|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
(a) Dr. Berger.
2. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
(a) Going to her parent's house.
(b) The cause of Jordan's death.
(c) Going to London.
(d) Putting Conrad back in the mental hospital.
3. According to Conrad, what does Beth think of him?
(a) She can't forgive him for attempting to commit suicide.
(b) She wishes he were back in the hospital.
(c) She hates that he isn't a jock.
(d) She can't forgive him for Jordan's death.
4. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
(a) He tried to hurt a classmate.
(b) He attempted suicide.
(c) His brother had a bad influence on him.
(d) His mom couldn't stand to be around his moping.
5. What group is Conrad a part of in school?
(a) Honors courses.
(b) Debate team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Conrad talk to about his dream?
2. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
3. What is Cal's occupation?
4. Where does Lazenby invite Conrad?
5. What does Conrad get to experience on his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Conrad feel after his date with Jeanine?
2. Why does Conrad feel vulnerable after Karen's suicide?
3. What does Beth do in chapter 23 to disturb Cal?
4. When and why did Arnold stop mentoring Cal?
5. How does chapter 13 represent a breakthrough for Conrad and his family?
6. What are Conrad's feelings about getting a car for Christmas?
7. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
8. Looking at Beth's perfectionist personality, why does Conrad upset her so much?
9. What causes Conrad to worry about his ability to survive in chapter 7?
10. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)