|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conrad's excuse for not going with Lazenby?
(a) He has to study.
(b) He has to meet Jeanine.
(c) He has therapy.
(d) He has to meet Karen.
2. Who does Conrad ride to school with in chapter 3?
3. What is Beth's occupation?
(d) She's unemployed.
4. How often does Conrad go to therapy?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Two times a week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once a month.
5. How did Conrad's brother die?
(b) Sailing accident.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Swimming accident.
6. What group is Conrad a part of in school?
(c) Honors courses.
(d) Debate team.
7. Where did Karen and Conrad meet?
(a) The mental hospital.
(b) Choir practice.
(d) Swim team meet up.
8. According to Conrad, what does Beth think of him?
(a) She hates that he isn't a jock.
(b) She can't forgive him for attempting to commit suicide.
(c) She wishes he were back in the hospital.
(d) She can't forgive him for Jordan's death.
9. What do Cal and Conrad buy in chapter 13?
(a) A set of golf clubs.
(b) A bouquet of flowers for Jeanine.
(c) A Christmas tree.
(d) A car.
10. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 3?
11. Where do Beth and Cal go together in chapter 8?
(a) Golf tournament.
(b) Dinner party.
(d) Meeting at Conrad's school.
12. What does Conrad have trouble remembering?
(a) The day his brother died.
(b) Which day of the week it is.
(c) The day he got out of the hospital.
(d) The name of the neighbors.
13. In Conrad's dream, what is he trapped in?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A tunnel.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A cave.
14. In chapter 11, who does Beth have lunch with?
(a) Carole Lazenby.
(b) Cal's partner.
(d) Nancy Hanley.
15. What does Cal believe his responsibility is?
(a) To find a way to make the family a complete unit again.
(b) To teach Beth to love Conrad again.
(c) To keep his family happy.
(d) To get the whole family into therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why breakthrough occurs in chapter 13 for Conrad?
2. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
3. What does Conrad have trouble doing?
4. What does Beth confront Conrad about in chapter 13?
5. What does Cal want to believe?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)