|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Conrad's brother?
2. Who does Conrad tell that he has quit the swim team?
(d) Dr. Berger.
3. How long did Conrad spend in the hospital?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 5 weeks.
4. What does Conrad worry about after his meeting with Karen?
(a) He isn't able to find a job.
(b) He doesn't have the ability to survive.
(c) He's not smart enough.
(d) He can't face the boys on the swim team.
5. What does Cal believe his responsibility is?
(a) To find a way to make the family a complete unit again.
(b) To teach Beth to love Conrad again.
(c) To get the whole family into therapy.
(d) To keep his family happy.
6. When did Cal and Beth get married?
(a) After Jordan was born.
(b) When Cal was in law school.
(c) When Cal was in medical school.
(d) After they both graduated from college.
7. Where did Karen and Conrad meet?
(a) Swim team meet up.
(b) Choir practice.
(d) The mental hospital.
8. What does Beth complain about in chapter 6?
(a) Cal not wanting to go to London.
(b) Cal breathing down Beth's neck.
(c) Cal not working hard enough.
(d) Cal questioning Conrad.
9. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 3?
10. According to Conrad, what does Beth think of him?
(a) She can't forgive him for attempting to commit suicide.
(b) She hates that he isn't a jock.
(c) She wishes he were back in the hospital.
(d) She can't forgive him for Jordan's death.
11. What does Cal want to get for Conrad in chapter 11?
(a) A book.
(b) A diving board for their pool.
(c) A change of scenery.
(d) A car.
12. What is Conrad's excuse for not going with Lazenby?
(a) He has to study.
(b) He has to meet Jeanine.
(c) He has therapy.
(d) He has to meet Karen.
13. What does Conrad have trouble doing?
(c) Studying for a history test.
(d) Seeing the counselor.
14. What birthday does Conrad celebrate in chapter 17?
15. In chapter 11, who does Beth have lunch with?
(a) Nancy Hanley.
(b) Carole Lazenby.
(d) Cal's partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Conrad's second goal?
2. What does Conrad believe that a person's life can be summed up in?
3. How does Conrad believe he has let Beth down?
4. Which of the following is Conrad's third goal?
5. What word best describes the meeting between Conrad and Karen?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)