|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Conrad's therapist?
2. What is Cal's Christmas present?
(a) A trip to Spain.
(b) A new car.
(c) A signed book.
(d) A new set of goggles.
3. What does Conrad worry about after his meeting with Karen?
(a) He's not smart enough.
(b) He isn't able to find a job.
(c) He doesn't have the ability to survive.
(d) He can't face the boys on the swim team.
4. What does Beth complain about in chapter 6?
(a) Cal not working hard enough.
(b) Cal not wanting to go to London.
(c) Cal breathing down Beth's neck.
(d) Cal questioning Conrad.
5. What word best describes the meeting between Conrad and Karen?
6. What is the name of Conrad's therapist?
(a) Dr. Lazenby.
(c) Dr. Berger.
(d) Dr. Shepherd.
7. Who calls attention to Conrad's issues?
(a) Trigonometry teacher.
(d) English teacher.
8. Why doesn't Conrad tell Cal about quitting the team?
(a) Cal will punish him.
(b) Cal will make him go to therapy more often.
(c) Cal will tell Beth.
(d) Cal worries too much.
9. What is the significance of chapter 7?
(a) It marks the lowest point in Conrad's life.
(b) It is the point where Conrad sets goals for himself.
(c) It marks the highest point in Conrad's life.
(d) It is the point where Conrad understands himself.
10. In what class does Conrad have a pop quiz?
11. Why do Conrad and Karen get together in Chapter 7?
(a) To give her back a book he borrowed.
(b) To catch a movie.
(c) To get ice cream together.
(d) To get a soda together.
12. Who does Conrad talk to about his dream?
(b) Dr. Shepherd.
(c) Dr. Berger.
13. What does Cal believe his role is in the family?
(a) A giver.
(b) A taker.
(c) A sharer.
(d) A fixer.
14. Why did Beth never visit Conrad when he was in the hospital?
(a) She had to take care of her parents.
(b) She experienced too much grief.
(c) She was traveling.
(d) She was working full-time.
15. How did Conrad's brother die?
(a) Swimming accident.
(b) Sailing accident.
(c) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group is Conrad a part of in school?
2. Where does Beth want to go for Christmas?
3. In chapter 14, how does Conrad feel about what he said to Beth?
4. What do Cal and Beth fight about in chapter 6?
5. What doctor does Cal decide to see in chapter 17?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)