|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cal plan to take time off work for?
(a) To travel to Spain.
(b) To spend time with Conrad.
(c) To compete in a golf tournament.
(d) To attend therapy sessions for the whole family.
2. What is the best way to describe Conrad's depression?
(a) He is manic depressive.
(b) He is numb.
(c) He is incredibly sad.
(d) He doesn't tell anybody about it.
3. What does Beth think Conrad was trying to do by attempting to commit suicide?
(a) Attack Cal.
(b) Embarrass Beth.
(c) Get attention that Beth was getting.
(d) Attack Beth.
4. In the epilogue, what has Conrad finished doing?
(a) Playing guitar.
(b) Seeing his therapist.
(c) Dating Jeanine.
5. What activity does Beth partake in when they are visiting family?
(a) Horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Conrad get into a physical fight with?
2. Who is rude to Conrad on the phone during his first phone call?
3. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
4. Why is Conrad so upset after his fight?
5. What word best describes Jeanine's behavior after her parents got divorced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beth do in chapter 23 to disturb Cal?
2. Describe Conrad's first date with Jeanine.
3. How does Conrad feel after his date with Jeanine?
4. Why is Cal surprised that Ray knows about his family's problems?
5. How does Conrad receive reassurance from Cal?
6. When and why did Arnold stop mentoring Cal?
7. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
8. How has Conrad starting working to achieve his goals?
9. Why doesn't Beth say goodbye to Conrad when she leaves?
10. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)