|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth confront Conrad about in chapter 13?
(a) Dating Jeanine.
(b) Joining choir team.
(c) Quitting the swim team.
(d) Ending a friendship with Karen.
2. What marks Conrad's happiest time in the novel?
(a) Choir practice.
(b) Spending time at the library.
3. What age would Jordan have achieved, according to Cal?
4. What does Conrad have trouble remembering?
(a) The day his brother died.
(b) The day he got out of the hospital.
(c) The name of the neighbors.
(d) Which day of the week it is.
5. Who does Conrad invite out on a date?
(b) A girl at the library.
(c) The girl who is sad she failed her pop quiz.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 14, how does Conrad feel about what he said to Beth?
2. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
3. What tells Cal that Conrad's suicide attempt was serious?
4. Which word best describes Conrad's therapist?
5. As of the beginning of the novel, how long has Conrad been out of the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Conrad use as an excuse to quit the swim team?
2. In chapter 14, what does Dr. Berger suggest the real problem is?
3. How was attention called to Conrad's issues before he went to the mental hospital?
4. How does chapter 13 represent a breakthrough for Conrad and his family?
5. In chapter 6, what do Cal and Beth fight about?
6. Describe Conrad's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
7. The morning that the novel starts, what things does Conrad wonder?
8. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
9. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
10. Describe Cal's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)