|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best way to describe Conrad's depression?
(a) He is incredibly sad.
(b) He is manic depressive.
(c) He doesn't tell anybody about it.
(d) He is numb.
2. After hearing about Karen's death, about what does Conrad dream?
(a) Being buried alive.
(b) Being trapped in a tunnel.
(c) Hospital treatments.
3. Which of the following best describes Conrad's life at the end of the novel?
(a) Dependent upon others.
(b) Out of touch with reality.
(c) Straying from the course his therapist set out.
(d) In order.
4. What emotion do Jeanine and Conrad share?
5. What does Conrad's therapist tell him to do when he goes home after Karen's death?
(b) Write a letter to Karen's mom.
(c) Talk to Jeanine.
(d) Eat something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal plan to take time off work for?
2. In chapter 19, Cal realizes that he worries about Conrad for what reason?
3. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
4. In what way(s) do Conrad and Jeanine grow closer in chapter 30?
5. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beth behave the way she does at dinner in chapter 29?
2. Describe the progression of Jeanine and Conrad's relationship to chapter 30.
3. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
4. In chapter 19, Cal realizes why he is so worried about Conrad. What does he realize?
5. Why is Conrad angry at Jordan?
6. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
7. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
8. Why doesn't Beth say goodbye to Conrad when she leaves?
9. When Cal and Beth are in Texas, why doesn't Beth discuss Conrad with her family?
10. Why is Cal surprised that Ray knows about his family's problems?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)