|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conrad's excuse for not going with Lazenby?
(a) He has to meet Karen.
(b) He has therapy.
(c) He has to meet Jeanine.
(d) He has to study.
2. What birthday does Conrad celebrate in chapter 17?
3. What is Beth's occupation?
(a) She's unemployed.
4. Why did Beth never visit Conrad when he was in the hospital?
(a) She was traveling.
(b) She had to take care of her parents.
(c) She experienced too much grief.
(d) She was working full-time.
5. Which word best describes Conrad's therapist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal believe his role is in the family?
2. Who does Conrad invite out on a date?
3. Where do Beth and Cal go together in chapter 8?
4. What does Conrad get to experience on his birthday?
5. What does Conrad wait to do after the other boys are done?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
2. Looking at Beth's perfectionist personality, why does Conrad upset her so much?
3. How was attention called to Conrad's issues before he went to the mental hospital?
4. Describe Cal's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
5. What are Conrad's feelings about getting a car for Christmas?
6. What causes Conrad to worry about his ability to survive in chapter 7?
7. What makes Cal think that Conrad is resuming a regular routine in chapter 1?
8. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
9. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
10. Describe Conrad's run-in with Joe Lazenby after Conrad has quit the swim team.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)