|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, how does Conrad feel about what he said to Beth?
2. How does Conrad believe he has let Beth down?
(a) By attempting to commit suicide.
(b) By quitting the swim team.
(c) By yelling at her.
(d) By not saving Jordan's life.
3. How does Conrad spend his birthday?
(a) Cleaning out the garage with Cal.
(b) Visiting with Karen.
(c) Babysitting with Jeanine.
(d) Having lunch with Beth.
4. Who calls attention to Conrad's issues?
(b) English teacher.
(c) Trigonometry teacher.
5. What is the significance of chapter 7?
(a) It is the point where Conrad understands himself.
(b) It marks the lowest point in Conrad's life.
(c) It marks the highest point in Conrad's life.
(d) It is the point where Conrad sets goals for himself.
6. Since Conrad had a dream about being confined, what can he no longer do peacefully?
(a) Wake up.
7. In what class does Conrad have a pop quiz?
8. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
(a) Going to London.
(b) The cause of Jordan's death.
(c) Going to her parent's house.
(d) Putting Conrad back in the mental hospital.
9. What does Conrad wait to do after the other boys are done?
(b) Change clothes.
(c) Leave the locker room.
(d) Dive into the pool.
10. What kind of memory does Conrad have when he asks out a girl to go on a date?
(a) A pleasant memory about Beth and Cal.
(b) A melancholy memory about Karen.
(c) A pleasant memory about Jordan.
(d) A sad memory about Jordan.
11. What is Cal's Christmas present?
(a) A trip to Spain.
(b) A signed book.
(c) A new set of goggles.
(d) A new car.
12. What is Beth's occupation?
(b) She's unemployed.
13. In Conrad's dream, what is he trapped in?
(a) A tunnel.
(b) A cave.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A classroom.
14. Who confronts Conrad about quitting the swim team?
(a) Dr. Berger.
15. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
(a) His brother had a bad influence on him.
(b) His mom couldn't stand to be around his moping.
(c) He tried to hurt a classmate.
(d) He attempted suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
2. Where does Conrad's family go for Christmas?
3. What kind of person does Conrad perceive himself to be?
4. What grade does Conrad get on his pop quiz?
5. When did Cal and Beth get married?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)