|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Conrad ride to school with in chapter 3?
2. Why doesn't Conrad tell Beth about quitting the team?
(a) Beth will put him back in the mental hospital.
(b) Beth just doesn't connect with Conrad.
(c) Beth will tell her friends.
(d) Beth will punish him.
3. What group or event does Conrad want to quit?
(a) High school.
(b) Swim team.
(d) Going to counseling.
4. Where does Conrad's family go for Christmas?
(b) Cal's parents' home.
(d) Beth's parents' home.
5. What word best describes the meeting between Conrad and Karen?
6. What does Conrad have trouble remembering?
(a) The day he got out of the hospital.
(b) Which day of the week it is.
(c) The day his brother died.
(d) The name of the neighbors.
7. What age would Jordan have achieved, according to Cal?
8. According to Conrad, what does Beth think of him?
(a) She can't forgive him for Jordan's death.
(b) She can't forgive him for attempting to commit suicide.
(c) She hates that he isn't a jock.
(d) She wishes he were back in the hospital.
9. Who confronts Conrad about quitting the swim team?
(b) Dr. Berger.
10. What does Conrad believe that a person's life can be summed up in?
(a) A poem.
(b) A classified advertisement.
(c) A bumper sticker.
(d) A song.
11. At school, what is Conrad overwhelmed by?
(a) The crowd.
(b) The swim team.
(c) The lunch room.
(d) A pop quiz in Trig.
12. As of the beginning of the novel, how long has Conrad been out of the hospital?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
13. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
(a) To go to the movies with Jeanine.
(b) To make amends with Beth.
(c) To make amends with Karen.
(d) To get a job.
14. What is the name of Conrad's brother?
15. A test in what class upset Conrad the year before?
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade does Conrad get on his pop quiz?
2. How does Conrad believe he has let Beth down?
3. How does Conrad feel about Cal's Christmas gift?
4. What does Cal believe his responsibility is?
5. What instrument does Cal play?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)