|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
(a) Her dad had an affair.
(b) They were forced into marriage in the first place.
(c) Her mom had an affair.
(d) Financial issues.
2. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
(a) Cotton candy.
(c) Chinese food.
3. What word best describes Jeanine's behavior after her parents got divorced?
4. Where do Cal and Beth travel to in chapter 24?
5. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
(a) A fixer.
(b) A taker.
(c) Not a sharer.
(d) Not a giver.
6. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
(a) At home alone.
(b) His grandparents.
7. What word best describes the way Conrad feels he needs to be?
8. Why is Conrad so upset after his fight?
(a) He will be punished by the school.
(b) He feels helpless.
(c) He wants to kill himself again.
(d) He lost control.
9. What is Beth doing while Cal talks to Conrad about his fight?
(a) Working on a project.
(b) Playing golf.
(d) Having dinner with Nancy.
10. Who does Conrad get into a physical fight with?
11. What activity do Conrad and Jeanine participate in on their date?
(a) Seeing a movie.
(c) Arcade games.
12. What is Conrad's first final in chapter 18?
13. What is the name of Beth's brother?
14. What does Cal tell Conrad about the fight he was in?
(a) That they should go talk to the other boy's parents.
(b) That they shouldn't tell Beth about it.
(c) To forget about it.
(d) That they'll talk about it later.
15. Why does Cal's mentor write him off?
(a) He moved too far away.
(b) He married Beth.
(c) He changed his major in college.
(d) He had a son.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Conrad goes to visit a friend in the epilogue, where do they go?
2. Who does Beth leave without saying goodbye to?
3. What do Cal and Beth argue about while they are on their trip?
4. In what way(s) do Conrad and Jeanine grow closer in chapter 30?
5. What does Beth decide to do in chapter 31?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)