|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Karen want to keep in touch with Conrad?
(a) He doesn't have the same interests.
(b) She wants to go back to the hospital.
(c) He brings her mood down.
(d) He reminds her of the hospital.
2. Who does Conrad ride to school with in chapter 3?
3. Where does Beth want to go for Christmas?
(b) Her parent's house.
4. What does Conrad have trouble doing?
(b) Seeing the counselor.
(d) Studying for a history test.
5. What is Conrad's excuse for not going with Lazenby?
(a) He has to meet Karen.
(b) He has to meet Jeanine.
(c) He has to study.
(d) He has therapy.
6. How does Conrad feel about Cal's Christmas gift?
7. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
(a) The cause of Jordan's death.
(b) Going to London.
(c) Putting Conrad back in the mental hospital.
(d) Going to her parent's house.
8. Why was Conrad in the hospital?
(a) His brother had a bad influence on him.
(b) He attempted suicide.
(c) His mom couldn't stand to be around his moping.
(d) He tried to hurt a classmate.
9. Why doesn't Conrad tell Beth about quitting the team?
(a) Beth will put him back in the mental hospital.
(b) Beth will tell her friends.
(c) Beth will punish him.
(d) Beth just doesn't connect with Conrad.
10. Since Conrad had a dream about being confined, what can he no longer do peacefully?
(b) Wake up.
11. Where is Conrad complimented?
(d) Movie theater.
12. What does Beth confront Conrad about in chapter 13?
(a) Quitting the swim team.
(b) Dating Jeanine.
(c) Joining choir team.
(d) Ending a friendship with Karen.
13. What does Cal believe his responsibility is?
(a) To keep his family happy.
(b) To teach Beth to love Conrad again.
(c) To find a way to make the family a complete unit again.
(d) To get the whole family into therapy.
14. How often does Conrad go to therapy?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Two times a week.
15. How does Conrad believe he has let Beth down?
(a) By not saving Jordan's life.
(b) By quitting the swim team.
(c) By yelling at her.
(d) By attempting to commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cal afraid of after Conrad gets his present?
2. What kind of person does Conrad perceive himself to be?
3. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
4. What kind of memory does Conrad have when he asks out a girl to go on a date?
5. What does Conrad get to experience on his birthday?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)