|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason do Cal and Beth travel in chapter 24?
(a) A medical convention.
(b) A golf tournament.
(c) A lawyer's convention.
(d) Solely to visit family.
2. What do Cal and his partner discuss at work?
(a) The new computers.
(b) Beth's family.
(c) Their new secretary.
(d) Conrad's stay at the mental hospital.
3. What do Conrad and Jeanine plan to do on their date in chapter 24?
(a) Go to a concert.
(b) Go bowling.
(c) Play soccer.
(d) See a movie.
4. What activity does Beth partake in when they are visiting family?
(b) Horseback riding.
5. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
(a) Jordan's death.
(b) Conrad's suicide attempt.
(c) Cal and Beth's relationship.
(d) Jordan's accomplishments.
6. In chapter 19, Cal realizes that he worries about Conrad for what reason?
(a) He doesn't think Conrad is ready to be out of the mental hospital.
(b) He doesn't want to miss the signs.
(c) He wants to show Beth how to be there for Conrad.
(d) He doesn't want to disconnect from his son.
7. Who was with Jordan when the boat accident occurred?
8. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
(a) That it will affect their relationship.
(b) She wants to help Conrad.
(c) That it's no big deal.
(d) That Conrad is a bad influence.
9. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
(b) At home alone.
(d) His grandparents.
10. What does Conrad get from Cal after they talk about the fight?
(a) Fighting tips.
(b) A sense of pride.
(d) A bandage.
11. Who do Cal and Beth stay with when they travel together for a golf tournament?
(a) Beth's sister and brother-in-law.
(b) Cal's sister and brother-in-law.
(c) Beth's brother and sister-in-law.
(d) Cal's brother and sister-in-law.
12. Who has Beth discussed personal affairs with in chapter 19?
(d) Dr. Berger.
13. What emotion do Jeanine and Conrad share?
14. What word best describes the way Conrad feels he needs to be?
15. Which word best describes Beth's behavior toward Conrad after the trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Beth's brother?
2. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
3. What does Cal plan to take time off work for?
4. How does Conrad find out about Karen's death?
5. For how long do Cal and Beth fight when they both get back from the trip?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)