|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Conrad had a dream about being confined, what can he no longer do peacefully?
(b) Wake up.
2. What does Cal believe his responsibility is?
(a) To get the whole family into therapy.
(b) To keep his family happy.
(c) To find a way to make the family a complete unit again.
(d) To teach Beth to love Conrad again.
3. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
(a) The cause of Jordan's death.
(b) Going to London.
(c) Going to her parent's house.
(d) Putting Conrad back in the mental hospital.
4. Who confronts Conrad about quitting the swim team?
(d) Dr. Berger.
5. What is Conrad's only escape?
(a) His car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beth envious of?
2. Why does Cal believe that suicide doesn't seem like something Conrad would do?
3. What is the best word to describe Beth?
4. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
5. Why doesn't Conrad tell Cal about quitting the team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conrad have trouble sleeping after his pop quiz in trigonometry class?
2. How is Conrad's confidence boosted at the library?
3. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
4. According to Conrad, how does Beth feel about him?
5. What is Cal's role in his family?
6. How does Conrad feel he has let Beth down?
7. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
8. Describe Cal's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
9. Why does Cal want to see Dr. Berger in chapter 17?
10. Why doesn't Conrad tell anybody that he has quit the swim team?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)