|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
(a) A fixer.
(b) Not a giver.
(c) A taker.
(d) Not a sharer.
2. What does Conrad's therapist tell him to do when he goes home after Karen's death?
(b) Eat something.
(c) Write a letter to Karen's mom.
(d) Talk to Jeanine.
3. Which word best describes Cal's performance in golf?
4. What activity does Beth partake in when they are visiting family?
(b) Horseback riding.
5. What word best describes the way Conrad feels he needs to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Conrad get into a physical fight with?
2. What is the name of Beth's brother?
3. What does Beth decide to do in chapter 31?
4. Who does Beth leave without saying goodbye to?
5. What launches Conrad's introspection in chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
2. How does Conrad receive reassurance from Cal?
3. What does Karen's death force Conrad to do?
4. When and why did Arnold stop mentoring Cal?
5. How has Conrad starting working to achieve his goals?
6. Why is Jeanine upset about her mom's guest?
7. Why does Conrad visit Joe Lazenby in the Epilogue?
8. Describe the progression of Jeanine and Conrad's relationship to chapter 30.
9. When Cal and Beth are in Texas, why doesn't Beth discuss Conrad with her family?
10. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)