|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Conrad talk to after his final?
(d) His English teacher.
2. For how long do Cal and Beth fight when they both get back from the trip?
(a) One week.
(b) Four days.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several weeks.
3. How many days did it take to find Jordan's body?
4. What do Conrad and Jeanine discuss on their date?
(a) Jeanine's parents and their divorce.
(b) Conrad's parents potentially divorcing.
(c) Jeanine constantly babysitting her brother.
(d) Conrad's suicide attempt.
5. What does Cal plan to take time off work for?
(a) To travel to Spain.
(b) To attend therapy sessions for the whole family.
(c) To compete in a golf tournament.
(d) To spend time with Conrad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal tell Conrad about the fight he was in?
2. Which of the following best describes Conrad's life at the end of the novel?
3. Who was with Jordan when the boat accident occurred?
4. What comment from Conrad does Beth dismiss as disrespectful?
5. Where did Cal and Beth go when Conrad was in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Conrad's first date with Jeanine.
2. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
3. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
4. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
5. Why doesn't Beth say goodbye to Conrad when she leaves?
6. How does Conrad prove that he is strong in chapter 24?
7. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
8. What does Karen's death force Conrad to do?
9. How does Conrad feel after his date with Jeanine?
10. What are Cal's hopes for his vacation with Beth in Texas?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)