|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conrad worried that his parents will do about his fight?
(a) Punish him.
(b) Take him to the mental hospital.
(c) Make him apologize.
(d) Make him join the swim team again.
2. What do Cal and his partner discuss at work?
(a) The new computers.
(b) Beth's family.
(c) Their new secretary.
(d) Conrad's stay at the mental hospital.
3. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
4. How does Beth behave toward Conrad when she returns from the trip?
(a) As if he was Jordan.
(b) More resentful than ever.
(c) Like the perfect mother.
(d) Very disrespectful.
5. Why does Conrad's therapist say that Conrad pushes himself down?
(a) Conrad doesn't connect with his own uniqueness.
(b) Conrad tries too hard to impress others.
(c) Conrad doesn't connect with Beth.
(d) Conrad tries too hard to keep his parents from worrying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beth leave without saying goodbye to?
2. What does Beth believe that Cal is obsessed with?
3. Which of the following best describes Conrad's life at the end of the novel?
4. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
5. What activity do Conrad and Jeanine participate in on their date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
2. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
3. Describe the progression of Jeanine and Conrad's relationship to chapter 30.
4. Why is Conrad angry at Jordan?
5. Why is Jeanine upset about her mom's guest?
6. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
7. When Cal and Beth are in Texas, why doesn't Beth discuss Conrad with her family?
8. What do Conrad and Jeanine believe is the reason they got better?
9. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
10. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)