|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth believe that Conrad is doing?
(a) Trying to get out of going to counseling.
(b) Punishing himself for Jordan's death.
(c) Trying to kill himself again.
(d) Manipulating her.
2. What group or event does Conrad want to quit?
(a) Going to counseling.
(b) Swim team.
(c) High school.
3. What is the best word to describe Beth?
4. What age would Jordan have achieved, according to Cal?
5. Where does Conrad's family go for Christmas?
(a) Beth's parents' home.
(b) Cal's parents' home.
6. What is Conrad's excuse for not going with Lazenby?
(a) He has to meet Jeanine.
(b) He has to meet Karen.
(c) He has therapy.
(d) He has to study.
7. At school, what is Conrad overwhelmed by?
(a) A pop quiz in Trig.
(b) The crowd.
(c) The swim team.
(d) The lunch room.
8. What does Beth confront Conrad about in chapter 13?
(a) Dating Jeanine.
(b) Joining choir team.
(c) Ending a friendship with Karen.
(d) Quitting the swim team.
9. Which of the following is Conrad's second goal?
(a) To write more poetry.
(b) To quit going to therapy.
(c) To get his bumper sticker collection back.
(d) To get more exercise.
10. What is the significance of chapter 7?
(a) It marks the lowest point in Conrad's life.
(b) It is the point where Conrad understands himself.
(c) It marks the highest point in Conrad's life.
(d) It is the point where Conrad sets goals for himself.
11. What does Beth complain about in chapter 6?
(a) Cal not working hard enough.
(b) Cal not wanting to go to London.
(c) Cal questioning Conrad.
(d) Cal breathing down Beth's neck.
12. How long did Conrad spend in the hospital?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 8 months.
13. How does Conrad describe being on the swim team?
(a) Time consuming.
(b) Confidence boosting.
14. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To make amends with Karen.
(c) To go to the movies with Jeanine.
(d) To make amends with Beth.
15. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
(a) Going to her parent's house.
(b) Putting Conrad back in the mental hospital.
(c) The cause of Jordan's death.
(d) Going to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Conrad tell Cal about quitting the team?
2. What is Conrad's only escape?
3. According to Conrad, what does Beth think of him?
4. In chapter 14, how does Conrad feel about what he said to Beth?
5. What is Beth's occupation?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)