|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Conrad get into a fight?
(a) Comments about Dr. Berger.
(b) Comments about Beth.
(c) Comments about Karen.
(d) Comments about Jeanine.
2. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
(b) At home alone.
(c) His grandparents.
3. Who does Conrad call second when he gets home from his finals?
(b) Dr. Berger.
4. In chapter 19, Cal realizes that he worries about Conrad for what reason?
(a) He doesn't want to disconnect from his son.
(b) He doesn't want to miss the signs.
(c) He doesn't think Conrad is ready to be out of the mental hospital.
(d) He wants to show Beth how to be there for Conrad.
5. Why does Conrad's therapist say that Conrad pushes himself down?
(a) Conrad tries too hard to keep his parents from worrying.
(b) Conrad doesn't connect with his own uniqueness.
(c) Conrad doesn't connect with Beth.
(d) Conrad tries too hard to impress others.
6. When do Conrad and Jeanine agree to go out again?
7. What do Cal and his partner discuss at work?
(a) The new computers.
(b) Conrad's stay at the mental hospital.
(c) Their new secretary.
(d) Beth's family.
8. How does Conrad's relationship with Jeanine appear at the end of the novel?
(a) They are no longer together.
(b) The relationship isn't mentioned.
(c) They are getting married.
(d) They are constantly fighting.
9. Who was with Jordan when the boat accident occurred?
10. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
(a) A choir performance.
(b) A French film.
(c) A swim meet.
(d) A concert.
11. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
(a) That it will affect their relationship.
(b) She wants to help Conrad.
(c) That Conrad is a bad influence.
(d) That it's no big deal.
12. What is the name of Cal's mentor in school?
13. How does Cal feel about the trip he takes with Beth?
14. Where does Conrad pick up Jeanine for a date in chapter 24?
(a) At school.
(b) At her house.
(c) At choir practice.
(d) At her work.
15. What is Beth doing while Cal talks to Conrad about his fight?
(b) Working on a project.
(c) Having dinner with Nancy.
(d) Playing golf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beth leave without saying goodbye to?
2. What comment from Conrad does Beth dismiss as disrespectful?
3. Why is Conrad so upset after his fight?
4. How does Beth behave toward Conrad when she returns from the trip?
5. How does Karen die?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)