Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
(a) Conrad is delighted with the attention.
(b) Conrad tries to manipulate her.
(c) Conrad is extremely affectionate.
(d) Conrad doesn't give in to her behavior.
2. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
(a) Jeanine's dad.
(b) Jeanine's mom.
(c) Jeanine's ex-boyfriend.
(d) Jeanine's mom and brother.
3. What will Beth never forgive?
(a) Conrad and his attempt to kill himself.
(b) Conrad and the fact that Jordan died instead of him.
(c) Conrad manipulating his father.
(d) Conrad embarrassing her.
4. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
(a) Bloody nose.
(b) Black eye.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Broken nose.
5. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
6. What does Cal tell Conrad about the fight he was in?
(a) That they should go talk to the other boy's parents.
(b) That they shouldn't tell Beth about it.
(c) That they'll talk about it later.
(d) To forget about it.
7. What is a confidence booster for Conrad in chapter 20?
(a) His date.
(b) Talking to Jeanine about his suicide attempt.
(c) Talking to Dr. Berger.
(d) Talking to a woman who complimented him.
8. In what way(s) do Conrad and Jeanine grow closer in chapter 30?
(b) Emotionally and physically.
9. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
(a) Cotton candy.
(c) Chinese food.
10. What word best describes the way Conrad feels he needs to be?
11. For what reason do Cal and Beth travel in chapter 24?
(a) A medical convention.
(b) A lawyer's convention.
(c) A golf tournament.
(d) Solely to visit family.
12. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
(a) Why they felt the need to act out.
(b) How they got better.
(c) How they can blend in with the rest of their classmates.
(d) Why parents don't understand teenagers.
13. Where does Conrad pick up Jeanine for a date in chapter 24?
(a) At her house.
(b) At her work.
(c) At school.
(d) At choir practice.
14. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
(a) His grandparents.
(d) At home alone.
15. How does Karen die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
(c) Overdose of medication.
(d) She cut herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Conrad doing on his own at the end of the novel?
2. Who does Beth leave without saying goodbye to?
3. Who does Conrad visit at the end of the novel?
4. Where does Conrad fall asleep after his fight?
5. Why does Conrad get into a fight?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)