Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the therapist say that Conrad needs to forgive?
2. What is the name of Conrad's therapist?
3. Why did Beth never visit Conrad when he was in the hospital?
4. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
5. In chapter 11, who does Beth have lunch with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Conrad prove that he is strong in chapter 24?
2. Describe Conrad's first date with Jeanine.
3. Which parent does Conrad fear most?
4. What are Cal's hopes for his vacation with Beth in Texas?
5. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
6. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
7. In chapter 19, Cal realizes why he is so worried about Conrad. What does he realize?
8. In chapter 6, what do Cal and Beth fight about?
9. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
10. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
Essay Topic 1
Which items in the novel are symbols? Consider Jordan's death, the mental hospital, Conrad's bumper stickers, and the swim team in your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the development of the three main characters: Conrad, Beth, and Cal. Compare and contrast each character from the novel's introduction to the epilogue. What changes? What do they learn?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of Jeanine's character in Conrad's development into a stronger and more independent character? What about the other secondary characters?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)