|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-39 & Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Gus give to Jake when Jake feels guilty for swearing in front of the church?
(a) He tells Jake to save his regret for the important things.
(b) He tells Jake to say the Lord's Prayer ten times.
(c) He tells Jake that it is good for people to be shocked out of their monotony once in a while.
(d) He tells Jake to apologize in front of the congregation at the next week's service.
2. What does the Drum family do with the bulk of Ariel's belongings?
(a) They burn it.
(b) They give it to the Klement family.
(c) They take it with them to Saint Paul.
(d) They donate it to an organization that helps needy families.
3. What fact does Jake cite when explaining his certainty that Ariel is in heaven?
(a) Nathan says it is true.
(b) He dreams of her being an angel in heaven.
(c) She was a loving and good person.
(d) Warren Redstone says all young girls go to heaven.
4. When the Coles come to say goodbye to the Drums, Frank says that although they have lost Bobby, they are still lucky. What reason does he give?
(a) They have each other.
(b) They get to stay in a nice town like New Bremen where people care about them.
(c) They are nearly ready to retire.
(d) They have four other children at home.
5. Though the grace Jake utters is short and simple, what is remarkable about it?
(a) He speaks it without a stutter.
(b) He whispers it.
(c) He shouts it.
(d) He speaks it only after he gets everyone to rise and join hands in memory of Ariel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical imperfection does Ariel exhibit?
2. Who is the only family member present when the sheriff and his people pull Ariel's dead body from the river?
3. From whom do Frank and Jake seek advice once they have solidified their hypothesis about Emil's involvement in Ariel's murder?
4. What are the circumstances of Karl's death?
5. What reason does Frank give for thinking his father might be disappointed to find Frank and Jake reading comic books?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)