|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Beth angry while she and Cal are out together?
2. What doctor does Cal decide to see in chapter 17?
3. What group is Conrad a part of in school?
4. What does Conrad believe that a person's life can be summed up in?
5. Why breakthrough occurs in chapter 13 for Conrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Conrad's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
2. What is Cal's role in his family?
3. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
4. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
5. Why is Conrad angry at Jordan?
6. Why does Conrad visit Joe Lazenby in the Epilogue?
7. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
8. What does Beth do in chapter 23 to disturb Cal?
9. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
10. In chapter 19, Cal realizes why he is so worried about Conrad. What does he realize?
Essay Topic 1
How is the title "Ordinary People" relevant to the novel's content? Why do you think the novel is called "Ordinary People"?
Essay Topic 2
How is Conrad introduced? What elements does the author use to make Conrad seem realistic and likable?
Essay Topic 3
What is the lowest point of Conrad's life in the novel? What is the highest point? Provide evidence from the novel to strengthen your argument.
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)