|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Frank and Jake always go after they are done with their grandfather's yard work?
(a) The railroad tracks.
(b) The river.
(c) Halderson's Drug Store.
(d) Edna Sweeney's house.
2. Jake asks Frank what they should do in order to deal with their grief and Frank says he has an idea but that Jake may not like it. What is Frank's idea?
(a) To clean their grandfather's house from top to bottom.
(b) To paint their grandfather's house.
(c) To work in their grandfather's yard.
(d) To build a pool in their grandfather's yard.
3. After the incident with Officer Doyle and the killing of the animal with the M-80, how does Frank feel about fireworks?
(a) He still loves them but sees now that they are dangerous.
(b) He is afraid of them and empathizes with his father's fear of them.
(c) He no longer wants to buy any with the money he has saved.
(d) He wants to buy them and give them to Karl so an older person can set them off and Frank can just watch.
4. For what purpose does Nathan give Frank and Jake money when he goes to talk to Ruth?
(a) So they can get haircuts before Ariel's visitation service.
(b) So they can buy ties before Ariel's funeral.
(c) So they can get their shoes shined before Ariel's burial.
(d) So they can buy lunch for themselves on their way to Ariel's funeral.
5. How does the whole town find out about Karl's secret he divulges to Nathan?
(a) Nathan spreads the secret around the town.
(b) Ruth overhears Karl's secret and tells Emil, who spreads the news.
(c) Frank and Jake overhear Karl's secret and tell Officer Doyle, who spreads the news.
(d) Karl decides to announce his secret at a town gathering.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ariel suggests she may not attend Juilliard, what alternative does she present to her parents?
2. What sins is Nathan referring to when he says that his own sins have led to Ariel's death?
3. Who is the only person able to console Ruth during her wait for information about Ariel?
4. What object does Frank see sticking out of Danny's Uncle Warren's pocket?
5. What simile does Gus use to describe Nathan's reaction to Ariel's death?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)