|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Conrad's family go for Christmas?
(b) Beth's parents' home.
(d) Cal's parents' home.
2. Which of the following is Conrad's third goal?
(a) To get in a fight.
(b) To go to the movies with Lazenby.
(c) To talk to Cal.
(d) To find more friends.
3. What does Cal want to believe?
(a) That somebody can fix his family.
(b) That Conrad will get better.
(c) That Jordan will come back to them.
(d) That somebody can help him.
4. Where did Karen and Conrad meet?
(a) Swim team meet up.
(b) The mental hospital.
(c) Choir practice.
5. What age would Jordan have achieved, according to Cal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrad have trouble remembering?
2. What tells Cal that Conrad's suicide attempt was serious?
3. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
4. What does Beth confront Conrad about in chapter 13?
5. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cal's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
2. Why doesn't Conrad tell anybody that he has quit the swim team?
3. How was attention called to Conrad's issues before he went to the mental hospital?
4. What does Conrad's dream of being confined in a tunnel represent?
5. What causes Conrad to worry about his ability to survive in chapter 7?
6. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
7. What causes Conrad to have his first pleasant memory about Jordan?
8. What is Cal's role in his family?
9. How does Conrad feel he has let Beth down?
10. What does Conrad use as an excuse to quit the swim team?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)