|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beth want to go for Christmas?
(b) Her parent's house.
2. How does Conrad feel about Cal's Christmas gift?
3. What is Conrad's only escape?
(d) His car.
4. What is Conrad's excuse for not going with Lazenby?
(a) He has to study.
(b) He has therapy.
(c) He has to meet Karen.
(d) He has to meet Jeanine.
5. What is Beth envious of?
(a) Cal's ability to get away from home during the day.
(b) Conrad's musical ability.
(c) The attention Conrad gets from Cal.
(d) The vacation that Conrad and Cal are going on.
6. Why did Beth never visit Conrad when he was in the hospital?
(a) She was working full-time.
(b) She was traveling.
(c) She had to take care of her parents.
(d) She experienced too much grief.
7. Why doesn't Conrad tell Beth about quitting the team?
(a) Beth will put him back in the mental hospital.
(b) Beth will punish him.
(c) Beth just doesn't connect with Conrad.
(d) Beth will tell her friends.
8. What does Beth believe that Conrad is doing?
(a) Manipulating her.
(b) Trying to kill himself again.
(c) Punishing himself for Jordan's death.
(d) Trying to get out of going to counseling.
9. How does Conrad spend his birthday?
(a) Babysitting with Jeanine.
(b) Cleaning out the garage with Cal.
(c) Having lunch with Beth.
(d) Visiting with Karen.
10. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To make amends with Karen.
(c) To go to the movies with Jeanine.
(d) To make amends with Beth.
11. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
12. Who does Conrad ride to school with in chapter 3?
13. In chapter 11, who does Beth have lunch with?
(a) Carole Lazenby.
(b) Cal's partner.
(d) Nancy Hanley.
14. How often does Conrad go to therapy?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Two times a week.
(d) Every day.
15. What is the name of the wife of Cal's partner's?
(a) Jeanine Lazenby.
(b) Carole Lazenby.
(c) Susan Hanley.
(d) Nancy Hanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Cal play?
2. What is the best word to describe Beth?
3. Why breakthrough occurs in chapter 13 for Conrad?
4. What is Conrad's reaction to hearing his classmates taunt him?
5. Why do Conrad and Karen get together in Chapter 7?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)