|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cal and Beth argue about while they are on their trip?
(a) Where to send Conrad for college.
(b) Whether or not Conrad needs to be punished.
(c) Next year's vacation.
(d) Beth leaving on her own to travel the world.
2. What is Cal's plan when Beth leaves in chapter 31?
(a) To sell the house.
(b) To put Conrad back in the mental hospital.
(c) To take Conrad out of school.
(d) To move to Europe with Conrad.
3. What do Cal and his partner discuss at work?
(a) Conrad's stay at the mental hospital.
(b) Their new secretary.
(c) The new computers.
(d) Beth's family.
4. How does Conrad's relationship with Jeanine appear at the end of the novel?
(a) They are constantly fighting.
(b) They are getting married.
(c) The relationship isn't mentioned.
(d) They are no longer together.
5. Why does Conrad get into a fight?
(a) Comments about Karen.
(b) Comments about Beth.
(c) Comments about Jeanine.
(d) Comments about Dr. Berger.
6. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
7. Where does Conrad pick up Jeanine for a date in chapter 24?
(a) At her work.
(b) At school.
(c) At choir practice.
(d) At her house.
8. In chapter 31, what does Cal want Beth to do?
(a) Travel abroad.
(b) Become more loving.
(c) Go to counseling.
(d) Start sharing her emotions.
9. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
(a) How they can blend in with the rest of their classmates.
(b) Why they felt the need to act out.
(c) Why parents don't understand teenagers.
(d) How they got better.
10. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
(a) That she wants to leave.
(b) That she won't be manipulated.
(c) That she misses Jordan.
(d) That she doesn't hate Conrad.
11. Which word best describes Beth's behavior toward Conrad after the trip?
12. What is Conrad's first final in chapter 18?
13. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
(a) Conrad tries to manipulate her.
(b) Conrad is extremely affectionate.
(c) Conrad doesn't give in to her behavior.
(d) Conrad is delighted with the attention.
14. Who is rude to Conrad on the phone during his first phone call?
(b) Jeanine's mom.
(c) Joe's mom.
(d) Karen's mom.
15. Who does Conrad call second when he gets home from his finals?
(d) Dr. Berger.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 19, Cal realizes that he worries about Conrad for what reason?
2. How does Beth behave toward Conrad when she returns from the trip?
3. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
4. How does Conrad find out about Karen's death?
5. What types of feelings do Conrad and Jeanine share during their low point in life?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)