|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the meeting between Conrad and Karen?
2. What tells Cal that Conrad's suicide attempt was serious?
(a) The letter Conrad wrote to him.
(b) The location Conrad attempted suicide.
(c) The therapist's assessment.
(d) The direction of the cuts on his body.
3. Who does the therapist say that Conrad needs to forgive?
4. What group is Conrad a part of in school?
(a) Debate team.
(d) Honors courses.
5. Who calls attention to Conrad's issues?
(a) Trigonometry teacher.
(c) English teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Conrad perceive himself to be?
2. What does Beth believe that Conrad is doing?
3. What does Conrad wait to do after the other boys are done?
4. According to Conrad, what does Beth think of him?
5. Why breakthrough occurs in chapter 13 for Conrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cal's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
2. In chapter 6, what do Cal and Beth fight about?
3. How does chapter 13 represent a breakthrough for Conrad and his family?
4. How is Conrad's confidence boosted at the library?
5. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
6. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
7. How does Conrad feel he has let Beth down?
8. Why does Cal want to get Conrad a car for Christmas?
9. In chapter 14, what does Dr. Berger suggest the real problem is?
10. What is Cal's role in his family?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)