|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
(a) That she won't be manipulated.
(b) That she doesn't hate Conrad.
(c) That she misses Jordan.
(d) That she wants to leave.
2. Who does Beth leave without saying goodbye to?
(c) Cal and Conrad.
(d) She says goodbye to both Cal and Conrad.
3. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
(a) Financial issues.
(b) Her dad had an affair.
(c) They were forced into marriage in the first place.
(d) Her mom had an affair.
4. What do Conrad and Jeanine plan to do on their date in chapter 24?
(a) See a movie.
(b) Play soccer.
(c) Go bowling.
(d) Go to a concert.
5. Where do Beth and Cal take Conrad when they get home from their trip?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To a choir performance.
(c) To see a movie.
(d) To breakfast.
6. Where do Cal and Beth travel to in chapter 24?
7. What do Conrad and Jeanine discuss on their date?
(a) Jeanine's parents and their divorce.
(b) Conrad's parents potentially divorcing.
(c) Conrad's suicide attempt.
(d) Jeanine constantly babysitting her brother.
8. Who does Conrad visit at the end of the novel?
(c) Karen's mom.
9. What do Cal and his partner discuss at work?
(a) Conrad's stay at the mental hospital.
(b) The new computers.
(c) Their new secretary.
(d) Beth's family.
10. In chapter 19, Cal realizes that he worries about Conrad for what reason?
(a) He wants to show Beth how to be there for Conrad.
(b) He doesn't want to disconnect from his son.
(c) He doesn't want to miss the signs.
(d) He doesn't think Conrad is ready to be out of the mental hospital.
11. What is one thing that Conrad and Jeanine agree that they do not know?
(a) How they got better.
(b) Why parents don't understand teenagers.
(c) How they can blend in with the rest of their classmates.
(d) Why they felt the need to act out.
12. What word best describes Jeanine's behavior after her parents got divorced?
13. How does Conrad find out about Karen's death?
(a) Newspaper obituary.
(b) Online obituary.
(c) Jeanine told him.
(d) Karen's mother called him.
14. What launches Conrad's introspection in chapter 27?
(a) Beth yelling at him.
(b) Cal and Beth's vacation.
(c) Karen's death.
(d) His date with Jeanine.
15. What does Conrad's therapist tell him to do when he goes home after Karen's death?
(a) Eat something.
(b) Write a letter to Karen's mom.
(d) Talk to Jeanine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cal's mentor write him off?
2. Who was with Jordan when the boat accident occurred?
3. How does Cal's mentor describe Beth?
4. In the epilogue, what has Conrad finished doing?
5. What is the best way to describe Conrad's depression?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)