|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad wait to do after the other boys are done?
(a) Change clothes.
(b) Leave the locker room.
(d) Dive into the pool.
2. What is Conrad's reaction to hearing his classmates taunt him?
(a) He quits choir.
(b) He quits the swim team.
(c) He runs home from school.
(d) He runs to see his therapist.
3. What does Cal reflect on in chapter 6?
(a) His mentor in medical school.
(b) His own stay at a mental hospital.
(c) His own therapist.
(d) His mentor in law school.
4. A test in what class upset Conrad the year before?
5. How does Conrad describe being on the swim team?
(b) Confidence boosting.
(c) Time consuming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal realize about his family while they celebrate Christmas?
2. At school, what is Conrad overwhelmed by?
3. What grade does Conrad get on his pop quiz?
4. How did Conrad's brother die?
5. When did Cal and Beth get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Conrad's dream of being confined in a tunnel represent?
2. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
3. How was attention called to Conrad's issues before he went to the mental hospital?
4. What makes Cal think that Conrad is resuming a regular routine in chapter 1?
5. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
6. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
7. Why doesn't Conrad tell anybody that he has quit the swim team?
8. In chapter 14, what does Dr. Berger suggest the real problem is?
9. Describe Conrad's run-in with Joe Lazenby after Conrad has quit the swim team.
10. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)