|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Cal play?
2. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
(a) He brings her mood down.
(b) He doesn't have the same interests.
(c) She wants to go back to the hospital.
(d) He reminds her of the hospital.
3. What does Beth confront Conrad about in chapter 13?
(a) Quitting the swim team.
(b) Dating Jeanine.
(c) Joining choir team.
(d) Ending a friendship with Karen.
4. What does Cal believe his responsibility is?
(a) To find a way to make the family a complete unit again.
(b) To keep his family happy.
(c) To get the whole family into therapy.
(d) To teach Beth to love Conrad again.
5. Which word best describes Conrad's therapist?
6. What is the best word to describe Beth?
7. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 3?
8. What does Cal realize about his family while they celebrate Christmas?
(a) That they will never be the same again.
(b) That they are all grieving in their own ways.
(c) That they are all depressed.
(d) That they all need therapy.
9. What is the name of Conrad's therapist?
(b) Dr. Berger.
(c) Dr. Shepherd.
(d) Dr. Lazenby.
10. What does Cal believe his role is in the family?
(a) A fixer.
(b) A taker.
(c) A sharer.
(d) A giver.
11. What is Beth envious of?
(a) The attention Conrad gets from Cal.
(b) Cal's ability to get away from home during the day.
(c) The vacation that Conrad and Cal are going on.
(d) Conrad's musical ability.
12. How did Conrad's brother die?
(b) Car accident.
(c) Swimming accident.
(d) Sailing accident.
13. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
(a) He tried to hurt a classmate.
(b) His mom couldn't stand to be around his moping.
(c) He attempted suicide.
(d) His brother had a bad influence on him.
14. In chapter 11, who does Beth have lunch with?
(a) Nancy Hanley.
(c) Carole Lazenby.
(d) Cal's partner.
15. Why doesn't Conrad tell Cal about quitting the team?
(a) Cal will punish him.
(b) Cal will make him go to therapy more often.
(c) Cal worries too much.
(d) Cal will tell Beth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Beth never visit Conrad when he was in the hospital?
2. When did Cal and Beth get married?
3. Why doesn't Conrad tell Beth about quitting the team?
4. Why do Conrad and Karen get together in Chapter 7?
5. In chapter 16, which of the following is Conrad's first goal?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)