Prologue & Chapters 1-8
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Kreuger, William Kent. Ordinary Grace. Atria Books, 2014. E-book.
• Bobby Cole, a young boy, is found dead after having been run over by a train on its way to North Dakota.
• Nathan Drum, a pastor and war veteran, receives a call in the middle of the night from the local police station telling him that a church employee of Nathan’s, Gus, is in jail after getting into a fight with a local delinquent and high school dropout, Morris Engdahl.
• Frank and Jake Drum, Nathan’s two sons, accompany their father to the jail after begging to be allowed to come.
• As Nathan bails Gus out of jail, Morris spits insults at the Drums, even calling Jake a “retard” in reference to Jake’s stutter.
• Gus is still inebriated and throws up in...
This section contains 8,531 words
(approx. 29 pages at 300 words per page)