|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Conrad, what does Beth think of him?
(a) She can't forgive him for Jordan's death.
(b) She wishes he were back in the hospital.
(c) She hates that he isn't a jock.
(d) She can't forgive him for attempting to commit suicide.
2. In chapter 14, how does Conrad feel about what he said to Beth?
3. What does Cal believe his role is in the family?
(a) A fixer.
(b) A sharer.
(c) A taker.
(d) A giver.
4. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
(a) His mom couldn't stand to be around his moping.
(b) He tried to hurt a classmate.
(c) He attempted suicide.
(d) His brother had a bad influence on him.
5. Where does Lazenby invite Conrad?
(a) To see a movie.
(b) To go get a soda.
(c) To go for a drive.
(d) To go to the gym.
6. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 3?
7. In chapter 11, who does Beth have lunch with?
(a) Nancy Hanley.
(b) Cal's partner.
(c) Carole Lazenby.
8. What is the significance of chapter 7?
(a) It is the point where Conrad sets goals for himself.
(b) It is the point where Conrad understands himself.
(c) It marks the lowest point in Conrad's life.
(d) It marks the highest point in Conrad's life.
9. How does Conrad spend his birthday?
(a) Visiting with Karen.
(b) Cleaning out the garage with Cal.
(c) Babysitting with Jeanine.
(d) Having lunch with Beth.
10. A test in what class upset Conrad the year before?
11. What is Beth envious of?
(a) Cal's ability to get away from home during the day.
(b) The attention Conrad gets from Cal.
(c) The vacation that Conrad and Cal are going on.
(d) Conrad's musical ability.
12. What does Cal realize about his family while they celebrate Christmas?
(a) That they will never be the same again.
(b) That they all need therapy.
(c) That they are all grieving in their own ways.
(d) That they are all depressed.
13. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
(a) Dr. Berger.
14. What group or event does Conrad want to quit?
(a) High school.
(b) Swim team.
(c) Going to counseling.
15. Since Conrad had a dream about being confined, what can he no longer do peacefully?
(b) Wake up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Conrad feel about Cal's Christmas gift?
2. How does Conrad believe he has let Beth down?
3. What is Beth's occupation?
4. What is the name of Conrad's brother?
5. Which of the following is Conrad's third goal?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)