|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the meeting between Conrad and Karen?
2. What does Cal believe his role is in the family?
(a) A taker.
(b) A giver.
(c) A fixer.
(d) A sharer.
3. What does Cal reflect on in chapter 6?
(a) His mentor in law school.
(b) His mentor in medical school.
(c) His own stay at a mental hospital.
(d) His own therapist.
4. What is the name of Conrad's therapist?
(a) Dr. Lazenby.
(c) Dr. Shepherd.
(d) Dr. Berger.
5. How does Conrad describe being on the swim team?
(b) Confidence boosting.
(d) Time consuming.
6. Why doesn't Conrad tell Beth about quitting the team?
(a) Beth just doesn't connect with Conrad.
(b) Beth will put him back in the mental hospital.
(c) Beth will tell her friends.
(d) Beth will punish him.
7. Since Conrad had a dream about being confined, what can he no longer do peacefully?
(a) Wake up.
8. What is Cal's occupation?
9. In Conrad's dream, what is he trapped in?
(a) A tunnel.
(b) A cave.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A swimming pool.
10. What does Cal believe his responsibility is?
(a) To get the whole family into therapy.
(b) To teach Beth to love Conrad again.
(c) To keep his family happy.
(d) To find a way to make the family a complete unit again.
11. What marks Conrad's happiest time in the novel?
(a) Spending time at the library.
(d) Choir practice.
12. A test in what class upset Conrad the year before?
13. At school, what is Conrad overwhelmed by?
(a) The lunch room.
(b) The swim team.
(c) The crowd.
(d) A pop quiz in Trig.
14. Who does Conrad invite out on a date?
(b) The girl who is sad she failed her pop quiz.
(d) A girl at the library.
15. In chapter 14, how does Conrad feel about what he said to Beth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrad worry about after his meeting with Karen?
2. Why does Cal believe that suicide doesn't seem like something Conrad would do?
3. What does Beth complain about in chapter 6?
4. Where is Conrad complimented?
5. Where did Karen and Conrad meet?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)