|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marks Conrad's happiest time in the novel?
(b) Spending time at the library.
(c) Choir practice.
2. Why breakthrough occurs in chapter 13 for Conrad?
(a) He is excited about something.
(b) He reveals his emotions.
(c) He spends time with Cal.
(d) He finally speaks to his mother.
3. What is Conrad's only escape?
(b) His car.
4. When did Cal and Beth get married?
(a) When Cal was in medical school.
(b) When Cal was in law school.
(c) After they both graduated from college.
(d) After Jordan was born.
5. What does Cal want to get for Conrad in chapter 11?
(a) A change of scenery.
(b) A car.
(c) A book.
(d) A diving board for their pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrad get to experience on his birthday?
2. How often does Conrad go to therapy?
3. Where is Conrad complimented?
4. What age would Jordan have achieved, according to Cal?
5. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
2. What is Cal's role in his family?
3. Looking at Beth's perfectionist personality, why does Conrad upset her so much?
4. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
5. What makes Cal think that Conrad is resuming a regular routine in chapter 1?
6. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
7. Why does Cal want to get Conrad a car for Christmas?
8. Describe Conrad's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
9. According to Conrad, how does Beth feel about him?
10. Why does Cal want to see Dr. Berger in chapter 17?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)