|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad get to experience on his birthday?
(a) His first beer.
(b) His first sexual experience.
(c) His first day of dreamless sleep.
(d) His last therapy session.
2. Why doesn't Conrad tell Cal about quitting the team?
(a) Cal worries too much.
(b) Cal will punish him.
(c) Cal will tell Beth.
(d) Cal will make him go to therapy more often.
3. What does Cal want to get for Conrad in chapter 11?
(a) A car.
(b) A change of scenery.
(c) A book.
(d) A diving board for their pool.
4. What does Beth confront Conrad about in chapter 13?
(a) Quitting the swim team.
(b) Ending a friendship with Karen.
(c) Joining choir team.
(d) Dating Jeanine.
5. Which of the following is Conrad's second goal?
(a) To get his bumper sticker collection back.
(b) To write more poetry.
(c) To get more exercise.
(d) To quit going to therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 16, which of the following is Conrad's first goal?
2. Where is Conrad complimented?
3. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
4. What does Cal want to believe?
5. Why do Conrad and Karen get together in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
2. Why does Cal want to get Conrad a car for Christmas?
3. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
4. What are Conrad's feelings about getting a car for Christmas?
5. What is Cal's role in his family?
6. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
7. What does Conrad's dream of being confined in a tunnel represent?
8. What causes Conrad to worry about his ability to survive in chapter 7?
9. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
10. What makes Cal think that Conrad is resuming a regular routine in chapter 1?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)