|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
(a) Conrad doesn't give in to her behavior.
(b) Conrad is extremely affectionate.
(c) Conrad is delighted with the attention.
(d) Conrad tries to manipulate her.
2. Who does Conrad get into a physical fight with?
3. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
(a) Not a giver.
(b) Not a sharer.
(c) A fixer.
(d) A taker.
4. Where does Conrad fall asleep after his fight?
(a) In his bed.
(b) On the couch.
(c) At Jeanine's.
(d) In Con and Beth's room.
5. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
(a) They were forced into marriage in the first place.
(b) Her mom had an affair.
(c) Her dad had an affair.
(d) Financial issues.
6. What activity do Conrad and Jeanine participate in on their date?
(b) Seeing a movie.
(c) Arcade games.
7. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
(b) At home alone.
(c) His grandparents.
8. What does Conrad feel responsible for?
(a) Beth's depression.
(b) Jordan's death.
(c) The relationship between Cal and Beth.
(d) Karen's death.
9. How does Conrad's relationship with Jeanine appear at the end of the novel?
(a) They are no longer together.
(b) They are getting married.
(c) They are constantly fighting.
(d) The relationship isn't mentioned.
10. What does Conrad's therapist tell him to do when he goes home after Karen's death?
(a) Write a letter to Karen's mom.
(b) Talk to Jeanine.
(d) Eat something.
11. What does Conrad get from Cal after they talk about the fight?
(a) Fighting tips.
(b) A sense of pride.
(c) A bandage.
12. What is Cal's plan when Beth leaves in chapter 31?
(a) To take Conrad out of school.
(b) To sell the house.
(c) To move to Europe with Conrad.
(d) To put Conrad back in the mental hospital.
13. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
(a) That she misses Jordan.
(b) That she doesn't hate Conrad.
(c) That she wants to leave.
(d) That she won't be manipulated.
14. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
(a) A French film.
(b) A swim meet.
(c) A concert.
(d) A choir performance.
15. How does Conrad find out about Karen's death?
(a) Karen's mother called him.
(b) Newspaper obituary.
(c) Jeanine told him.
(d) Online obituary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Conrad's life at the end of the novel?
2. Where do Beth and Cal take Conrad when they get home from their trip?
3. What does Cal find that he wants to do after thinking about his mentor?
4. What do Conrad and Jeanine discuss on their date?
5. What is the best way to describe Conrad's depression?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)