Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cal and Beth argue about while they are on their trip?
(a) Where to send Conrad for college.
(b) Whether or not Conrad needs to be punished.
(c) Next year's vacation.
(d) Beth leaving on her own to travel the world.
2. Who sends Conrad home after they find him walking the streets at night?
(b) Jeanine's mom.
(d) A police officer.
3. In the epilogue, what has Conrad finished doing?
(b) Dating Jeanine.
(c) Seeing his therapist.
(d) Playing guitar.
4. Who has Beth discussed personal affairs with in chapter 19?
(d) Dr. Berger.
5. What does Cal tell Conrad about the fight he was in?
(a) That they'll talk about it later.
(b) That they shouldn't tell Beth about it.
(c) That they should go talk to the other boy's parents.
(d) To forget about it.
6. What will Beth never forgive?
(a) Conrad manipulating his father.
(b) Conrad and the fact that Jordan died instead of him.
(c) Conrad and his attempt to kill himself.
(d) Conrad embarrassing her.
7. Where does Conrad pick up Jeanine for a date in chapter 24?
(a) At her house.
(b) At her work.
(c) At choir practice.
(d) At school.
8. What is Beth doing while Cal talks to Conrad about his fight?
(b) Playing golf.
(c) Working on a project.
(d) Having dinner with Nancy.
9. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
(a) That she misses Jordan.
(b) That she wants to leave.
(c) That she doesn't hate Conrad.
(d) That she won't be manipulated.
10. Why does Conrad get into a fight?
(a) Comments about Beth.
(b) Comments about Jeanine.
(c) Comments about Karen.
(d) Comments about Dr. Berger.
11. What is the name of Cal's partner?
12. In chapter 19, Cal realizes that he worries about Conrad for what reason?
(a) He wants to show Beth how to be there for Conrad.
(b) He doesn't want to disconnect from his son.
(c) He doesn't want to miss the signs.
(d) He doesn't think Conrad is ready to be out of the mental hospital.
13. What type of interaction do Beth and Cal have on the way home from their vacation?
(b) Talking about a trip for Beth to take alone.
(d) Talking about what to do with Conrad.
14. How does Karen die?
(a) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Overdose of medication.
(d) She cut herself.
15. What does Cal plan to take time off work for?
(a) To attend therapy sessions for the whole family.
(b) To travel to Spain.
(c) To spend time with Conrad.
(d) To compete in a golf tournament.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
2. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
3. Why does Cal's mentor write him off?
4. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
5. Which of the following best describes Conrad's life at the end of the novel?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)