|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Conrad and Karen get together in Chapter 7?
(a) To get ice cream together.
(b) To get a soda together.
(c) To catch a movie.
(d) To give her back a book he borrowed.
2. What is Cal's occupation?
3. What do Cal and Conrad buy in chapter 13?
(a) A set of golf clubs.
(b) A Christmas tree.
(c) A bouquet of flowers for Jeanine.
(d) A car.
4. How does Conrad believe he has let Beth down?
(a) By yelling at her.
(b) By quitting the swim team.
(c) By not saving Jordan's life.
(d) By attempting to commit suicide.
5. Where do Beth and Cal go together in chapter 8?
(b) Golf tournament.
(c) Meeting at Conrad's school.
(d) Dinner party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cal afraid of after Conrad gets his present?
2. How often does Conrad go to therapy?
3. Who does Conrad talk to about his dream?
4. What instrument does Cal play?
5. What does Conrad have trouble doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 6, what do Cal and Beth fight about?
2. In chapter 14, what does Dr. Berger suggest the real problem is?
3. What makes Cal think that Conrad is resuming a regular routine in chapter 1?
4. Describe Conrad's run-in with Joe Lazenby after Conrad has quit the swim team.
5. Why does Conrad have trouble sleeping after his pop quiz in trigonometry class?
6. The morning that the novel starts, what things does Conrad wonder?
7. How is Conrad's confidence boosted at the library?
8. Describe Conrad's meeting with Karen.
9. How does chapter 13 represent a breakthrough for Conrad and his family?
10. Why doesn't Conrad tell anybody that he has quit the swim team?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)