|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade does Conrad get on his pop quiz?
2. Which of the following is Conrad's second goal?
(a) To get more exercise.
(b) To get his bumper sticker collection back.
(c) To quit going to therapy.
(d) To write more poetry.
3. What is Conrad's reaction to hearing his classmates taunt him?
(a) He runs to see his therapist.
(b) He quits the swim team.
(c) He runs home from school.
(d) He quits choir.
4. What doctor does Cal decide to see in chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Shepherd.
(c) Dr. Berger.
(d) Dr. Angula.
5. What tells Cal that Conrad's suicide attempt was serious?
(a) The location Conrad attempted suicide.
(b) The direction of the cuts on his body.
(c) The therapist's assessment.
(d) The letter Conrad wrote to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Conrad ride to school with in chapter 3?
2. How long did Conrad spend in the hospital?
3. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
4. What does Cal believe his responsibility is?
5. In chapter 11, who does Beth have lunch with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
2. Why does Cal want to get Conrad a car for Christmas?
3. Why doesn't Conrad tell anybody that he has quit the swim team?
4. How is Conrad's confidence boosted at the library?
5. What makes Cal think that Conrad is resuming a regular routine in chapter 1?
6. What does Conrad's dream of being confined in a tunnel represent?
7. What are Conrad's feelings about getting a car for Christmas?
8. How was attention called to Conrad's issues before he went to the mental hospital?
9. What is Cal's role in his family?
10. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)