|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Conrad call second when he gets home from his finals?
(b) Dr. Berger.
2. Who does Conrad visit at the end of the novel?
(a) Karen's mom.
3. What do Cal and his partner discuss at work?
(a) Beth's family.
(b) Conrad's stay at the mental hospital.
(c) The new computers.
(d) Their new secretary.
4. What does Conrad find when he gets home after his finals?
(a) Jeanine is waiting for him there.
(b) Cal is at home already.
(c) Beth has left the family.
(d) Beth's bridge club.
5. What word best describes the way Conrad feels he needs to be?
6. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
(a) She wants to help Conrad.
(b) That Conrad is a bad influence.
(c) That it will affect their relationship.
(d) That it's no big deal.
7. Who has Beth discussed personal affairs with in chapter 19?
(c) Dr. Berger.
8. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
(a) Why they felt the need to act out.
(b) Why parents don't understand teenagers.
(c) How they got better.
(d) How they can blend in with the rest of their classmates.
9. Which of the following best describes Conrad's life at the end of the novel?
(a) Out of touch with reality.
(b) Dependent upon others.
(c) In order.
(d) Straying from the course his therapist set out.
10. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
(a) Bloody nose.
(b) Broken nose.
(c) Black eye.
(d) Broken arm.
11. Who does Beth leave without saying goodbye to?
(a) She says goodbye to both Cal and Conrad.
(b) Cal and Conrad.
12. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
(a) Conrad's suicide attempt.
(b) Jordan's accomplishments.
(c) Jordan's death.
(d) Cal and Beth's relationship.
13. What is Conrad's response to Beth's behavior when she returns from the trip?
(a) Conrad tries to manipulate her.
(b) Conrad is extremely affectionate.
(c) Conrad doesn't give in to her behavior.
(d) Conrad is delighted with the attention.
14. What do Conrad and Jeanine plan to do on their date in chapter 24?
(a) Go to a concert.
(b) Go bowling.
(c) Play soccer.
(d) See a movie.
15. In what way(s) do Conrad and Jeanine grow closer in chapter 30?
(a) Emotionally and physically.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Conrad doing on his own at the end of the novel?
2. What is Conrad worried that his parents will do about his fight?
3. What is Cal's plan when Beth leaves in chapter 31?
4. Where does Conrad pick up Jeanine for a date in chapter 24?
5. How would Cal describe Beth in chapter 31?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)