|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-39 & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Drum family packs up their house for their coming move, how do Frank and Jake spend their spare time?
(a) Working in their grandfather's yard.
(b) Swimming with Danny.
(c) Bowling with Danny.
(d) Working with Lise in her garden.
2. Why do Frank and Jake look forward to Saturday dinners at their house?
(a) Because that night Gus always comes to dinner.
(b) Because Ariel always brings her boyfriend Karl to dinner.
(c) Because their mother makes their favorite dinner: pot roast.
(d) Because their father usually cooks and often they get to eat outside.
3. Where do Frank and Jake always go after they are done with their grandfather's yard work?
(a) The railroad tracks.
(b) Halderson's Drug Store.
(c) The river.
(d) Edna Sweeney's house.
4. When the family is leaving for Bobby Cole's funeral, where does Frank go when he tells Jake to stay at home for a minute?
(a) He goes to tell Ariel that her boyfriend Karl has decided not to go to the funeral.
(b) He goes next door in hopes of seeing Edna Sweeney doing yard work while scantily clad.
(c) He goes to take one last look at the railroad tracks where Bobby had been killed.
(d) He goes under the porch to pray for Bobby's soul.
5. What prompts Gus and Morris to be thrown in jail?
(a) They get into a fistfight in the bar parking lot.
(b) They get caught drag racing.
(c) They rob the local liquor store.
(d) They get caught gambling at a poker game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon leaving their grandfather's house and starting to walk home, Jake suddenly stops in the middle of the road. What reason does he give for stopping?
2. What work does Ariel do for Emil Brandt in exchange for music tutelage?
3. With whom does Frank sit at the Cadbury church service when Jake stays home sick?
4. What reason does Frank give for Morris Engdahl's funeral being the saddest one he has ever attended?
5. After Frank, Jake, and Warren Redstone hear sirens and Frank yells, "Here! He's here!" (168), what does Warren Redstone say to Frank before running away?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)