|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-39 & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though the grace Jake utters is short and simple, what is remarkable about it?
(a) He shouts it.
(b) He whispers it.
(c) He speaks it only after he gets everyone to rise and join hands in memory of Ariel.
(d) He speaks it without a stutter.
2. Where do Frank and Jake run to after seeing the dead body at the train tracks?
(a) Their father's church.
(b) Emil Brandt's house.
(c) Their house.
(d) Halderson's drug store.
3. Who brings Emil to the Drums' house to be with Ruth every time he comes?
4. What kind of animal does Officer Doyle blow up with the M-80 firecracker?
(a) A bullfrog.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A salamander.
(d) A pigeon.
5. What circumstances led to Emil's blindness and facial scarring?
(a) A fire.
(b) War wounds.
(c) A bar fight.
(d) A boating accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Gus treat Frank to when trying to help Frank deal with Ariel's death?
2. How does Frank test his hypothesis that Emil may be the one who killed Ariel?
3. What river flows through the town of New Bremen?
4. What song does Ruth Drum sing at Bobby's funeral?
5. What does Emil reveal about the reason for his suicide attempt?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)