|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Conrad and Jeanine discuss on their date?
(a) Jeanine constantly babysitting her brother.
(b) Conrad's parents potentially divorcing.
(c) Jeanine's parents and their divorce.
(d) Conrad's suicide attempt.
2. When do Conrad and Jeanine agree to go out again?
3. What does Conrad find when he gets home after his finals?
(a) Cal is at home already.
(b) Jeanine is waiting for him there.
(c) Beth has left the family.
(d) Beth's bridge club.
4. Where do Cal and Beth travel to in chapter 24?
5. What is the name of Beth's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Conrad and Jeanine plan to do on their date in chapter 24?
2. How does Beth behave toward Conrad when she returns from the trip?
3. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
4. What is the name of Cal's partner?
5. How is Conrad doing on his own at the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
2. Why does Conrad visit Joe Lazenby in the Epilogue?
3. What does Beth do in chapter 23 to disturb Cal?
4. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
5. Describe Conrad's first date with Jeanine.
6. Why does Conrad want to call Karen?
7. Why doesn't Beth say goodbye to Conrad when she leaves?
8. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
9. When Cal and Beth are in Texas, why doesn't Beth discuss Conrad with her family?
10. When and why did Arnold stop mentoring Cal?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)