|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group is Conrad a part of in school?
(a) Honors courses.
(d) Debate team.
2. What does Conrad worry about after his meeting with Karen?
(a) He isn't able to find a job.
(b) He can't face the boys on the swim team.
(c) He's not smart enough.
(d) He doesn't have the ability to survive.
3. As of the beginning of the novel, how long has Conrad been out of the hospital?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
4. Why does Cal believe that suicide doesn't seem like something Conrad would do?
(a) Conrad is usually happy.
(b) Conrad gets good grades.
(c) Conrad has never failed at anything.
(d) Conrad has a lot of friends.
5. What does Beth complain about in chapter 6?
(a) Cal not working hard enough.
(b) Cal questioning Conrad.
(c) Cal not wanting to go to London.
(d) Cal breathing down Beth's neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What midterm does Conrad need to study for in chapter 8?
2. How long did Conrad spend in the hospital?
3. What is the significance of chapter 7?
4. Who does Conrad meet in chapter 3?
5. In Conrad's dream, what is he trapped in?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)