|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beth behave toward Conrad when she returns from the trip?
(a) More resentful than ever.
(b) As if he was Jordan.
(c) Very disrespectful.
(d) Like the perfect mother.
2. What do Conrad and Jeanine plan to do on their date in chapter 24?
(a) Go to a concert.
(b) Go bowling.
(c) See a movie.
(d) Play soccer.
3. Where does Conrad pick up Jeanine for a date in chapter 24?
(a) At her house.
(b) At school.
(c) At her work.
(d) At choir practice.
4. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
(a) A taker.
(b) Not a sharer.
(c) Not a giver.
(d) A fixer.
5. How does Conrad's relationship with Jeanine appear at the end of the novel?
(a) They are no longer together.
(b) They are getting married.
(c) They are constantly fighting.
(d) The relationship isn't mentioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Beth's brother?
2. What comment from Conrad does Beth dismiss as disrespectful?
3. Which word best describes Cal's performance in golf?
4. What is Cal's plan when Beth leaves in chapter 31?
5. Why does Conrad get into a fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
2. Why doesn't Beth say goodbye to Conrad when she leaves?
3. How does Conrad prove that he is strong in chapter 24?
4. Why does Beth behave the way she does at dinner in chapter 29?
5. Why does Conrad visit Joe Lazenby in the Epilogue?
6. What do Conrad and Jeanine believe is the reason they got better?
7. Why does Conrad want to call Karen?
8. What does Karen's death force Conrad to do?
9. What does Beth do in chapter 23 to disturb Cal?
10. Describe the trip that Cal and Beth took to Spain.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)