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
5. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, the focal point changes back and forth from Conrad to Cal. Why does Judith Guest switch back and forth between the two characters? Is this an effective technique used to tell the story?
Essay Topic 2
Cal and Conrad grow progressively closer throughout the novel. What are the steps in the development of their relationship? What is their relationship like at the end of the novel and why?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the events in "Ordinary People" are realistic, such as Conrad's reaction to Karen's death. What other elements of the novel are realistic? Analyze the realism in the novel and explain whether it is effective as a literary technique.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)