Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the therapist say that Conrad needs to forgive?
2. What is the name of Conrad's therapist?
3. Why did Beth never visit Conrad when he was in the hospital?
4. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
5. In chapter 11, who does Beth have lunch with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Conrad prove that he is strong in chapter 24?
2. Describe Conrad's first date with Jeanine.
3. Which parent does Conrad fear most?
4. What are Cal's hopes for his vacation with Beth in Texas?
5. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
6. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
7. In chapter 19, Cal realizes why he is so worried about Conrad. What does he realize?
8. In chapter 6, what do Cal and Beth fight about?
9. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
10. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
Essay Topic 1
Analyze cause and effect in the novel. For example, Karen's death causes Conrad to have an emotional breakthrough. Analyze at least three different causes and effects in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Beth is a perfectionist, and Conrad is afraid to make mistakes. Describe the ways in which perfection is a major theme in the novel. Which characters strive for perfection? How does it affect their life and character development?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the protagonist of the novel? Who is the antagonist? How do both the protagonist and antagonist of "Ordinary People" contribute to the novel's conflict?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)