|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Conrad talk to about his dream?
2. Why do Conrad and Karen get together in Chapter 7?
3. What does Cal reflect on in chapter 6?
4. In chapter 14, how does Conrad feel about what he said to Beth?
5. What grade does Conrad get on his pop quiz?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was attention called to Conrad's issues before he went to the mental hospital?
2. What are Conrad's feelings about getting a car for Christmas?
3. In chapter 14, what does Dr. Berger suggest the real problem is?
4. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
5. The morning that the novel starts, what things does Conrad wonder?
6. What causes Conrad to worry about his ability to survive in chapter 7?
7. Looking at Beth's perfectionist personality, why does Conrad upset her so much?
8. Describe Conrad's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
9. What makes Cal think that Conrad is resuming a regular routine in chapter 1?
10. What makes Cal wonder why Conrad would ever want to kill himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Conrad introduced? What elements does the author use to make Conrad seem realistic and likable?
Essay Topic 2
How is the title "Ordinary People" relevant to the novel's content? Why do you think the novel is called "Ordinary People"?
Essay Topic 3
The novel's resolution occurs in the epilogue. What is the purpose of the epilogue in the novel? What resolution to the conflict does it offer?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)