|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A test in what class upset Conrad the year before?
2. According to Conrad, what does Beth think of him?
(a) She hates that he isn't a jock.
(b) She can't forgive him for Jordan's death.
(c) She can't forgive him for attempting to commit suicide.
(d) She wishes he were back in the hospital.
3. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
(a) To make amends with Karen.
(b) To go to the movies with Jeanine.
(c) To get a job.
(d) To make amends with Beth.
4. What word best describes the meeting between Conrad and Karen?
5. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
(a) His brother had a bad influence on him.
(b) He attempted suicide.
(c) His mom couldn't stand to be around his moping.
(d) He tried to hurt a classmate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Conrad go to therapy?
2. Why did Beth never visit Conrad when he was in the hospital?
3. What group or event does Conrad want to quit?
4. Who confronts Conrad about quitting the swim team?
5. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Conrad tell anybody that he has quit the swim team?
2. Describe Cal's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
3. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
4. How was attention called to Conrad's issues before he went to the mental hospital?
5. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
6. In chapter 14, what does Dr. Berger suggest the real problem is?
7. Describe Beth's attitude toward Cal and Conrad in chapter 6.
8. Why does Conrad have trouble sleeping after his pop quiz in trigonometry class?
9. Why does Cal want to get Conrad a car for Christmas?
10. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)