|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Warren Redstone cite for the 1862 attack on the white settlers by the Sioux tribe?
(a) Because the Sioux realized that the white settlers wanted to own land the Sioux had occupied for centuries.
(b) Because the Sioux were starving and had been denied food promised them in a treaty.
(c) Because the white settlers had attacked the Sioux first.
(d) Because the Sioux had discovered the white settlers' use of smallpox-infected blankets to kill their tribe members.
2. What song does Ruth Drum sing at Bobby's funeral?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) Hark the Herald Angels Sing.
(c) Ordinary Grace.
(d) Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.
3. Why does Jake want Frank to answer people's questions about the incident with Emil instead of answering himself?
(a) Because he is so shaken by the incident that he does not know what to say.
(b) Because he is worried he will stutter.
(c) Because he still does not feel well.
(d) Because he cannot stop crying.
4. Where is the private hospital located where Emil goes to recuperate?
(a) The Twin Cities.
5. Who touches Lise and sends her into a screaming fit after Emil attempted suicide?
(b) One of the policemen who arrive at the scene.
(d) One of the firemen who arrive at the scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month and year does the narrator's story begin?
2. Who fixes Jake's suit?
3. Why do Frank and Jake look forward to Saturday dinners at their house?
4. Why is the old stone quarry the boys' usual choice of swimming site when there are three possibilities in town?
5. Who first voices the suspicion that Bobby Cole's death might have involved foul play?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)