|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group or event does Conrad want to quit?
(a) Swim team.
(c) Going to counseling.
(d) High school.
2. How does Conrad feel about Cal's Christmas gift?
3. At school, what is Conrad overwhelmed by?
(a) The crowd.
(b) The swim team.
(c) The lunch room.
(d) A pop quiz in Trig.
4. What does Conrad get to experience on his birthday?
(a) His last therapy session.
(b) His first sexual experience.
(c) His first day of dreamless sleep.
(d) His first beer.
5. What does Cal want to get for Conrad in chapter 11?
(a) A change of scenery.
(b) A car.
(c) A diving board for their pool.
(d) A book.
6. Who calls attention to Conrad's issues?
(b) English teacher.
(d) Trigonometry teacher.
7. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
(a) She wants to go back to the hospital.
(b) He brings her mood down.
(c) He doesn't have the same interests.
(d) He reminds her of the hospital.
8. What is the significance of chapter 7?
(a) It marks the lowest point in Conrad's life.
(b) It marks the highest point in Conrad's life.
(c) It is the point where Conrad sets goals for himself.
(d) It is the point where Conrad understands himself.
9. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
(a) Putting Conrad back in the mental hospital.
(b) The cause of Jordan's death.
(c) Going to her parent's house.
(d) Going to London.
10. Why did Beth never visit Conrad when he was in the hospital?
(a) She was traveling.
(b) She was working full-time.
(c) She had to take care of her parents.
(d) She experienced too much grief.
11. In what class does Conrad have a pop quiz?
12. What is Beth's occupation?
(c) She's unemployed.
13. What does Conrad believe that a person's life can be summed up in?
(a) A bumper sticker.
(b) A song.
(c) A poem.
(d) A classified advertisement.
14. Who does Conrad ride to school with in chapter 3?
15. What does Conrad have trouble doing?
(c) Studying for a history test.
(d) Seeing the counselor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Conrad complimented?
2. How long did Conrad spend in the hospital?
3. What day of the week is it in chapter 8?
4. A test in what class upset Conrad the year before?
5. What word best describes the meeting between Conrad and Karen?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)