|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Conrad and Karen get together in Chapter 7?
(a) To get a soda together.
(b) To catch a movie.
(c) To give her back a book he borrowed.
(d) To get ice cream together.
2. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 3?
3. What does Cal realize about his family while they celebrate Christmas?
(a) That they all need therapy.
(b) That they are all depressed.
(c) That they will never be the same again.
(d) That they are all grieving in their own ways.
4. What grade does Conrad get on his pop quiz?
5. Which of the following is Conrad's fourth goal?
(a) To make amends with Beth.
(b) To get a job.
(c) To make amends with Karen.
(d) To go to the movies with Jeanine.
6. What group is Conrad a part of in school?
(a) Debate team.
(b) Honors courses.
7. What does Cal believe his role is in the family?
(a) A giver.
(b) A fixer.
(c) A taker.
(d) A sharer.
8. Where did Karen and Conrad meet?
(a) Choir practice.
(b) The mental hospital.
(c) Swim team meet up.
9. What makes Beth angry while she and Cal are out together?
(a) He spends the whole night talking to another woman.
(b) He talks about work all night.
(c) He talks about Conrad's problems.
(d) He talks about Beth's personal problems.
10. At school, what is Conrad overwhelmed by?
(a) A pop quiz in Trig.
(b) The crowd.
(c) The swim team.
(d) The lunch room.
11. Who does Cal have lunch with in chapter 11?
(a) His partner.
(c) Carole Lazenby.
(d) Joe Lazenby.
12. Where does Lazenby invite Conrad?
(a) To go to the gym.
(b) To go for a drive.
(c) To go get a soda.
(d) To see a movie.
13. Who does Conrad talk to about his dream?
(a) Dr. Berger.
(d) Dr. Shepherd.
14. As of the beginning of the novel, how long has Conrad been out of the hospital?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
15. What marks Conrad's happiest time in the novel?
(a) Spending time at the library.
(c) Choir practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beth's occupation?
2. What do Cal and Conrad buy in chapter 13?
3. What group or event does Conrad want to quit?
4. Where does Conrad's family go for Christmas?
5. What is Beth envious of?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)