|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Conrad and Karen get together in Chapter 7?
(a) To give her back a book he borrowed.
(b) To catch a movie.
(c) To get a soda together.
(d) To get ice cream together.
2. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 3?
3. What is the best word to describe Beth?
4. Where does Lazenby invite Conrad?
(a) To go to the gym.
(b) To go for a drive.
(c) To see a movie.
(d) To go get a soda.
5. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal reflect on in chapter 6?
2. What tells Cal that Conrad's suicide attempt was serious?
3. When did Cal and Beth get married?
4. What is Beth's occupation?
5. Since Conrad had a dream about being confined, what can he no longer do peacefully?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Conrad feel after his date with Jeanine?
2. Describe Conrad's first date with Jeanine.
3. What is Conrad's reaction to Beth's behavior at dinner in chapter 29?
4. What does Karen's death force Conrad to do?
5. What is Cal's role in his family?
6. Which parent does Conrad fear most?
7. How does Conrad receive reassurance from Cal?
8. Looking at Beth's perfectionist personality, why does Conrad upset her so much?
9. Why is Conrad so upset that he got in a fight?
10. Describe Conrad's reaction to Karen's death.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)