|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
(a) Jeanine's ex-boyfriend.
(b) Jeanine's mom.
(c) Jeanine's dad.
(d) Jeanine's mom and brother.
2. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
3. In chapter 19, Cal realizes that he worries about Conrad for what reason?
(a) He doesn't want to disconnect from his son.
(b) He doesn't think Conrad is ready to be out of the mental hospital.
(c) He wants to show Beth how to be there for Conrad.
(d) He doesn't want to miss the signs.
4. Who does Conrad get into a physical fight with?
5. Why is Conrad so upset after his fight?
(a) He will be punished by the school.
(b) He feels helpless.
(c) He wants to kill himself again.
(d) He lost control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Beth partake in when they are visiting family?
2. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
3. What is the name of Cal's partner?
4. How would Cal describe Beth in chapter 31?
5. How does Karen die?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Cal and Beth are in Texas, why doesn't Beth discuss Conrad with her family?
2. In chapter 19, Cal realizes why he is so worried about Conrad. What does he realize?
3. Why does Beth behave the way she does at dinner in chapter 29?
4. How does Conrad prove that he is strong in chapter 24?
5. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
6. What does Beth do in chapter 23 to disturb Cal?
7. Why does Conrad visit Joe Lazenby in the Epilogue?
8. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
9. When and why did Arnold stop mentoring Cal?
10. How does Conrad receive reassurance from Cal?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)