|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad feel responsible for?
(a) The relationship between Cal and Beth.
(b) Jordan's death.
(c) Beth's depression.
(d) Karen's death.
2. Who does Conrad get into a physical fight with?
3. What does Conrad's therapist tell him to do when he goes home after Karen's death?
(a) Eat something.
(b) Talk to Jeanine.
(d) Write a letter to Karen's mom.
4. How does Conrad's relationship with Jeanine appear at the end of the novel?
(a) The relationship isn't mentioned.
(b) They are no longer together.
(c) They are getting married.
(d) They are constantly fighting.
5. What is the name of Cal's mentor in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
2. What comment from Beth causes Cal to drink too much when he is on vacation with Beth?
3. What does Beth think Conrad was trying to do by attempting to commit suicide?
4. What comment from Conrad does Beth dismiss as disrespectful?
5. After hearing about Karen's death, about what does Conrad dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the trip that Cal and Beth took to Spain.
2. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
3. Why does Conrad want to call Karen?
4. How does Conrad feel after his date with Jeanine?
5. Which parent does Conrad fear most?
6. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
7. Describe the progression of Jeanine and Conrad's relationship to chapter 30.
8. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
9. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
10. Why does Conrad visit Joe Lazenby in the Epilogue?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)