|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conrad's only escape?
(b) His car.
2. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
(a) To go to the movies with Jeanine.
(b) To make amends with Karen.
(c) To make amends with Beth.
(d) To get a job.
3. What is Beth envious of?
(a) Conrad's musical ability.
(b) The vacation that Conrad and Cal are going on.
(c) The attention Conrad gets from Cal.
(d) Cal's ability to get away from home during the day.
4. What do Cal and Conrad buy in chapter 13?
(a) A bouquet of flowers for Jeanine.
(b) A Christmas tree.
(c) A set of golf clubs.
(d) A car.
5. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Conrad go to therapy?
2. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
3. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
4. What does Cal want to get for Conrad in chapter 11?
5. Since Conrad had a dream about being confined, what can he no longer do peacefully?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Conrad's run-in with Joe Lazenby after Conrad has quit the swim team.
2. What is Cal's role in his family?
3. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
4. How does chapter 13 represent a breakthrough for Conrad and his family?
5. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
6. Looking at Beth's perfectionist personality, why does Conrad upset her so much?
7. Why doesn't Conrad tell anybody that he has quit the swim team?
8. What causes Conrad to worry about his ability to survive in chapter 7?
9. In chapter 6, what do Cal and Beth fight about?
10. In chapter 14, what does Dr. Berger suggest the real problem is?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)