|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of chapter 7?
(a) It marks the highest point in Conrad's life.
(b) It is the point where Conrad understands himself.
(c) It marks the lowest point in Conrad's life.
(d) It is the point where Conrad sets goals for himself.
2. Who does Conrad invite out on a date?
(a) A girl at the library.
(c) The girl who is sad she failed her pop quiz.
3. Why does Cal believe that suicide doesn't seem like something Conrad would do?
(a) Conrad has a lot of friends.
(b) Conrad is usually happy.
(c) Conrad gets good grades.
(d) Conrad has never failed at anything.
4. What is Beth's occupation?
(a) She's unemployed.
5. How does Conrad feel about Cal's Christmas gift?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why breakthrough occurs in chapter 13 for Conrad?
2. What does Conrad have trouble doing?
3. Which word best describes Conrad's therapist?
4. What birthday does Conrad celebrate in chapter 17?
5. Who confronts Conrad about quitting the swim team?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cal's role in his family?
2. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
3. Why does Cal want to see Dr. Berger in chapter 17?
4. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
5. In chapter 6, what do Cal and Beth fight about?
6. Describe Conrad's run-in with Joe Lazenby after Conrad has quit the swim team.
7. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
8. What makes Cal wonder why Conrad would ever want to kill himself?
9. Describe Cal's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
10. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)