|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of memory does Conrad have when he asks out a girl to go on a date?
(a) A pleasant memory about Jordan.
(b) A melancholy memory about Karen.
(c) A pleasant memory about Beth and Cal.
(d) A sad memory about Jordan.
2. What does Cal reflect on in chapter 6?
(a) His mentor in medical school.
(b) His own therapist.
(c) His own stay at a mental hospital.
(d) His mentor in law school.
3. Who confronts Conrad about quitting the swim team?
(c) Dr. Berger.
4. What does Cal realize about his family while they celebrate Christmas?
(a) That they all need therapy.
(b) That they are all grieving in their own ways.
(c) That they will never be the same again.
(d) That they are all depressed.
5. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
2. What grade does Conrad get on his pop quiz?
3. In Conrad's dream, what is he trapped in?
4. What does Conrad have trouble remembering?
5. What is Cal afraid of after Conrad gets his present?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
2. The morning that the novel starts, what things does Conrad wonder?
3. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
4. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
5. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
6. Describe Cal's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
7. Why does Conrad have trouble sleeping after his pop quiz in trigonometry class?
8. What is Cal's role in his family?
9. Why doesn't Conrad tell anybody that he has quit the swim team?
10. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)