|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
(a) How they got better.
(b) How they can blend in with the rest of their classmates.
(c) Why parents don't understand teenagers.
(d) Why they felt the need to act out.
2. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
(a) A French film.
(b) A swim meet.
(c) A choir performance.
(d) A concert.
3. What will Beth never forgive?
(a) Conrad embarrassing her.
(b) Conrad and his attempt to kill himself.
(c) Conrad and the fact that Jordan died instead of him.
(d) Conrad manipulating his father.
4. How does Cal feel about the trip he takes with Beth?
5. In what way(s) do Conrad and Jeanine grow closer in chapter 30?
(b) Emotionally and physically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
2. Which word best describes Beth's behavior toward Conrad after the trip?
3. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
4. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
5. What comment from Beth causes Cal to drink too much when he is on vacation with Beth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Conrad angry at Jordan?
2. What does Karen's death force Conrad to do?
3. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
4. Describe Conrad's first date with Jeanine.
5. Why does Conrad feel vulnerable after Karen's suicide?
6. Why does Conrad visit Joe Lazenby in the Epilogue?
7. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
8. What do Conrad and Jeanine believe is the reason they got better?
9. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
10. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)