|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conrad worried that his parents will do about his fight?
(a) Take him to the mental hospital.
(b) Make him apologize.
(c) Punish him.
(d) Make him join the swim team again.
2. What is Conrad's first final in chapter 18?
3. What does Cal plan to take time off work for?
(a) To compete in a golf tournament.
(b) To attend therapy sessions for the whole family.
(c) To travel to Spain.
(d) To spend time with Conrad.
4. What type of interaction do Beth and Cal have on the way home from their vacation?
(b) Talking about what to do with Conrad.
(d) Talking about a trip for Beth to take alone.
5. Who does Conrad talk to after his final?
(c) His English teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Cal and Beth go when Conrad was in the hospital?
2. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
3. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
4. How many days did it take to find Jordan's body?
5. What is Cal's plan when Beth leaves in chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beth behave the way she does at dinner in chapter 29?
2. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
3. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
4. Why will Beth never forgive Conrad?
5. Why doesn't Beth want to see a counselor?
6. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
7. How does Conrad feel after his date with Jeanine?
8. Why doesn't Beth say goodbye to Conrad when she leaves?
9. When Cal and Beth are in Texas, why doesn't Beth discuss Conrad with her family?
10. Why is Cal surprised that Ray knows about his family's problems?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)