|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cal tell Conrad about the fight he was in?
(a) That they shouldn't tell Beth about it.
(b) To forget about it.
(c) That they should go talk to the other boy's parents.
(d) That they'll talk about it later.
2. After hearing about Karen's death, about what does Conrad dream?
(a) Hospital treatments.
(b) Being trapped in a tunnel.
(d) Being buried alive.
3. What type of interaction do Beth and Cal have on the way home from their vacation?
(b) Talking about what to do with Conrad.
(c) Talking about a trip for Beth to take alone.
4. In chapter 31, what does Cal want Beth to do?
(a) Start sharing her emotions.
(b) Become more loving.
(c) Travel abroad.
(d) Go to counseling.
5. Where did Cal and Beth go when Conrad was in the hospital?
6. What activity does Beth partake in when they are visiting family?
(c) Horseback riding.
7. What is Beth doing while Cal talks to Conrad about his fight?
(a) Having dinner with Nancy.
(c) Playing golf.
(d) Working on a project.
8. What comment from Conrad does Beth dismiss as disrespectful?
(a) That Beth doesn't care about Conrad getting better.
(b) That Beth is easy to manipulate.
(c) That Beth is the real embarrassment.
(d) That Beth hates Conrad.
9. What does Beth think Conrad was trying to do by attempting to commit suicide?
(a) Attack Cal.
(b) Embarrass Beth.
(c) Get attention that Beth was getting.
(d) Attack Beth.
10. What do Conrad and Jeanine plan to do on their date in chapter 24?
(a) See a movie.
(b) Go to a concert.
(c) Go bowling.
(d) Play soccer.
11. What launches Conrad's introspection in chapter 27?
(a) His date with Jeanine.
(b) Karen's death.
(c) Cal and Beth's vacation.
(d) Beth yelling at him.
12. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
(a) Not a giver.
(b) Not a sharer.
(c) A taker.
(d) A fixer.
13. Who do Cal and Beth stay with when they travel together for a golf tournament?
(a) Cal's brother and sister-in-law.
(b) Beth's brother and sister-in-law.
(c) Beth's sister and brother-in-law.
(d) Cal's sister and brother-in-law.
14. What is the name of Cal's partner?
15. What does Conrad get from Cal after they talk about the fight?
(a) A sense of pride.
(b) Fighting tips.
(c) A bandage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Jeanine's behavior after her parents got divorced?
2. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
3. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
4. What is Conrad worried that his parents will do about his fight?
5. When Conrad goes to visit a friend in the epilogue, where do they go?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)