|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tells Cal that Conrad's suicide attempt was serious?
(a) The therapist's assessment.
(b) The letter Conrad wrote to him.
(c) The direction of the cuts on his body.
(d) The location Conrad attempted suicide.
2. What group is Conrad a part of in school?
(b) Debate team.
(c) Honors courses.
3. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
(a) He doesn't have the same interests.
(b) She wants to go back to the hospital.
(c) He reminds her of the hospital.
(d) He brings her mood down.
4. What word best describes the meeting between Conrad and Karen?
5. Which of the following is Conrad's third goal?
(a) To talk to Cal.
(b) To get in a fight.
(c) To go to the movies with Lazenby.
(d) To find more friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group or event does Conrad want to quit?
2. Since Conrad had a dream about being confined, what can he no longer do peacefully?
3. What kind of memory does Conrad have when he asks out a girl to go on a date?
4. What does Conrad wait to do after the other boys are done?
5. What is Conrad's reaction to hearing his classmates taunt him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Conrad's run-in with Joe Lazenby after Conrad has quit the swim team.
2. What causes Conrad to worry about his ability to survive in chapter 7?
3. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
4. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
5. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
6. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
7. Why does Cal want to see Dr. Berger in chapter 17?
8. How is Conrad's confidence boosted at the library?
9. What causes Conrad to have his first pleasant memory about Jordan?
10. How was attention called to Conrad's issues before he went to the mental hospital?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)