|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity do Conrad and Jeanine participate in on their date?
(b) Seeing a movie.
(c) Arcade games.
2. What is Conrad's first final in chapter 18?
3. What do Conrad and Jeanine discuss on their date?
(a) Jeanine's parents and their divorce.
(b) Conrad's suicide attempt.
(c) Jeanine constantly babysitting her brother.
(d) Conrad's parents potentially divorcing.
4. Who does Conrad get into a physical fight with?
5. What word best describes Jeanine's behavior after her parents got divorced?
6. How does Karen die?
(a) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
(b) Overdose of medication.
(c) Car accident.
(d) She cut herself.
7. What comment from Beth causes Cal to drink too much when he is on vacation with Beth?
(a) That Cal is an embarrassment.
(b) That Cal is useless because he won't stop grieving.
(c) That Conrad is useless because he grieves so openly.
(d) That Cal breathes down Conrad's neck.
8. What is the name of Cal's mentor in school?
9. What does Cal find that he wants to do after thinking about his mentor?
(a) Find a way to connect with Conrad.
(b) Fix the past.
(c) Find his mentor and reconnect.
(d) Get a divorce.
10. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
(a) Cotton candy.
(d) Chinese food.
11. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
(a) Conrad doesn't give in to her behavior.
(b) Conrad is extremely affectionate.
(c) Conrad is delighted with the attention.
(d) Conrad tries to manipulate her.
12. How many days did it take to find Jordan's body?
13. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
(a) Jeanine's mom and brother.
(b) Jeanine's dad.
(c) Jeanine's mom.
(d) Jeanine's ex-boyfriend.
14. Who do Cal and Beth stay with when they travel together for a golf tournament?
(a) Beth's sister and brother-in-law.
(b) Cal's brother and sister-in-law.
(c) Cal's sister and brother-in-law.
(d) Beth's brother and sister-in-law.
15. What does Beth decide to do in chapter 31?
(a) Go to counseling and move out.
(b) Go on a cruise to Mexico.
(c) Get a divorce and move across town.
(d) Go on a European vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
2. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
3. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
4. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
5. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)