|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-39 & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ruth insults Julia and the Brandts leave, Nathan asks Ruth if there is any way he can help her get rid of her anger. What is her reply?
(a) She says that he can stop telling her that everything will be okay.
(b) She says that she thinks her anger will only increase with time no matter what he does.
(c) She says he can talk to his kids more often.
(d) She says he can pray for her since that is what he does best.
2. What kind of animal does Officer Doyle blow up with the M-80 firecracker?
(a) A salamander.
(b) A bullfrog.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A seagull.
3. What do Karl's male friends say he revealed to them in the weeks leading up to Ariel's disappearance?
(a) He told his friends that he had been seeing a high school senior boy from a nearby town.
(b) He told his friends that he had been sleeping with Ariel.
(c) He told his friends he planned to pursue his acting career on Broadway rather than attending college.
(d) He told his friends that he had accepted a scholarship to attend Juilliard.
4. What does Warren Redstone have in his possession that causes the police to suspect his involvement with Ariel's disappearance?
(a) Her diamond ring.
(b) Her locket necklace.
(c) Her music note earrings.
(d) Her pearl bracelet.
5. What sins is Nathan referring to when he says that his own sins have led to Ariel's death?
(a) His permissive style of parenting.
(b) His trust of Karl.
(c) His affair with Edna Sweeney.
(d) His war experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Emil's and Ruth's performance of Ariel's chorale composition last?
2. What behavior does Ruth exhibit that lets Frank and Jake know how upset she is and truly frightens them as a result?
3. Where do Frank and Jake always go after they are done with their grandfather's yard work?
4. What is Frank's reply when Jake asks what they should do about the news they have received about jail?
5. Why is the new Bremen bank a source of fascination for Frank?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)