|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cal and Conrad buy in chapter 13?
(a) A set of golf clubs.
(b) A car.
(c) A bouquet of flowers for Jeanine.
(d) A Christmas tree.
2. Which of the following is Conrad's second goal?
(a) To get more exercise.
(b) To write more poetry.
(c) To get his bumper sticker collection back.
(d) To quit going to therapy.
3. What is Cal's Christmas present?
(a) A new set of goggles.
(b) A trip to Spain.
(c) A new car.
(d) A signed book.
4. Which word best describes Conrad's therapist?
5. What is Conrad's only escape?
(c) His car.
6. In chapter 16, which of the following is Conrad's first goal?
(a) To join the swim team again.
(b) To boost his self-confidence.
(c) To study successfully for his history midterm.
(d) To pass his finals.
7. What is Conrad's reaction to hearing his classmates taunt him?
(a) He runs to see his therapist.
(b) He runs home from school.
(c) He quits the swim team.
(d) He quits choir.
8. Where does Beth want to go for Christmas?
(d) Her parent's house.
9. At school, what is Conrad overwhelmed by?
(a) The lunch room.
(b) The crowd.
(c) A pop quiz in Trig.
(d) The swim team.
10. What grade does Conrad get on his pop quiz?
11. Why did Beth never visit Conrad when he was in the hospital?
(a) She was traveling.
(b) She had to take care of her parents.
(c) She experienced too much grief.
(d) She was working full-time.
12. Since Conrad had a dream about being confined, what can he no longer do peacefully?
(b) Wake up.
13. Why does Cal believe that suicide doesn't seem like something Conrad would do?
(a) Conrad has a lot of friends.
(b) Conrad is usually happy.
(c) Conrad gets good grades.
(d) Conrad has never failed at anything.
14. What does Conrad believe that a person's life can be summed up in?
(a) A bumper sticker.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) A classified advertisement.
15. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
(a) Going to London.
(b) Putting Conrad back in the mental hospital.
(c) The cause of Jordan's death.
(d) Going to her parent's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cal have lunch with in chapter 11?
2. What does Conrad wait to do after the other boys are done?
3. What does Conrad have trouble remembering?
4. How does Conrad feel about Cal's Christmas gift?
5. What doctor does Cal decide to see in chapter 17?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)