|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Conrad goes to visit a friend in the epilogue, where do they go?
(a) To play golf.
(b) To go bowling.
(c) To an arcade.
(d) To a movie.
2. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
3. Who sends Conrad home after they find him walking the streets at night?
(a) Jeanine's mom.
(d) A police officer.
4. What does Conrad get from Cal after they talk about the fight?
(a) A sense of pride.
(b) A bandage.
(c) Fighting tips.
5. What comment from Conrad does Beth dismiss as disrespectful?
(a) That Beth is easy to manipulate.
(b) That Beth hates Conrad.
(c) That Beth doesn't care about Conrad getting better.
(d) That Beth is the real embarrassment.
6. Who does Conrad get into a physical fight with?
7. What activity does Beth partake in when they are visiting family?
(c) Horseback riding.
8. What does Beth believe that Cal is obsessed with?
(a) Living vicariously through Conrad.
(b) Conrad's problems.
(c) Dr. Berger.
(d) Jordan's death.
9. Where do Beth and Cal take Conrad when they get home from their trip?
(a) To a choir performance.
(b) To breakfast.
(c) To see a movie.
(d) To dinner.
10. What is a confidence booster for Conrad in chapter 20?
(a) Talking to Jeanine about his suicide attempt.
(b) His date.
(c) Talking to Dr. Berger.
(d) Talking to a woman who complimented him.
11. What type of interaction do Beth and Cal have on the way home from their vacation?
(b) Talking about a trip for Beth to take alone.
(c) Talking about what to do with Conrad.
12. What is the name of Beth's brother?
13. Who does Conrad visit at the end of the novel?
(b) Karen's mom.
14. What do Cal and Beth argue about while they are on their trip?
(a) Next year's vacation.
(b) Whether or not Conrad needs to be punished.
(c) Beth leaving on her own to travel the world.
(d) Where to send Conrad for college.
15. What word best describes the way Conrad feels he needs to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment from Beth causes Cal to drink too much when he is on vacation with Beth?
2. What is the name of Beth's sister-in-law?
3. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
4. What emotion do Jeanine and Conrad share?
5. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)