|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Cal describe Beth in chapter 31?
(a) An uncaring mother.
(b) Deliberately distant.
(c) A taker.
(d) An emotional cripple.
2. What activity do Conrad and Jeanine participate in on their date?
(a) Seeing a movie.
(d) Arcade games.
3. Why does Cal's mentor write him off?
(a) He moved too far away.
(b) He married Beth.
(c) He changed his major in college.
(d) He had a son.
4. What is the name of Beth's sister-in-law?
5. When Conrad goes to visit a friend in the epilogue, where do they go?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To play golf.
(c) To an arcade.
(d) To go bowling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
2. Where did Cal and Beth go when Conrad was in the hospital?
3. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
4. What does Cal tell Conrad about the fight he was in?
5. What is the name of Beth's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conrad want to call Karen?
2. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
3. Why is Conrad angry at Jordan?
4. What are Cal's hopes for his vacation with Beth in Texas?
5. How has Conrad starting working to achieve his goals?
6. Why is Conrad so upset that he got in a fight?
7. Why doesn't Beth say goodbye to Conrad when she leaves?
8. Why does Conrad feel vulnerable after Karen's suicide?
9. When Cal and Beth are in Texas, why doesn't Beth discuss Conrad with her family?
10. How does Conrad feel after his date with Jeanine?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)