|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Conrad's brother?
2. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
(a) To make amends with Karen.
(b) To go to the movies with Jeanine.
(c) To make amends with Beth.
(d) To get a job.
3. What marks Conrad's happiest time in the novel?
(a) Spending time at the library.
(b) Choir practice.
4. Where does Lazenby invite Conrad?
(a) To go for a drive.
(b) To go to the gym.
(c) To see a movie.
(d) To go get a soda.
5. Which of the following is Conrad's third goal?
(a) To find more friends.
(b) To go to the movies with Lazenby.
(c) To talk to Cal.
(d) To get in a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
2. What is Cal's Christmas present?
3. In chapter 14, how does Conrad feel about what he said to Beth?
4. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
5. What does Conrad worry about after his meeting with Karen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 14, what does Dr. Berger suggest the real problem is?
2. What are Conrad's feelings about getting a car for Christmas?
3. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
4. Describe Conrad's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
5. How does chapter 13 represent a breakthrough for Conrad and his family?
6. What makes Cal wonder why Conrad would ever want to kill himself?
7. The morning that the novel starts, what things does Conrad wonder?
8. Why does Conrad have trouble sleeping after his pop quiz in trigonometry class?
9. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
10. Why does Cal want to get Conrad a car for Christmas?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)