|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth confront Conrad about in chapter 13?
(a) Dating Jeanine.
(b) Joining choir team.
(c) Ending a friendship with Karen.
(d) Quitting the swim team.
2. What word best describes the meeting between Conrad and Karen?
3. Who confronts Conrad about quitting the swim team?
(d) Dr. Berger.
4. What marks Conrad's happiest time in the novel?
(a) Spending time at the library.
(d) Choir practice.
5. Why breakthrough occurs in chapter 13 for Conrad?
(a) He spends time with Cal.
(b) He reveals his emotions.
(c) He is excited about something.
(d) He finally speaks to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doctor does Cal decide to see in chapter 17?
2. What is the name of the wife of Cal's partner's?
3. What does Cal believe his role is in the family?
4. What is Conrad's excuse for not going with Lazenby?
5. What does Cal want to believe?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Conrad, how does Beth feel about him?
2. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
3. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
4. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
5. Why does Conrad have trouble sleeping after his pop quiz in trigonometry class?
6. What does Conrad's dream of being confined in a tunnel represent?
7. In chapter 14, what does Dr. Berger suggest the real problem is?
8. What makes Cal wonder why Conrad would ever want to kill himself?
9. Looking at Beth's perfectionist personality, why does Conrad upset her so much?
10. How is Conrad's confidence boosted at the library?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)