|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group or event does Conrad want to quit?
(a) Going to counseling.
(b) Swim team.
(d) High school.
2. How does Conrad feel about Cal's Christmas gift?
3. What does Conrad wait to do after the other boys are done?
(b) Dive into the pool.
(c) Change clothes.
(d) Leave the locker room.
4. In Conrad's dream, what is he trapped in?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A tunnel.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A cave.
5. What does Conrad believe that a person's life can be summed up in?
(a) A poem.
(b) A bumper sticker.
(c) A classified advertisement.
(d) A song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
2. What is Cal afraid of after Conrad gets his present?
3. A test in what class upset Conrad the year before?
4. Who does Cal have lunch with in chapter 11?
5. What is Conrad's reaction to hearing his classmates taunt him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
2. How is Conrad's confidence boosted at the library?
3. What causes Conrad to worry about his ability to survive in chapter 7?
4. Describe Beth's attitude toward Cal and Conrad in chapter 6.
5. What makes Cal wonder why Conrad would ever want to kill himself?
6. Looking at Beth's perfectionist personality, why does Conrad upset her so much?
7. What does Conrad's dream of being confined in a tunnel represent?
8. Describe Conrad's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
9. Describe Cal's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
10. Why does Cal want to see Dr. Berger in chapter 17?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)