|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
(a) Cotton candy.
(c) Chinese food.
2. Which word best describes Beth's behavior toward Conrad after the trip?
3. How many fights has Conrad been in before?
4. What does Beth think Conrad was trying to do by attempting to commit suicide?
(a) Get attention that Beth was getting.
(b) Embarrass Beth.
(c) Attack Beth.
(d) Attack Cal.
5. What do Cal and his partner discuss at work?
(a) Their new secretary.
(b) Beth's family.
(c) The new computers.
(d) Conrad's stay at the mental hospital.
6. What is Conrad's first final in chapter 18?
7. When Conrad goes to visit a friend in the epilogue, where do they go?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To go bowling.
(c) To play golf.
(d) To an arcade.
8. What will Beth never forgive?
(a) Conrad and his attempt to kill himself.
(b) Conrad and the fact that Jordan died instead of him.
(c) Conrad embarrassing her.
(d) Conrad manipulating his father.
9. What comment from Beth causes Cal to drink too much when he is on vacation with Beth?
(a) That Cal is useless because he won't stop grieving.
(b) That Cal breathes down Conrad's neck.
(c) That Conrad is useless because he grieves so openly.
(d) That Cal is an embarrassment.
10. After hearing about Karen's death, about what does Conrad dream?
(a) Hospital treatments.
(b) Being buried alive.
(d) Being trapped in a tunnel.
11. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
(a) That it's no big deal.
(b) She wants to help Conrad.
(c) That it will affect their relationship.
(d) That Conrad is a bad influence.
12. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
(a) Jeanine's ex-boyfriend.
(b) Jeanine's mom and brother.
(c) Jeanine's dad.
(d) Jeanine's mom.
13. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
(a) Bloody nose.
(b) Broken nose.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Black eye.
14. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
15. What word best describes Jeanine's behavior after her parents got divorced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
2. Why does Conrad's therapist say that Conrad pushes himself down?
3. Which word best describes Cal's performance in golf?
4. How does Karen die?
5. What activity do Conrad and Jeanine participate in on their date?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)