|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 11, who does Beth have lunch with?
2. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
3. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
4. According to Conrad, what does Beth think of him?
5. Where is Conrad complimented?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
2. Why does Conrad have trouble sleeping after his pop quiz in trigonometry class?
3. How is Conrad's confidence boosted at the library?
4. What makes Cal wonder why Conrad would ever want to kill himself?
5. What are Conrad's feelings about getting a car for Christmas?
6. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
7. What makes Cal think that Conrad is resuming a regular routine in chapter 1?
8. What is Cal's role in his family?
9. How was attention called to Conrad's issues before he went to the mental hospital?
10. Describe Conrad's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conrad feels that he has lost his identity after Jordan dies because he feels as if he needs to make up for the loss of Jordan. How does loss of identity tie into the novel as a theme? Analyze the other characters who have lost their identity.
Essay Topic 2
How is Conrad introduced? What elements does the author use to make Conrad seem realistic and likable?
Essay Topic 3
How is the title "Ordinary People" relevant to the novel's content? Why do you think the novel is called "Ordinary People"?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)