|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conrad's first final in chapter 18?
2. In what way(s) do Conrad and Jeanine grow closer in chapter 30?
(b) Emotionally and physically.
3. What type of interaction do Beth and Cal have on the way home from their vacation?
(b) Talking about a trip for Beth to take alone.
(c) Talking about what to do with Conrad.
4. Why is Conrad so upset after his fight?
(a) He will be punished by the school.
(b) He feels helpless.
(c) He lost control.
(d) He wants to kill himself again.
5. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
(a) Conrad doesn't give in to her behavior.
(b) Conrad is delighted with the attention.
(c) Conrad tries to manipulate her.
(d) Conrad is extremely affectionate.
6. What comment from Conrad does Beth dismiss as disrespectful?
(a) That Beth is the real embarrassment.
(b) That Beth is easy to manipulate.
(c) That Beth hates Conrad.
(d) That Beth doesn't care about Conrad getting better.
7. What is Beth doing while Cal talks to Conrad about his fight?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Working on a project.
(d) Having dinner with Nancy.
8. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
(a) A fixer.
(b) Not a sharer.
(c) A taker.
(d) Not a giver.
9. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
(a) Jeanine's mom and brother.
(b) Jeanine's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Jeanine's dad.
(d) Jeanine's mom.
10. What word best describes the way Conrad feels he needs to be?
11. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
(a) A swim meet.
(b) A choir performance.
(c) A concert.
(d) A French film.
12. Who do Cal and Beth stay with when they travel together for a golf tournament?
(a) Cal's sister and brother-in-law.
(b) Beth's brother and sister-in-law.
(c) Beth's sister and brother-in-law.
(d) Cal's brother and sister-in-law.
13. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
(a) That Conrad is a bad influence.
(b) She wants to help Conrad.
(c) That it's no big deal.
(d) That it will affect their relationship.
14. How does Beth behave toward Conrad when she returns from the trip?
(a) Very disrespectful.
(b) Like the perfect mother.
(c) As if he was Jordan.
(d) More resentful than ever.
15. Who was with Jordan when the boat accident occurred?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Cal's performance in golf?
2. What does Beth believe that Cal is obsessed with?
3. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
4. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
5. How does Karen die?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)