|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Cal's performance in golf?
2. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
(a) A French film.
(b) A concert.
(c) A swim meet.
(d) A choir performance.
3. What types of feelings do Conrad and Jeanine share during their low point in life?
4. What do Cal and Beth argue about while they are on their trip?
(a) Next year's vacation.
(b) Beth leaving on her own to travel the world.
(c) Whether or not Conrad needs to be punished.
(d) Where to send Conrad for college.
5. Who does Conrad visit at the end of the novel?
(c) Karen's mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Conrad's first final in chapter 18?
2. What do Cal and his partner discuss at work?
3. What is Cal's plan when Beth leaves in chapter 31?
4. For what reason do Cal and Beth travel in chapter 24?
5. What is the name of Cal's mentor in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conrad want to call Karen?
2. Why does Beth behave the way she does at dinner in chapter 29?
3. How has Conrad starting working to achieve his goals?
4. Describe the trip that Cal and Beth took to Spain.
5. Describe Conrad's life at the end of the novel.
6. Why is Jeanine upset about her mom's guest?
7. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
8. Describe Conrad's first date with Jeanine.
9. What are Cal's hopes for his vacation with Beth in Texas?
10. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)