|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Conrad goes to visit a friend in the epilogue, where do they go?
(a) To play golf.
(b) To go bowling.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To an arcade.
2. What is Conrad's first final in chapter 18?
3. What is the name of Beth's brother?
4. In the epilogue, what has Conrad finished doing?
(a) Dating Jeanine.
(b) Seeing his therapist.
(d) Playing guitar.
5. How does Karen die?
(a) Overdose of medication.
(b) Carbon monoxide poisoning.
(c) Car accident.
(d) She cut herself.
6. How does Jeanine feel about Conrad's suicide attempt?
(a) That it's no big deal.
(b) She wants to help Conrad.
(c) That Conrad is a bad influence.
(d) That it will affect their relationship.
7. When do Conrad and Jeanine agree to go out again?
8. Where do Cal and Beth travel to in chapter 24?
9. What word best describes the way Conrad feels he needs to be?
10. Who is rude to Conrad on the phone during his first phone call?
(a) Jeanine's mom.
(b) Joe's mom.
(c) Karen's mom.
11. What does Jeanine ask questions about in chapter 30?
(a) Conrad's suicide attempt.
(b) Cal and Beth's relationship.
(c) Jordan's accomplishments.
(d) Jordan's death.
12. Who do Cal and Beth stay with when they travel together for a golf tournament?
(a) Cal's sister and brother-in-law.
(b) Beth's brother and sister-in-law.
(c) Cal's brother and sister-in-law.
(d) Beth's sister and brother-in-law.
13. What injuries does Conrad inflict on his opponent when he gets in a fight?
(a) Broken nose.
(b) Black eye.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Bloody nose.
14. Why does Conrad's therapist say that Conrad pushes himself down?
(a) Conrad doesn't connect with his own uniqueness.
(b) Conrad tries too hard to keep his parents from worrying.
(c) Conrad tries too hard to impress others.
(d) Conrad doesn't connect with Beth.
15. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 20?
(a) Jeanine's mom and brother.
(b) Jeanine's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Jeanine's mom.
(d) Jeanine's dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment from Beth causes Cal to drink too much when he is on vacation with Beth?
2. How is Conrad doing on his own at the end of the novel?
3. What do Conrad and Jeanine eat on their date?
4. Why does Conrad get into a fight?
5. What is Cal's plan when Beth leaves in chapter 31?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)