|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did it take to find Jordan's body?
2. What is the best way to describe Conrad's depression?
(a) He is manic depressive.
(b) He is numb.
(c) He is incredibly sad.
(d) He doesn't tell anybody about it.
3. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
(a) Broken arm.
(b) Bloody nose.
(c) Broken nose.
(d) Black eye.
4. What is a confidence booster for Conrad in chapter 20?
(a) His date.
(b) Talking to a woman who complimented him.
(c) Talking to Dr. Berger.
(d) Talking to Jeanine about his suicide attempt.
5. How would Cal describe Beth in chapter 31?
(a) Deliberately distant.
(b) An uncaring mother.
(c) A taker.
(d) An emotional cripple.
6. Which word best describes Beth's behavior toward Conrad after the trip?
7. What does Conrad get from Cal after they talk about the fight?
(a) A bandage.
(b) A sense of pride.
(d) Fighting tips.
8. How does Karen die?
(a) Overdose of medication.
(b) Car accident.
(c) She cut herself.
(d) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
9. In what way(s) do Conrad and Jeanine grow closer in chapter 30?
(a) Emotionally and physically.
10. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
(a) Not a giver.
(b) A taker.
(c) A fixer.
(d) Not a sharer.
11. After hearing about Karen's death, about what does Conrad dream?
(a) Being buried alive.
(b) Being trapped in a tunnel.
(c) Hospital treatments.
12. What word best describes the way Conrad feels he needs to be?
13. Who does Conrad visit at the end of the novel?
(d) Karen's mom.
14. What does Beth decide to do in chapter 31?
(a) Go to counseling and move out.
(b) Go on a European vacation.
(c) Get a divorce and move across town.
(d) Go on a cruise to Mexico.
15. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
(a) Jeanine's mom and brother.
(b) Jeanine's dad.
(c) Jeanine's ex-boyfriend.
(d) Jeanine's mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beth leave without saying goodbye to?
2. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
3. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
4. Who has Beth discussed personal affairs with in chapter 19?
5. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)