|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Conrad complimented?
(d) Movie theater.
2. What is Conrad's only escape?
(d) His car.
3. How did Conrad's brother die?
(a) Sailing accident.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Swimming accident.
4. What is Conrad's reaction to hearing his classmates taunt him?
(a) He quits choir.
(b) He quits the swim team.
(c) He runs home from school.
(d) He runs to see his therapist.
5. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
(a) His brother had a bad influence on him.
(b) His mom couldn't stand to be around his moping.
(c) He tried to hurt a classmate.
(d) He attempted suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrad worry about after his meeting with Karen?
2. Why did Beth never visit Conrad when he was in the hospital?
3. What is the best word to describe Beth?
4. What does Cal reflect on in chapter 6?
5. What makes Beth angry while she and Cal are out together?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 14, what does Dr. Berger suggest the real problem is?
2. Why does Cal want to get Conrad a car for Christmas?
3. How does chapter 13 represent a breakthrough for Conrad and his family?
4. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
5. What does Conrad use as an excuse to quit the swim team?
6. How does Conrad feel he has let Beth down?
7. What is Cal's role in his family?
8. What makes Cal think that Conrad is resuming a regular routine in chapter 1?
9. Why does Cal want to see Dr. Berger in chapter 17?
10. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)