|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conrad's excuse for not going with Lazenby?
(a) He has therapy.
(b) He has to meet Karen.
(c) He has to meet Jeanine.
(d) He has to study.
2. What marks Conrad's happiest time in the novel?
(a) Spending time at the library.
(b) Choir practice.
3. What instrument does Cal play?
4. Why doesn't Conrad tell Cal about quitting the team?
(a) Cal will make him go to therapy more often.
(b) Cal worries too much.
(c) Cal will punish him.
(d) Cal will tell Beth.
5. What group or event does Conrad want to quit?
(a) Swim team.
(c) High school.
(d) Going to counseling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conrad describe being on the swim team?
2. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
3. Where do Beth and Cal go together in chapter 8?
4. Who does Conrad ride to school with in chapter 3?
5. What is the best word to describe Beth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cal surprised that Ray knows about his family's problems?
2. What do Conrad and Jeanine believe is the reason they got better?
3. Describe Conrad's first date with Jeanine.
4. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
5. Why is Conrad so upset that he got in a fight?
6. What are Cal's hopes for his vacation with Beth in Texas?
7. What does Conrad use as an excuse to quit the swim team?
8. Why does Conrad confront Cal about in chapter 31?
9. What are Conrad's feelings about getting a car for Christmas?
10. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)