|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
(a) That she doesn't hate Conrad.
(b) That she wants to leave.
(c) That she won't be manipulated.
(d) That she misses Jordan.
2. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
3. Who does Conrad visit at the end of the novel?
(b) Karen's mom.
4. Which word best describes Cal's performance in golf?
5. What comment from Conrad does Beth dismiss as disrespectful?
(a) That Beth is the real embarrassment.
(b) That Beth doesn't care about Conrad getting better.
(c) That Beth is easy to manipulate.
(d) That Beth hates Conrad.
6. Where does Conrad fall asleep after his fight?
(a) On the couch.
(b) In his bed.
(c) At Jeanine's.
(d) In Con and Beth's room.
7. Who does Conrad get into a physical fight with?
8. Who do Cal and Beth stay with when they travel together for a golf tournament?
(a) Cal's sister and brother-in-law.
(b) Beth's sister and brother-in-law.
(c) Cal's brother and sister-in-law.
(d) Beth's brother and sister-in-law.
9. What activity does Beth partake in when they are visiting family?
(c) Horseback riding.
10. What is the name of Beth's brother?
11. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
(a) How they got better.
(b) How they can blend in with the rest of their classmates.
(c) Why parents don't understand teenagers.
(d) Why they felt the need to act out.
12. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
(a) Her mom had an affair.
(b) They were forced into marriage in the first place.
(c) Financial issues.
(d) Her dad had an affair.
13. Which of the following best describes Conrad's life at the end of the novel?
(a) Out of touch with reality.
(b) In order.
(c) Dependent upon others.
(d) Straying from the course his therapist set out.
14. What is the name of Cal's mentor in school?
15. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
(b) His grandparents.
(c) At home alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity do Conrad and Jeanine participate in on their date?
2. What is the best way to describe Conrad's depression?
3. How does Conrad find out about Karen's death?
4. Where do Cal and Beth travel to in chapter 24?
5. After hearing about Karen's death, about what does Conrad dream?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)