|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way(s) do Conrad and Jeanine grow closer in chapter 30?
(b) Emotionally and physically.
2. When do Conrad and Jeanine agree to go out again?
3. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
(a) A swim meet.
(b) A French film.
(c) A concert.
(d) A choir performance.
4. How does Cal feel about the trip he takes with Beth?
5. What does Conrad's therapist tell him to do when he goes home after Karen's death?
(b) Write a letter to Karen's mom.
(c) Eat something.
(d) Talk to Jeanine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beth behave toward Conrad when she returns from the trip?
2. What type of interaction do Beth and Cal have on the way home from their vacation?
3. What does Conrad feel responsible for?
4. What word best describes the way Conrad feels he needs to be?
5. What is Conrad worried that his parents will do about his fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
2. When and why did Arnold stop mentoring Cal?
3. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
4. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
5. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
6. How does Conrad feel after his date with Jeanine?
7. What do Conrad and Jeanine believe is the reason they got better?
8. Why is Cal surprised that Ray knows about his family's problems?
9. Why does Beth behave the way she does at dinner in chapter 29?
10. What does Karen's death force Conrad to do?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)