Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
2. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
3. What will Beth never forgive?
4. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
5. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, the focal point changes back and forth from Conrad to Cal. Why does Judith Guest switch back and forth between the two characters? Is this an effective technique used to tell the story?
Essay Topic 2
Which items in the novel are symbols? Consider Jordan's death, the mental hospital, Conrad's bumper stickers, and the swim team in your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of Jeanine's character in Conrad's development into a stronger and more independent character? What about the other secondary characters?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)