|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad's therapist tell him to do when he goes home after Karen's death?
(b) Talk to Jeanine.
(c) Write a letter to Karen's mom.
(d) Eat something.
2. What does Beth think Conrad was trying to do by attempting to commit suicide?
(a) Attack Beth.
(b) Get attention that Beth was getting.
(c) Embarrass Beth.
(d) Attack Cal.
3. What is the name of Beth's brother?
4. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) At home alone.
5. Who does Conrad call second when he gets home from his finals?
(a) Dr. Berger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal find that he wants to do after thinking about his mentor?
2. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
3. How does Conrad's relationship with Jeanine appear at the end of the novel?
4. Where did Cal and Beth go when Conrad was in the hospital?
5. What is Conrad's first final in chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
2. Why does Conrad want to call Karen?
3. How does Conrad prove that he is strong in chapter 24?
4. In chapter 19, Cal realizes why he is so worried about Conrad. What does he realize?
5. What does Karen's death force Conrad to do?
6. What do Conrad and Jeanine believe is the reason they got better?
7. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
8. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
9. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
10. Why doesn't Beth say goodbye to Conrad when she leaves?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)