|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Conrad call second when he gets home from his finals?
(b) Dr. Berger.
2. What emotion do Jeanine and Conrad share?
3. What does Cal plan to take time off work for?
(a) To travel to Spain.
(b) To compete in a golf tournament.
(c) To spend time with Conrad.
(d) To attend therapy sessions for the whole family.
4. What is the name of Cal's partner?
5. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
(a) Why parents don't understand teenagers.
(b) Why they felt the need to act out.
(c) How they can blend in with the rest of their classmates.
(d) How they got better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is rude to Conrad on the phone during his first phone call?
2. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
3. What does Conrad find when he gets home after his finals?
4. Who has Beth discussed personal affairs with in chapter 19?
5. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Cal's hopes for his vacation with Beth in Texas?
2. Describe Conrad's first date with Jeanine.
3. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
4. Why is Conrad angry at Jordan?
5. How has Conrad starting working to achieve his goals?
6. What do Conrad and Jeanine believe is the reason they got better?
7. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
8. Why does Conrad feel vulnerable after Karen's suicide?
9. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
10. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)