|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth confront Conrad about in chapter 13?
2. What does Conrad believe that a person's life can be summed up in?
3. What age would Jordan have achieved, according to Cal?
4. Where does Lazenby invite Conrad?
5. When did Cal and Beth get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Conrad's feelings about getting a car for Christmas?
2. Why does Cal want to see Dr. Berger in chapter 17?
3. Why does Conrad have trouble sleeping after his pop quiz in trigonometry class?
4. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
5. In chapter 6, what do Cal and Beth fight about?
6. Why does Cal want to get Conrad a car for Christmas?
7. In chapter 14, what does Dr. Berger suggest the real problem is?
8. Looking at Beth's perfectionist personality, why does Conrad upset her so much?
9. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
10. Describe Cal's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conrad makes an appointment with Dr. Berger to continue treatment when he leaves the mental hospital. What role does Dr. Berger continue to play in Conrad's life? How does he help Conrad progress?
Essay Topic 2
What is the lowest point of Conrad's life in the novel? What is the highest point? Provide evidence from the novel to strengthen your argument.
Essay Topic 3
What role does Karen's death play in Conrad's life? How is Karen's death significant to the progression of the novel?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)