|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
(a) Not a sharer.
(b) A fixer.
(c) Not a giver.
(d) A taker.
2. Where do Beth and Cal take Conrad when they get home from their trip?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To breakfast.
(c) To see a movie.
(d) To a choir performance.
3. Where does Conrad pick up Jeanine for a date in chapter 24?
(a) At her house.
(b) At choir practice.
(c) At school.
(d) At her work.
4. Where does Conrad fall asleep after his fight?
(a) At Jeanine's.
(b) On the couch.
(c) In Con and Beth's room.
(d) In his bed.
5. What is the name of Cal's mentor in school?
6. What do Cal and Beth argue about while they are on their trip?
(a) Next year's vacation.
(b) Beth leaving on her own to travel the world.
(c) Where to send Conrad for college.
(d) Whether or not Conrad needs to be punished.
7. What is the name of Beth's sister-in-law?
8. What does Cal find that he wants to do after thinking about his mentor?
(a) Find a way to connect with Conrad.
(b) Fix the past.
(c) Find his mentor and reconnect.
(d) Get a divorce.
9. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
(a) They were forced into marriage in the first place.
(b) Financial issues.
(c) Her mom had an affair.
(d) Her dad had an affair.
10. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
(a) That she doesn't hate Conrad.
(b) That she won't be manipulated.
(c) That she misses Jordan.
(d) That she wants to leave.
11. How does Conrad's relationship with Jeanine appear at the end of the novel?
(a) They are constantly fighting.
(b) They are no longer together.
(c) The relationship isn't mentioned.
(d) They are getting married.
12. What does Cal tell Conrad about the fight he was in?
(a) That they'll talk about it later.
(b) That they shouldn't tell Beth about it.
(c) That they should go talk to the other boy's parents.
(d) To forget about it.
13. Why does Cal's mentor write him off?
(a) He moved too far away.
(b) He married Beth.
(c) He had a son.
(d) He changed his major in college.
14. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
(a) Conrad is delighted with the attention.
(b) Conrad is extremely affectionate.
(c) Conrad doesn't give in to her behavior.
(d) Conrad tries to manipulate her.
15. What do Cal and his partner discuss at work?
(a) Their new secretary.
(b) Conrad's stay at the mental hospital.
(c) The new computers.
(d) Beth's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Conrad's therapist say that Conrad pushes himself down?
2. Which word best describes Cal's performance in golf?
3. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
4. What does Cal plan to take time off work for?
5. What does Conrad find when he gets home after his finals?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)