|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
2. What activity does Beth partake in when they are visiting family?
(a) Horseback riding.
3. Why does Conrad's therapist say that Conrad pushes himself down?
(a) Conrad tries too hard to impress others.
(b) Conrad tries too hard to keep his parents from worrying.
(c) Conrad doesn't connect with his own uniqueness.
(d) Conrad doesn't connect with Beth.
4. Where do Cal and Beth travel to in chapter 24?
5. What do Cal and Beth argue about while they are on their trip?
(a) Whether or not Conrad needs to be punished.
(b) Where to send Conrad for college.
(c) Beth leaving on her own to travel the world.
(d) Next year's vacation.
6. For how long do Cal and Beth fight when they both get back from the trip?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Several months.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
7. What types of feelings do Conrad and Jeanine share during their low point in life?
8. In what way(s) do Conrad and Jeanine grow closer in chapter 30?
(d) Emotionally and physically.
9. Why does Cal's mentor write him off?
(a) He moved too far away.
(b) He had a son.
(c) He changed his major in college.
(d) He married Beth.
10. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
(a) That it's no big deal.
(b) That it will affect their relationship.
(c) She wants to help Conrad.
(d) That Conrad is a bad influence.
11. How would Cal describe Beth in chapter 31?
(a) Deliberately distant.
(b) A taker.
(c) An emotional cripple.
(d) An uncaring mother.
12. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
(a) That she won't be manipulated.
(b) That she wants to leave.
(c) That she doesn't hate Conrad.
(d) That she misses Jordan.
13. What word best describes Jeanine's behavior after her parents got divorced?
14. Who has Beth discussed personal affairs with in chapter 19?
(d) Dr. Berger.
15. What does Conrad feel responsible for?
(a) Beth's depression.
(b) Karen's death.
(c) Jordan's death.
(d) The relationship between Cal and Beth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity do Conrad and Jeanine participate in on their date?
2. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
3. What is a confidence booster for Conrad in chapter 20?
4. What launches Conrad's introspection in chapter 27?
5. How does Beth behave toward Conrad when she returns from the trip?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)