|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad get from Cal after they talk about the fight?
(a) A bandage.
(b) A sense of pride.
(c) Fighting tips.
2. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
(a) A choir performance.
(b) A French film.
(c) A swim meet.
(d) A concert.
3. How does Conrad's relationship with Jeanine appear at the end of the novel?
(a) They are getting married.
(b) The relationship isn't mentioned.
(c) They are constantly fighting.
(d) They are no longer together.
4. What emotion do Jeanine and Conrad share?
5. What is Cal's plan when Beth leaves in chapter 31?
(a) To sell the house.
(b) To take Conrad out of school.
(c) To put Conrad back in the mental hospital.
(d) To move to Europe with Conrad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cal and Beth travel to in chapter 24?
2. Which word best describes Cal's performance in golf?
3. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
4. Why does Cal's mentor write him off?
5. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Conrad receive reassurance from Cal?
2. What does Karen's death force Conrad to do?
3. Why is Conrad angry at Jordan?
4. What are Cal's hopes for his vacation with Beth in Texas?
5. How has Conrad starting working to achieve his goals?
6. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
7. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
8. Which parent does Conrad fear most?
9. Why does Conrad want to call Karen?
10. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)