|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad feel responsible for?
(a) The relationship between Cal and Beth.
(b) Beth's depression.
(c) Karen's death.
(d) Jordan's death.
2. What word best describes Conrad's emotions about Karen's death?
3. How does Conrad find out about Karen's death?
(a) Jeanine told him.
(b) Karen's mother called him.
(c) Online obituary.
(d) Newspaper obituary.
4. What word best describes Jeanine's behavior after her parents got divorced?
5. Who does Conrad talk to after his final?
(b) His English teacher.
6. What launches Conrad's introspection in chapter 27?
(a) His date with Jeanine.
(b) Karen's death.
(c) Cal and Beth's vacation.
(d) Beth yelling at him.
7. How would Cal describe Beth in chapter 31?
(a) An uncaring mother.
(b) An emotional cripple.
(c) Deliberately distant.
(d) A taker.
8. How is Conrad doing on his own at the end of the novel?
(a) He is doing very well.
(b) He has become attached to Jeanine.
(c) He is doing very poorly.
(d) He is very dependent.
9. Who sends Conrad home after they find him walking the streets at night?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Jeanine's mom.
10. What do Cal and his partner discuss at work?
(a) Conrad's stay at the mental hospital.
(b) Their new secretary.
(c) The new computers.
(d) Beth's family.
11. What do Conrad and Jeanine plan to do on their date in chapter 24?
(a) Go to a concert.
(b) Go bowling.
(c) Play soccer.
(d) See a movie.
12. What does Beth seem to be proving when she gets back from the trip?
(a) That she wants to leave.
(b) That she won't be manipulated.
(c) That she doesn't hate Conrad.
(d) That she misses Jordan.
13. What type of interaction do Beth and Cal have on the way home from their vacation?
(b) Talking about what to do with Conrad.
(d) Talking about a trip for Beth to take alone.
14. Who is rude to Conrad on the phone during his first phone call?
(a) Joe's mom.
(c) Karen's mom.
(d) Jeanine's mom.
15. In chapter 19, Cal realizes that he worries about Conrad for what reason?
(a) He doesn't want to miss the signs.
(b) He wants to show Beth how to be there for Conrad.
(c) He doesn't want to disconnect from his son.
(d) He doesn't think Conrad is ready to be out of the mental hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take to find Jordan's body?
2. Who does Conrad get into a physical fight with?
3. What does Beth decide to do in chapter 31?
4. What does Conrad find when he gets home after his finals?
5. Why did Jeanine's parents divorce?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)