|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
(a) How they can blend in with the rest of their classmates.
(b) Why parents don't understand teenagers.
(c) How they got better.
(d) Why they felt the need to act out.
2. How is Conrad doing on his own at the end of the novel?
(a) He has become attached to Jeanine.
(b) He is very dependent.
(c) He is doing very poorly.
(d) He is doing very well.
3. Why does Conrad's therapist say that Conrad pushes himself down?
(a) Conrad tries too hard to impress others.
(b) Conrad doesn't connect with Beth.
(c) Conrad tries too hard to keep his parents from worrying.
(d) Conrad doesn't connect with his own uniqueness.
4. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
(c) Chinese food.
(d) Cotton candy.
5. When Conrad goes to visit a friend in the epilogue, where do they go?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To play golf.
(c) To an arcade.
(d) To go bowling.
6. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
7. Who does Conrad get into a physical fight with?
8. Which of the following best describes Conrad's life at the end of the novel?
(a) In order.
(b) Out of touch with reality.
(c) Straying from the course his therapist set out.
(d) Dependent upon others.
9. Who does Conrad call second when he gets home from his finals?
(c) Dr. Berger.
10. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
(a) That she wants to leave.
(b) That she misses Jordan.
(c) That she won't be manipulated.
(d) That she doesn't hate Conrad.
11. Why does Conrad get into a fight?
(a) Comments about Jeanine.
(b) Comments about Dr. Berger.
(c) Comments about Beth.
(d) Comments about Karen.
12. After Cal talks to Conrad about the fight, what puzzles Cal?
(a) Why Conrad is so worried about the fight.
(b) Why Beth didn't check on Conrad.
(c) Why Dr. Berger hasn't been updating him on Conrad's progress.
(d) Why Conrad would get into a fight.
13. What does Cal find that he wants to do after thinking about his mentor?
(a) Find his mentor and reconnect.
(b) Find a way to connect with Conrad.
(c) Fix the past.
(d) Get a divorce.
14. What is Conrad worried that his parents will do about his fight?
(a) Punish him.
(b) Make him join the swim team again.
(c) Make him apologize.
(d) Take him to the mental hospital.
15. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
(a) That Conrad is a bad influence.
(b) That it's no big deal.
(c) She wants to help Conrad.
(d) That it will affect their relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long do Cal and Beth fight when they both get back from the trip?
2. What does Conrad feel responsible for?
3. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
4. How does Conrad find out about Karen's death?
5. What does Conrad find when he gets home after his finals?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)