|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lazenby invite Conrad?
(a) To go to the gym.
(b) To go get a soda.
(c) To see a movie.
(d) To go for a drive.
2. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
(b) Dr. Berger.
3. What is Conrad's reaction to hearing his classmates taunt him?
(a) He quits the swim team.
(b) He quits choir.
(c) He runs home from school.
(d) He runs to see his therapist.
4. Which word best describes Conrad's therapist?
5. Where does Beth want to go for Christmas?
(d) Her parent's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cal want to believe?
2. How does Conrad spend his birthday?
3. At school, what is Conrad overwhelmed by?
4. Why do Conrad and Karen get together in Chapter 7?
5. How did Conrad's brother die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the new goals that Conrad sets for himself.
2. Why does Cal want to get Conrad a car for Christmas?
3. What are Conrad's feelings about getting a car for Christmas?
4. Looking at Beth's perfectionist personality, why does Conrad upset her so much?
5. What does Conrad prove by making an appointment with Dr. Berger?
6. How was attention called to Conrad's issues before he went to the mental hospital?
7. How does chapter 13 represent a breakthrough for Conrad and his family?
8. What does Conrad use as an excuse to quit the swim team?
9. What is Cal's role in his family?
10. Describe Cal's first appointment with Dr. Berger.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)