|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Conrad's dream, what is he trapped in?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A cave.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A tunnel.
2. What is Conrad's excuse for not going with Lazenby?
(a) He has to meet Karen.
(b) He has therapy.
(c) He has to meet Jeanine.
(d) He has to study.
3. As of the beginning of the novel, how long has Conrad been out of the hospital?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
4. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
5. In what class does Conrad have a pop quiz?
6. Where do Beth and Cal go together in chapter 8?
(a) Dinner party.
(c) Meeting at Conrad's school.
(d) Golf tournament.
7. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
(a) To make amends with Karen.
(b) To go to the movies with Jeanine.
(c) To get a job.
(d) To make amends with Beth.
8. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
(c) Dr. Berger.
9. Why doesn't Conrad tell Cal about quitting the team?
(a) Cal worries too much.
(b) Cal will punish him.
(c) Cal will tell Beth.
(d) Cal will make him go to therapy more often.
10. According to Conrad, what does Beth think of him?
(a) She hates that he isn't a jock.
(b) She wishes he were back in the hospital.
(c) She can't forgive him for attempting to commit suicide.
(d) She can't forgive him for Jordan's death.
11. What word best describes the meeting between Conrad and Karen?
12. What instrument does Cal play?
13. What is Conrad's reaction to hearing his classmates taunt him?
(a) He quits choir.
(b) He quits the swim team.
(c) He runs home from school.
(d) He runs to see his therapist.
14. In chapter 11, who does Beth have lunch with?
(a) Cal's partner.
(b) Nancy Hanley.
(c) Carole Lazenby.
15. Which of the following is Conrad's third goal?
(a) To talk to Cal.
(b) To find more friends.
(c) To go to the movies with Lazenby.
(d) To get in a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doctor does Cal decide to see in chapter 17?
2. Where does Conrad's family go for Christmas?
3. Who does the therapist say that Conrad needs to forgive?
4. What marks Conrad's happiest time in the novel?
5. What kind of person does Conrad perceive himself to be?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)