|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was with Jordan when the boat accident occurred?
2. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
(a) Jordan's death.
(b) Jordan's accomplishments.
(c) Cal and Beth's relationship.
(d) Conrad's suicide attempt.
3. How does Cal feel about the trip he takes with Beth?
4. Which of the following best describes Conrad's life at the end of the novel?
(a) Out of touch with reality.
(b) Straying from the course his therapist set out.
(c) In order.
(d) Dependent upon others.
5. What is Beth doing while Cal talks to Conrad about his fight?
(a) Working on a project.
(b) Having dinner with Nancy.
(d) Playing golf.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long do Cal and Beth fight when they both get back from the trip?
2. How many days did it take to find Jordan's body?
3. In chapter 31, what does Cal want Beth to do?
4. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
5. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
2. How does Conrad receive reassurance from Cal?
3. Which parent does Conrad fear most?
4. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
5. Why does Conrad feel vulnerable after Karen's suicide?
6. When Cal and Beth are in Texas, why doesn't Beth discuss Conrad with her family?
7. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
8. Why does Conrad want to call Karen?
9. Why is Cal surprised that Ray knows about his family's problems?
10. What does Karen's death force Conrad to do?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)