|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Conrad's therapist say that Conrad pushes himself down?
(a) Conrad doesn't connect with his own uniqueness.
(b) Conrad tries too hard to keep his parents from worrying.
(c) Conrad tries too hard to impress others.
(d) Conrad doesn't connect with Beth.
2. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
(a) Jeanine's mom.
(b) Jeanine's mom and brother.
(c) Jeanine's ex-boyfriend.
(d) Jeanine's dad.
3. What do Conrad and Jeanine discuss on their date?
(a) Jeanine's parents and their divorce.
(b) Conrad's parents potentially divorcing.
(c) Conrad's suicide attempt.
(d) Jeanine constantly babysitting her brother.
4. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
(a) They were forced into marriage in the first place.
(b) Financial issues.
(c) Her mom had an affair.
(d) Her dad had an affair.
5. What launches Conrad's introspection in chapter 27?
(a) His date with Jeanine.
(b) Cal and Beth's vacation.
(c) Karen's death.
(d) Beth yelling at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Conrad home after they find him walking the streets at night?
2. What does Beth think Conrad was trying to do by attempting to commit suicide?
3. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
4. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
5. Where did Cal and Beth go when Conrad was in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beth do in chapter 23 to disturb Cal?
2. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
3. Why is Cal surprised that Ray knows about his family's problems?
4. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
5. Why does Conrad feel vulnerable after Karen's suicide?
6. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
7. Why does Beth behave the way she does at dinner in chapter 29?
8. When and why did Arnold stop mentoring Cal?
9. How does Conrad prove that he is strong in chapter 24?
10. Describe the progression of Jeanine and Conrad's relationship to chapter 30.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)