|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lazenby invite Conrad?
(a) To go for a drive.
(b) To see a movie.
(c) To go get a soda.
(d) To go to the gym.
2. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
3. What marks Conrad's happiest time in the novel?
(b) Spending time at the library.
(d) Choir practice.
4. Where is Conrad complimented?
(d) Movie theater.
5. Where does Beth want to go for Christmas?
(d) Her parent's house.
6. Since Conrad had a dream about being confined, what can he no longer do peacefully?
(d) Wake up.
7. Who does Conrad invite out on a date?
(c) A girl at the library.
(d) The girl who is sad she failed her pop quiz.
8. When did Cal and Beth get married?
(a) After they both graduated from college.
(b) When Cal was in medical school.
(c) After Jordan was born.
(d) When Cal was in law school.
9. What is the significance of chapter 7?
(a) It marks the highest point in Conrad's life.
(b) It is the point where Conrad understands himself.
(c) It marks the lowest point in Conrad's life.
(d) It is the point where Conrad sets goals for himself.
10. Why do Conrad and Karen get together in Chapter 7?
(a) To get a soda together.
(b) To give her back a book he borrowed.
(c) To catch a movie.
(d) To get ice cream together.
11. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
(a) Putting Conrad back in the mental hospital.
(b) Going to her parent's house.
(c) The cause of Jordan's death.
(d) Going to London.
12. How often does Conrad go to therapy?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Two times a week.
(d) Once a month.
13. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
(a) He doesn't have the same interests.
(b) He reminds her of the hospital.
(c) He brings her mood down.
(d) She wants to go back to the hospital.
14. What makes Beth angry while she and Cal are out together?
(a) He talks about Conrad's problems.
(b) He spends the whole night talking to another woman.
(c) He talks about work all night.
(d) He talks about Beth's personal problems.
15. Which word best describes Conrad's therapist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cal and Conrad buy in chapter 13?
2. What is the name of Conrad's brother?
3. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
4. What day of the week is it in chapter 8?
5. What does Cal want to believe?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)