|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the bridesmaids?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Dr. Courtland say about Judge's eye?
3. Who does Fay send to the funeral home with Judge's clothes?
4. What does Miss Adele bring?
5. Why does Laurel go to check on Fay after Missouri?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fay react to Judge's death?
2. Why does Laurel have dinner with the bridesmaids?
3. Why did Judge call himself an optimist?
4. Why does Laurel end the argument?
5. What does Fay decide to do after the funeral?
6. What does Laurel find in the house when she returns from dinner?
7. What does Fay do when she sees the coffin?
8. Why does Laurel feel trapped in her parent's, now Fay's, bedroom?
9. What does Part 2, Chapter 4 say about the characters of Laurel and Fay?
10. What is Laurel searching for in her father's library?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss gossip. Is gossip a bad thing? How does gossip affect people's lives? How can gossip be good? How is gossip bad? How does gossip affect Laurel? Fay? Judge?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Phil? Why does Laurel think about him after the death of her father? What impact did his death have on Laurel? Why is Laurel more angry about his death, even after all this time, than that of her father? How has Phil's death defined Laurel's life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Judge's depression. Why did he become depressed after surgery? Who had the largest impact on Judge's emotional state? Why? How did Laurel try to relieve Judge's depression? Was she successful? Was Judge's depression a hurdle to his recovery? How?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)