|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts Conrad about quitting the swim team?
(b) Dr. Berger.
2. What group or event does Conrad want to quit?
(a) High school.
(c) Swim team.
(d) Going to counseling.
3. In chapter 16, which of the following is Conrad's first goal?
(a) To boost his self-confidence.
(b) To pass his finals.
(c) To join the swim team again.
(d) To study successfully for his history midterm.
4. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 3?
5. Where do Beth and Cal go together in chapter 8?
(a) Meeting at Conrad's school.
(b) Dinner party.
(c) Golf tournament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beth envious of?
2. What makes Beth angry while she and Cal are out together?
3. In chapter 11, who does Beth have lunch with?
4. Why do Conrad and Karen get together in Chapter 7?
5. What kind of person does Conrad perceive himself to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Conrad's confidence boosted at the library?
2. In chapter 6, what do Cal and Beth fight about?
3. Why doesn't Conrad first reveal that he had a brother to Dr. Berger?
4. How does chapter 13 represent a breakthrough for Conrad and his family?
5. What does Conrad's dream of being confined in a tunnel represent?
6. What are Conrad's feelings about getting a car for Christmas?
7. When Beth and Cal attend a dinner party in chapter 8, what does Beth get angry about?
8. The morning that the novel starts, what things does Conrad wonder?
9. What is Cal's role in his family?
10. Why doesn't Conrad tell anybody that he has quit the swim team?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)