|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beth's occupation?
(c) She's unemployed.
2. How did Conrad's brother die?
(a) Swimming accident.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Sailing accident.
3. What is the significance of chapter 7?
(a) It marks the lowest point in Conrad's life.
(b) It is the point where Conrad sets goals for himself.
(c) It marks the highest point in Conrad's life.
(d) It is the point where Conrad understands himself.
4. A test in what class upset Conrad the year before?
5. What does Conrad worry about after his meeting with Karen?
(a) He can't face the boys on the swim team.
(b) He doesn't have the ability to survive.
(c) He isn't able to find a job.
(d) He's not smart enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Conrad ride to school with in chapter 3?
2. When did Cal and Beth get married?
3. As of the beginning of the novel, how long has Conrad been out of the hospital?
4. What makes Beth angry while she and Cal are out together?
5. How often does Conrad go to therapy?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)