|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
(a) Dr. Berger.
2. What group is Conrad a part of in school?
(a) Debate team.
(c) Honors courses.
3. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
(a) He brings her mood down.
(b) He doesn't have the same interests.
(c) He reminds her of the hospital.
(d) She wants to go back to the hospital.
4. What marks Conrad's happiest time in the novel?
(c) Spending time at the library.
(d) Choir practice.
5. Where does Lazenby invite Conrad?
(a) To see a movie.
(b) To go to the gym.
(c) To go for a drive.
(d) To go get a soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Conrad complimented?
2. What group or event does Conrad want to quit?
3. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 3?
4. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
5. In Conrad's dream, what is he trapped in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Beth's attitude toward Cal and Conrad in chapter 6.
2. What causes Conrad to worry about his ability to survive in chapter 7?
3. Looking at Beth's perfectionist personality, why does Conrad upset her so much?
4. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
5. What does Conrad's dream of being confined in a tunnel represent?
6. How does chapter 13 represent a breakthrough for Conrad and his family?
7. Why does Cal want to see Dr. Berger in chapter 17?
8. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
9. The morning that the novel starts, what things does Conrad wonder?
10. How is Conrad's confidence boosted at the library?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)