|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth complain about in chapter 6?
(a) Cal not working hard enough.
(b) Cal breathing down Beth's neck.
(c) Cal not wanting to go to London.
(d) Cal questioning Conrad.
2. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
3. What does Cal reflect on in chapter 6?
(a) His own stay at a mental hospital.
(b) His mentor in law school.
(c) His mentor in medical school.
(d) His own therapist.
4. How does Conrad describe being on the swim team?
(c) Confidence boosting.
(d) Time consuming.
5. What does Conrad believe that a person's life can be summed up in?
(a) A song.
(b) A poem.
(c) A bumper sticker.
(d) A classified advertisement.
6. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
(a) His mom couldn't stand to be around his moping.
(b) His brother had a bad influence on him.
(c) He tried to hurt a classmate.
(d) He attempted suicide.
7. What is Beth envious of?
(a) The vacation that Conrad and Cal are going on.
(b) Conrad's musical ability.
(c) Cal's ability to get away from home during the day.
(d) The attention Conrad gets from Cal.
8. Where did Karen and Conrad meet?
(a) Choir practice.
(b) Swim team meet up.
(c) The mental hospital.
9. What does Conrad get to experience on his birthday?
(a) His first beer.
(b) His first sexual experience.
(c) His last therapy session.
(d) His first day of dreamless sleep.
10. What tells Cal that Conrad's suicide attempt was serious?
(a) The direction of the cuts on his body.
(b) The therapist's assessment.
(c) The letter Conrad wrote to him.
(d) The location Conrad attempted suicide.
11. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
(a) Dr. Berger.
12. What does Beth confront Conrad about in chapter 13?
(a) Dating Jeanine.
(b) Ending a friendship with Karen.
(c) Joining choir team.
(d) Quitting the swim team.
13. Where does Conrad's family go for Christmas?
(b) Cal's parents' home.
(c) Beth's parents' home.
14. What group is Conrad a part of in school?
(a) Honors courses.
(d) Debate team.
15. How often does Conrad go to therapy?
(a) Two times a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls attention to Conrad's issues?
2. What is Cal's occupation?
3. What is the best word to describe Beth?
4. Which of the following is Conrad's second goal?
5. Which word best describes Conrad's therapist?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)