|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Conrad's therapist?
(a) Dr. Lazenby.
(b) Dr. Berger.
(c) Dr. Shepherd.
2. What is Beth envious of?
(a) Cal's ability to get away from home during the day.
(b) Conrad's musical ability.
(c) The vacation that Conrad and Cal are going on.
(d) The attention Conrad gets from Cal.
3. What doctor does Cal decide to see in chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Shepherd.
(c) Dr. Berger.
(d) Dr. Angula.
4. Why does Cal believe that suicide doesn't seem like something Conrad would do?
(a) Conrad has never failed at anything.
(b) Conrad is usually happy.
(c) Conrad has a lot of friends.
(d) Conrad gets good grades.
5. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
6. What does Cal believe his responsibility is?
(a) To teach Beth to love Conrad again.
(b) To keep his family happy.
(c) To find a way to make the family a complete unit again.
(d) To get the whole family into therapy.
7. How often does Conrad go to therapy?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Two times a week.
(d) Every day.
8. In chapter 16, which of the following is Conrad's first goal?
(a) To pass his finals.
(b) To join the swim team again.
(c) To study successfully for his history midterm.
(d) To boost his self-confidence.
9. What does Conrad believe that a person's life can be summed up in?
(a) A classified advertisement.
(b) A song.
(c) A poem.
(d) A bumper sticker.
10. What grade does Conrad get on his pop quiz?
11. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To make amends with Karen.
(c) To make amends with Beth.
(d) To go to the movies with Jeanine.
12. What is the best word to describe Beth?
13. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
(a) Dr. Berger.
14. What does Cal believe his role is in the family?
(a) A taker.
(b) A sharer.
(c) A fixer.
(d) A giver.
15. When did Cal and Beth get married?
(a) When Cal was in law school.
(b) After they both graduated from college.
(c) When Cal was in medical school.
(d) After Jordan was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 3?
2. What is Cal afraid of after Conrad gets his present?
3. What do Cal and Conrad buy in chapter 13?
4. Where do Beth and Cal go together in chapter 8?
5. What is Conrad's reaction to hearing his classmates taunt him?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)