|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Conrad talk to about his dream?
(a) Dr. Berger.
(d) Dr. Shepherd.
2. In chapter 16, which of the following is Conrad's first goal?
(a) To join the swim team again.
(b) To boost his self-confidence.
(c) To pass his finals.
(d) To study successfully for his history midterm.
3. Why doesn't Conrad tell Cal about quitting the team?
(a) Cal will punish him.
(b) Cal will make him go to therapy more often.
(c) Cal will tell Beth.
(d) Cal worries too much.
4. How did Conrad's brother die?
(a) Sailing accident.
(b) Swimming accident.
(c) Car accident.
5. What is the name of Conrad's therapist?
(a) Dr. Lazenby.
(c) Dr. Shepherd.
(d) Dr. Berger.
6. What does Conrad have trouble remembering?
(a) The day his brother died.
(b) The day he got out of the hospital.
(c) Which day of the week it is.
(d) The name of the neighbors.
7. Why breakthrough occurs in chapter 13 for Conrad?
(a) He is excited about something.
(b) He reveals his emotions.
(c) He finally speaks to his mother.
(d) He spends time with Cal.
8. What does Cal believe his role is in the family?
(a) A fixer.
(b) A taker.
(c) A giver.
(d) A sharer.
9. Why doesn't Conrad tell Beth about quitting the team?
(a) Beth will put him back in the mental hospital.
(b) Beth just doesn't connect with Conrad.
(c) Beth will tell her friends.
(d) Beth will punish him.
10. What does Beth believe that Conrad is doing?
(a) Trying to get out of going to counseling.
(b) Manipulating her.
(c) Punishing himself for Jordan's death.
(d) Trying to kill himself again.
11. Which of the following is Conrad's second goal?
(a) To get more exercise.
(b) To write more poetry.
(c) To get his bumper sticker collection back.
(d) To quit going to therapy.
12. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
(a) He doesn't have the same interests.
(b) He reminds her of the hospital.
(c) She wants to go back to the hospital.
(d) He brings her mood down.
13. Where does Lazenby invite Conrad?
(a) To see a movie.
(b) To go for a drive.
(c) To go to the gym.
(d) To go get a soda.
14. What grade does Conrad get on his pop quiz?
15. What doctor does Cal decide to see in chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Shepherd.
(b) Dr. Angula.
(c) Dr. Smith.
(d) Dr. Berger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beth's occupation?
2. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
3. What does Conrad worry about after his meeting with Karen?
4. What marks Conrad's happiest time in the novel?
5. What kind of person does Conrad perceive himself to be?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)