Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Conrad wakes up after being at home from a mental hospital for exactly one month.
• Cal is Conrad's dad and is a lawyer who constantly worries about Conrad.
• Beth is Conrad's mother and a stay-at-home mom.
• Conrad gets a ride to school with the neighbor, Lazenby.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Conrad is on the swim team and in choir, where he meets a new girl named Jeanine.
• Conrad's swim coach questions Conrad's dedication to the team.
• Cal and Beth meet for lunch and argue about where to go for Christmas.
• Conrad was admitted to a mental hospital for attempting to commit suicide and stayed for almost a year.
• Conrad makes an appointment with Dr. Berger, a psychiatrist.
• Conrad's first appointment with Dr. Berger is comfortable, and they agree to meet twice a week.
• The reader learns that Conrad's brother, Jordan, died in a sailing accident.
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)