|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cal's mentor write him off?
(a) He changed his major in college.
(b) He married Beth.
(c) He moved too far away.
(d) He had a son.
2. Which word best describes Beth's behavior toward Conrad after the trip?
3. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
(a) Why they felt the need to act out.
(b) Why parents don't understand teenagers.
(c) How they can blend in with the rest of their classmates.
(d) How they got better.
4. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
(a) Cotton candy.
(c) Chinese food.
5. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
(a) A concert.
(b) A French film.
(c) A swim meet.
(d) A choir performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
2. Where does Conrad fall asleep after his fight?
3. What type of interaction do Beth and Cal have on the way home from their vacation?
4. What word best describes Jeanine's behavior after her parents got divorced?
5. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Conrad receive reassurance from Cal?
2. When and why did Arnold stop mentoring Cal?
3. What are Cal's hopes for his vacation with Beth in Texas?
4. In chapter 19, Cal realizes why he is so worried about Conrad. What does he realize?
5. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
6. Why is Conrad so upset that he got in a fight?
7. Why is Cal surprised that Ray knows about his family's problems?
8. Why is Conrad angry at Jordan?
9. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
10. Describe the trip that Cal and Beth took to Spain.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)