|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason do Cal and Beth travel in chapter 24?
(a) A lawyer's convention.
(b) Solely to visit family.
(c) A medical convention.
(d) A golf tournament.
2. Which of the following best describes Conrad's life at the end of the novel?
(a) In order.
(b) Dependent upon others.
(c) Straying from the course his therapist set out.
(d) Out of touch with reality.
3. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
4. What will Beth never forgive?
(a) Conrad embarrassing her.
(b) Conrad and the fact that Jordan died instead of him.
(c) Conrad and his attempt to kill himself.
(d) Conrad manipulating his father.
5. How is Conrad doing on his own at the end of the novel?
(a) He is very dependent.
(b) He has become attached to Jeanine.
(c) He is doing very well.
(d) He is doing very poorly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
2. Why does Conrad get into a fight?
3. What do Conrad and Jeanine plan to do on their date in chapter 24?
4. In what way(s) do Conrad and Jeanine grow closer in chapter 30?
5. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Conrad receive reassurance from Cal?
2. Which parent does Conrad fear most?
3. Why does Conrad feel vulnerable after Karen's suicide?
4. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
5. Why is Conrad so upset that he got in a fight?
6. How has Conrad starting working to achieve his goals?
7. Why is Jeanine upset about her mom's guest?
8. Why does Conrad visit Joe Lazenby in the Epilogue?
9. Why is Conrad angry at Jordan?
10. What does Beth do in chapter 23 to disturb Cal?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)