|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad get from Cal after they talk about the fight?
(a) A bandage.
(c) A sense of pride.
(d) Fighting tips.
2. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
(a) Jeanine's dad.
(b) Jeanine's mom.
(c) Jeanine's mom and brother.
(d) Jeanine's ex-boyfriend.
3. What is the name of Cal's mentor in school?
4. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
(a) That she wants to leave.
(b) That she misses Jordan.
(c) That she doesn't hate Conrad.
(d) That she won't be manipulated.
5. What does Cal find that he wants to do after thinking about his mentor?
(a) Fix the past.
(b) Get a divorce.
(c) Find a way to connect with Conrad.
(d) Find his mentor and reconnect.
6. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
7. Where does Conrad pick up Jeanine for a date in chapter 24?
(a) At school.
(b) At her work.
(c) At choir practice.
(d) At her house.
8. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
(c) Chinese food.
(d) Cotton candy.
9. What word best describes Jeanine's behavior after her parents got divorced?
10. What do Cal and his partner discuss at work?
(a) The new computers.
(b) Conrad's stay at the mental hospital.
(c) Beth's family.
(d) Their new secretary.
11. How does Karen die?
(a) She cut herself.
(b) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
(c) Overdose of medication.
(d) Car accident.
12. For how long do Cal and Beth fight when they both get back from the trip?
(a) One week.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) Several months.
(d) Four days.
13. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
(a) That it's no big deal.
(b) That Conrad is a bad influence.
(c) She wants to help Conrad.
(d) That it will affect their relationship.
14. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
(a) Not a sharer.
(b) Not a giver.
(c) A taker.
(d) A fixer.
15. Who does Conrad stay with when his parents are out of town?
(b) His grandparents.
(c) At home alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Conrad doing on his own at the end of the novel?
2. What place does Cal get in his golf tournament?
3. Who does Conrad talk to after his final?
4. In chapter 19, Cal realizes that he worries about Conrad for what reason?
5. Why does Conrad's therapist say that Conrad pushes himself down?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)