|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
2. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
(b) Cotton candy.
(c) Chinese food.
3. Which of the following best describes Conrad's life at the end of the novel?
(a) Out of touch with reality.
(b) Dependent upon others.
(c) In order.
(d) Straying from the course his therapist set out.
4. In chapter 31, what does Cal want Beth to do?
(a) Travel abroad.
(b) Become more loving.
(c) Start sharing her emotions.
(d) Go to counseling.
5. Who is rude to Conrad on the phone during his first phone call?
(a) Karen's mom.
(b) Joe's mom.
(d) Jeanine's mom.
6. What does Conrad's therapist tell him to do when he goes home after Karen's death?
(b) Write a letter to Karen's mom.
(c) Eat something.
(d) Talk to Jeanine.
7. What comment from Conrad does Beth dismiss as disrespectful?
(a) That Beth is easy to manipulate.
(b) That Beth is the real embarrassment.
(c) That Beth doesn't care about Conrad getting better.
(d) That Beth hates Conrad.
8. Who does Beth leave without saying goodbye to?
(b) She says goodbye to both Cal and Conrad.
(c) Cal and Conrad.
9. How would Cal describe Beth in chapter 31?
(a) A taker.
(b) Deliberately distant.
(c) An uncaring mother.
(d) An emotional cripple.
10. What does Cal plan to take time off work for?
(a) To attend therapy sessions for the whole family.
(b) To travel to Spain.
(c) To spend time with Conrad.
(d) To compete in a golf tournament.
11. How does Conrad find out about Karen's death?
(a) Newspaper obituary.
(b) Karen's mother called him.
(c) Jeanine told him.
(d) Online obituary.
12. What kind of event does Conrad attend with former team mates in chapter 22?
(a) A swim meet.
(b) A choir performance.
(c) A concert.
(d) A French film.
13. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
(a) Broken arm.
(b) Broken nose.
(c) Bloody nose.
(d) Black eye.
14. What do Conrad and Jeanine plan to do on their date in chapter 24?
(a) Go bowling.
(b) Go to a concert.
(c) Play soccer.
(d) See a movie.
15. How does Karen die?
(a) Overdose of medication.
(b) Car accident.
(c) She cut herself.
(d) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Beth's sister-in-law?
2. What is Conrad's first final in chapter 18?
3. What does Beth believe that Cal is obsessed with?
4. How many days did it take to find Jordan's body?
5. Why is Conrad so upset after his fight?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)