|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Conrad home after they find him walking the streets at night?
(a) Jeanine's mom.
(d) A police officer.
2. Why does Cal's mentor write him off?
(a) He had a son.
(b) He moved too far away.
(c) He married Beth.
(d) He changed his major in college.
3. What is Conrad worried that his parents will do about his fight?
(a) Make him apologize.
(b) Make him join the swim team again.
(c) Take him to the mental hospital.
(d) Punish him.
4. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
5. After hearing about Karen's death, about what does Conrad dream?
(a) Being buried alive.
(b) Being trapped in a tunnel.
(d) Hospital treatments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of interaction do Beth and Cal have on the way home from their vacation?
2. In the epilogue, what has Conrad finished doing?
3. What comment from Beth causes Cal to drink too much when he is on vacation with Beth?
4. What emotion do Jeanine and Conrad share?
5. In chapter 19, Cal realizes that he worries about Conrad for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
2. How does Conrad prove that he is strong in chapter 24?
3. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
4. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
5. When Cal and Beth are in Texas, why doesn't Beth discuss Conrad with her family?
6. When and why did Arnold stop mentoring Cal?
7. What are Cal's hopes for his vacation with Beth in Texas?
8. How does Conrad receive reassurance from Cal?
9. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
10. Which parent does Conrad fear most?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)