|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Frank give for the Fourth of July being one of his favorite holidays?
(a) He gets to take the day off from his work at his grandfather's house.
(b) He likes the fireworks.
(c) He likes the pies his mother makes.
(d) He gets to spend time alone with his sister Ariel.
2. Though there is little furniture in Lise and Emil's home, what object is a prominent feature in every room?
3. Why does Jake want Frank to answer people's questions about the incident with Emil instead of answering himself?
(a) Because he cannot stop crying.
(b) Because he still does not feel well.
(c) Because he is so shaken by the incident that he does not know what to say.
(d) Because he is worried he will stutter.
4. What does Warren Redstone have in his possession that causes the police to suspect his involvement with Ariel's disappearance?
(a) Her music note earrings.
(b) Her pearl bracelet.
(c) Her diamond ring.
(d) Her locket necklace.
5. When Frank tells the police that Morris Engdahl does not like Ariel, what names does he say Morris Engdahl has called Ariel in the past?
(a) Stuck-Up and Flame Hair.
(b) Slut and Pig.
(c) Snooty and Ugly.
(d) Skag and Harelip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose vehicle do the boys see parked at the quarry when they arrive there?
2. In addition to the revelation about Ariel's pregnant state at the time of her death, what is the other reason the sheriff cites for Karl moving to the top of the murder suspect list?
3. When Frank goes to tell Gus about Ruth's departure, where do Frank and Jake finally locate Gus?
4. When Father Peter tells Nathan the reasons for the townspeople's negative feelings about Ruth's role as the minister's wife, what three reasons does he give?
5. What promise does Nathan elicit from both Frank and Jake after his conversation with Ruth?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)