|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad's therapist tell him to do when he goes home after Karen's death?
(a) Eat something.
(b) Write a letter to Karen's mom.
(c) Talk to Jeanine.
2. Who has Beth discussed personal affairs with in chapter 19?
(c) Dr. Berger.
3. What will Beth never forgive?
(a) Conrad embarrassing her.
(b) Conrad manipulating his father.
(c) Conrad and the fact that Jordan died instead of him.
(d) Conrad and his attempt to kill himself.
4. Who was with Jordan when the boat accident occurred?
5. What do Conrad and Jeanine discuss on their date?
(a) Conrad's parents potentially divorcing.
(b) Conrad's suicide attempt.
(c) Jeanine constantly babysitting her brother.
(d) Jeanine's parents and their divorce.
6. Why does Cal's mentor write him off?
(a) He had a son.
(b) He changed his major in college.
(c) He moved too far away.
(d) He married Beth.
7. Why is Conrad so upset after his fight?
(a) He lost control.
(b) He wants to kill himself again.
(c) He feels helpless.
(d) He will be punished by the school.
8. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
(a) His grandparents.
(c) At home alone.
9. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
(a) Broken nose.
(b) Black eye.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Bloody nose.
10. What comment from Beth causes Cal to drink too much when he is on vacation with Beth?
(a) That Conrad is useless because he grieves so openly.
(b) That Cal is useless because he won't stop grieving.
(c) That Cal is an embarrassment.
(d) That Cal breathes down Conrad's neck.
11. What does Beth think Conrad was trying to do by attempting to commit suicide?
(a) Attack Beth.
(b) Embarrass Beth.
(c) Get attention that Beth was getting.
(d) Attack Cal.
12. What activity do Conrad and Jeanine participate in on their date?
(a) Seeing a movie.
(b) Arcade games.
13. In chapter 31, what does Cal want Beth to do?
(a) Become more loving.
(b) Start sharing her emotions.
(c) Travel abroad.
(d) Go to counseling.
14. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
15. When do Conrad and Jeanine agree to go out again?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is rude to Conrad on the phone during his first phone call?
2. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
3. What is Beth doing while Cal talks to Conrad about his fight?
4. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
5. What does Beth believe that Cal is obsessed with?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)