|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
2. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
3. What does Conrad find when he gets home after his finals?
4. How does Conrad's relationship with Jeanine appear at the end of the novel?
5. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
Essay Topic 1
Who is the protagonist of the novel? Who is the antagonist? How do both the protagonist and antagonist of "Ordinary People" contribute to the novel's conflict?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of Jeanine's character in Conrad's development into a stronger and more independent character? What about the other secondary characters?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Karen's death play in Conrad's life? How is Karen's death significant to the progression of the novel?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)